If you could have any starship, what would it be?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
Originally posted by: tk149
The Tardis. Can't beat instant space/time travel.

Does that count as a starship? Definitely a cool choice though. Similar reasons why I chose the no-ship, minus time travel and all. Being able to instantly travel anywhere in the galaxy is just badass. Plus, the no-ships can't be tracked, unless you're a super facedancer.

The Tardis is certainly spaceworthy, since I've seen it materialize in space (in vacuum). I don't recall ever seeing it move on any sort of propulsion system though. Why bother having an impulse engine when you can just materialize anywhere/anywhen you want? And with a functional chameleon circuit, it'll look like anything you want.

Plus it's much bigger on the inside than the outside! :D And comes with a K-9 unit and attractive female sidekick!:evil::p

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd have to go with the Bistromath - bistormathics certainly seemed more reliable and predictable than calculating improbability figures in the novels. (HHGTG)

The Lucifer from FreeSpace was a good choice too... That battle in hyperspace was unreal.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: TerryMathews
I'd have to go with the Bistromath - bistormathics certainly seemed more reliable and predictable than calculating improbability figures in the novels. (HHGTG)

The Lucifer from FreeSpace was a good choice too... That battle in hyperspace was unreal.

Exactly, how would you like your Starships and Terran Battle Crusiers, sliced, diced or jullianed?
Another that I just thought of was The Federation Timeship U.S.S Relativity, Just send youself anywhere in time you wanted, plus the holodeck as an added bonus.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Millenium Falcoln. It's like an RV, except alot faster. And it has weapons and shields.

futuristicmonkey

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

Exactly, how would you like your Starships and Terran Battle Crusiers, sliced, diced or jullianed?
Another that I just thought of was The Federation Timeship U.S.S Relativity, Just send youself anywhere in time you wanted, plus the holodeck as an added bonus.

Ya, well, that ship is from a fiction of a more fictional nature; the battlecruiser is something that'll probably be built - no gay hyperdrive, hyperspace, no shields - it may have lasers, but it's still more realistic than these other ships.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: futuristicmonkey
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

Ya, well, that ship is from a fiction of a more fictional nature; the battlecruiser is something that'll probably be built - no gay hyperdrive, hyperspace, no shields - it may have lasers, but it's still more realistic than these other ships.

:confused: you havent played freespace have you?

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
I'm really suprised that nobody said the Pilar of Autumn (Halo)...that ship defeated an entire Covenant armada on it's own!

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Horus
I'm really suprised that nobody said the Pilar of Autumn (Halo)...that ship defeated an entire Covenant armada on it's own!

psh, hte covenant are weak! one dude single handedly took out like everyone from the covenant.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Enterprise-E for amenities, Imperial Super Star Destroyer for firepower and that "wow" factor, and a TIE Interceptor for personal attack craft.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
You people saying USS Enterprise need to specify which Enterprise. :p NCC-1701, NCC-1701A, NCC-1701B, NCC-1701C, NCC-1701D, and NCC-1701E. I don't count the Enterprise from Enterprise, as its not real Star Trek.

I'd take the Enterprise E, but any Sovereign class vessel would fit the bill. :D

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Prometheus (SG1), Puddle Jumper (Atlantis), Wraith Dart (those things are fast and can suck people up....sweet), or a Gould mothership...it's a freakin pyramid...how cool is that?

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000
X-wing for "racing" (e.g., my sports starship :p)

and

NCC 1701-E Enterprise for long trips (e.g., the RV of starships)

:D

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I wouldn't mind my own Borg cube, as long as I'm allowed to do a little interior remodeling :)

Or, even better yet... I want that big assed mothership from Independence Day! I could kick some interstellar ass with that thing... as long as I kept my AntiVirus software up to date!