If you trust snopes.com...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
LOL

I give up.

psst... Chiropteran ... the HUD thing IS mostly false.

Uh, you got some evidence?

It's completely true.

Even snopes admits as much when you read the detail on the page

"The total dollar figure noted in the report — roughly $520 billion — is undeniably a very large amount of money (equivalent to approximately 13% of the entire 2015 federal budget). But the OIG report explains that figure was the absolute value of all numeric corrections made to HUD financial records, meaning all numeric adjustments (whether positive or negative) were added to create that aggregate figure."

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Oops we posted simultaneously. I just don't know what to say here other than us liberals like to break up big companies but we tend to get stymied by big business Republicans

*wouldn't a different search engine have different results?

*Why would MS add a root kit for an obvious competitor?

*Wouldn't Linux or OSX yield different results?

*Wouldn't a mobile OS yield different results

*Wouldn't someone with a non partisan point of view expose this

*MS & Google have to have dissatisfied employee's how come none have ratted them out?

Illuminati jade helm Obama Hillary George Soros UN Agenda 21 Radical Islamist take over of the interwebs

or some reason along those lines

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

It's completely true.

"The total dollar figure noted in the report — roughly $520 billion — is undeniably a very large amount of money (equivalent to approximately 13% of the entire 2015 federal budget). But the OIG report explains that figure was the absolute value of all numeric corrections made to HUD financial records, meaning all numeric adjustments (whether positive or negative) were added to create that aggregate figure."

Lern too werd read.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
co6.jpg

LOL.

I mean, on the one hand they got things right because they put snopes, cnn, and the onion all in same category. But to call the onion "real news" while legitimate but right-leaning sites are labeled as fake news is just disgusting.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
co6.jpg

LOL.

I mean, on the one hand they got things right because they put snopes, cnn, and the onion all in same category. But to call the onion "real news" while legitimate but right-leaning sites are labeled as fake news is just disgusting.

lol is right, A+ for the infographic though.

the first three are fake news and crazy conspiracy sites.
The Onion is news satire, as clearly stated.
MTV is music news.
Buzzfeed is news.
Vogue is fashion news.
Snopes is fact-checking real and fake news.
TMZ is entertainment and gossip news.

your safe space will be ready shortly Guano.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
To be fair, the Onion is more reliable than Alex Jones and his friend's tin foil hatted conspiracy sites.

That probably explains why you're so woefully misinformed and pwned with near total consistency on these forums.

Meanwhile, you have yet to show Snopes being significantly wrong on facts.

Your thread has backfired and you just keep going.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Amused, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a wise and beautiful woman. You're a wise and beautiful woman now, and you've always been a wise and beautiful woman. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger wise and beautiful woman. Maybe have some more wise and beautiful woman kids.

One "wise and beautiful woman" too far.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Amused, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a wise and beautiful woman. You're a wise and beautiful woman now, and you've always been a wise and beautiful woman. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger wise and beautiful woman. Maybe have some more wise and beautiful woman kids.

And... that's all you've got left, isn't it?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Haha fantastic.

Reactions: FIVR

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Looks like underoos has a new challenger for the crown of disturbia.
What is it about a certain type of poster and an addiction to gravely voiced YouTube videos and image macros and the assumption that they are a substitute for reasoned debate.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
There's a MASSIVE gap between having information and knowing what to do with it.
Reading comprehension may be a growing disaster if this topic is any indication.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Since you guys think it's all fake news, here is some more:

hEMeshK.jpg

I'm not vouching for the source, could easily just be a joke post.

But if you actually read or listen to CNN, 90% of the time there is an "unknown source", so this isn't far off from that "real news".

Just want to leave this here so I can tell you I told you so if something does happen tonight.

Nov 25, 2013
To be fair, the Onion is more reliable than Alex Jones and his friend's tin foil hatted conspiracy sites.

That probably explains why you're so woefully misinformed and pwned with near total consistency on these forums.

Meanwhile, you have yet to show Snopes being significantly wrong on facts.

Your thread has backfired and you just keep going.

He has a damn big shovel and he's gonna use it no matter what.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's completely true.

Meaning the $500B figure is used in an effort to deceive. It really is quite meaningless.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I'm not vouching for the source, could easily just be a joke post.

then why would you post it? typical Trump speak right there, up is down and left is right.

But if you actually read or listen to CNN, 90% of the time there is an "unknown source", so this isn't far off from that "real news".

all real news agencies use unnamed sources, not "unknown sources", and they have for decades.

you know, words and their meaning do actually matter and you can't just make stupid shit like that up and get away with it.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Meaning the $500B figure is used in an effort to deceive. It really is quite meaningless.

The whole point is there are so many errors.

How else could you read the headline? Did you read it and think Ben Carson literally found a bag full of $500 billion in cash? I don't see how anyone could misunderstand the headline.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The whole point is there are so many errors.

How else could you read the headline? Did you read it and think Ben Carson literally found a bag full of $500 billion in cash? I don't see how anyone could misunderstand the headline.

Real question. Do you believe this shit?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
OP has you all by the short hairs. That 4chan post is REAL news, you'll all see how foolish you've been when it turns out OP has such amazing intelligence gathering techniques using 4chan he actually knows when WWIII will start. You should all be so lucky to be forewarned of the next inevitable american war. Thank you again for your service, OP.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Just like the other thread, OP is incapable of inferring context or understanding the words on his monitor. He also seems to have made himself look like a complete fucking idiot linking a 15 y/o teen from 4chan as his credible source. Typical.