If you could be GOD, what would you work on or do first?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: CVSiN
hmm well since Humans are parasites on the face of the earth killing and destroying every habitat we touch.. Id have to say time for change...
natural disasters over most of the civilized world.. to kick the population back under control... then severely limit the ability for humans to reproduce.. maybe make it take 5 years to have 1 baby...
then id bring back all the species that humans have killed to extinction or the brink of extinction... ie whales... otters... tigers... pandas... and create more rainforests and wipe out polution repair the damage done to the earth by humanity and let the wildlife take over again...

humans would exist but not as we are today... a destructive negative race that doesnt care about any other species but itself.. would be replaced with a smaller population of humanity that can live in harmony with thier environment without destroying it.
and the human need to spread like a virus....
Humans are the death of the earth.. we are the killers of worlds... everything we do rapes the earth...

Im not a tree hugging hippy but I do hate the humans desire to conquer and spread reguardless of the conserquences.. the human being is a selfish being... we are the only animal that hunts for sport not for food.. we are also the only animal that will destroy its own envionment that will eventually kill us off as a species.

Sometimes I think that god placed us here as an experiment... to see how many eons it takes for a single species to destroy the perfect world...

Heh. Humans are that way because they don't have enough God in them!

If the men had any god in them, wouldn't they then be homosexual, thus earning his disfavor anyway? Damned if you do, damned if you don't~

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: lebe0024
Design the world so that in the end, I receive the most glory and praise. I would be totally self-centered. Seriously.

I will second that!

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Force some hardcore lesbo action between the hottest women on earth.

Enlarge Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie by 100 pounds and watch their reaction :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: deathkoba
I would smote them evil ones (athiests) to the dirty ground! Haiiiyaaaa!
You call Atheists evil yet you talk about exterminating them. Sound like someones a little confused about what is evil (or an evil act) and what isn't.

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Twista
Cure "MS" no not microsoft, but the nerve disorder.

No kidding. I have a friend with MS, and its aweful. He's been as active as possible, so he can stay independant as long as possible, but it looks like in a few years, he'll be wheelchair bound. The doctors will also have to start cutting his tendons in his hands and arms, to release the muscle tension. :(

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: maziwanka
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Wipe Islam from the face of the earth.

ill assume you weren't serious

Of course I'm serious. If I could be "God", one of the first things I would do would be to wipe the very idea of Islam from the human zeitgeist. I hate it. I think it is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition.

(Not that I'm a big fan of other religions, but the religion that invented the idea of the suicide bomber "martyr" who targets innocent people wins a special place in my heart.)

And if that offends you, well, you can go pound sand.

Lioness

Jul 27, 2001
If I were God I would first prove to all that I existed, leaving no doubt behind. Then I would guide all human beings toward the righteous path. How? I don?t know, use your imagination.

RobCur

Banned
Oct 4, 2002
Originally posted by: phreakah
theres no such thing as god

God has already done plenty and have made many mistakes, I hope he would correct every mistakes he has ever made so far and make life better for us all. Everyone gets sick, grows old and die, is their no cure? The freewill to choose was a big mistake, we need to controlled like a mindless drone :D
BTW, I don't know what to do on my own!!!

:shocked:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Chunkee
Originally posted by: phreakah
theres no such thing as god

no reason for you to post then on this thread

If you had looked at the deeper meaning of his statement, he was bringing up the reasoning behind God's unwillingness to reveal and prove himself. I mean, it could only do good if we KNEW for certain that God was watching and judging us. Why mask his prescence behind ancient texts? What purpose does it serve for him to remain hidden and uncertain? It's a question that has rattled in the brains of people since the dawn of time.

You obviously judged his assertion in haste, as is typical of right wing religious wackjobs.

No he didn't your just stupid. If Jesus himself showed up and said I am Christ, you wouldn't believe him. Knucklehead atheists always say if I could see, then I would believe, no you wouldn't. We have seen the destruction of drugs and alcohol, but yet folks still do it. We have seen folks drop dead from smoking, but yet they still do it. Many catch VD galore, but yet folks still sleep around. We have seen many die from driving to fast, but yet folks still speed. So for all your stupid questions about God masking himself and all the if you could see jazz, for the stupid answer to your stupid questions just look in the mirror. You believe what you want to believe cause your to stupid to believe anything else.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
If I were God, I would kill myself. I don't think I could live with the thought of how many millions of people have died because of me, the innocents that have been killed in my name, and the countless lives I have ruined simply by my actions, or inactions. How about that?

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Give life "do-overs". Seriously, half the fun of life is overcoming challenges. It's just some of those challenges -- Cancer, being stupid, etc. -- aren't really fair. So you get do-overs until you get something that is fair. ^_^

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: yukichigai
Give life "do-overs". Seriously, half the fun of life is overcoming challenges. It's just some of those challenges -- Cancer, being stupid, etc. -- aren't really fair. So you get do-overs until you get something that is fair. ^_^

I like this one alot

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ChurchOfSubgenius
Originally posted by: Beau
Assuming God exists, and is all powerful and all knowledgeble, I'd assume s/he also would know what's best for us humans, and continue on doing exactly as s/he has been doing since the start of time.

There is no other answer, assuming there is a god (aw shudddup troll) this is the only possible situation and here are my reasons why.

1. god is omnipotent and omnipresent
2. god is all knowing of past and future

if you "became god" you would be #1 and #2 and you would immediately understand why he/she/it does what he does and havedo the same for the exact same reason he does.

end of story, thread closed for business and trolling, good night.

You get my vote for the best of critical thinking on OT for the day. I don't need to add anything to this.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Chunkee
Originally posted by: yukichigai

I like this one alot
Thanks. :beer:

I remembered I'd thought on this topic before though. The one thing I remember deciding was that I'd do a little "redesigning" of the human nervous system, in particular the area of pain. Pain, while a useful and impossible-not-to-notice feeling, is not the best design from a survival standpoint. In situations where you need to move to avoid certain death crippling pain can stop you in your tracks. There's no way to turn it off, some of the most trivial things -- like food stuck in your teeth -- can cause severe pain while something as serious as a rupture in a major vein or artery can cause none.

So yeah, that, and the do-over thing. :D

Epoman

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2003
I would hope he would give the human race cures for all diseases. And then I would be able to see my son grow up.

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
I'd say reset the whole deal and start from scratch. What we got now obviously isn't working, and I have no great attachment to it. Evil exists when it really shouldn't. I don't know how that got into the mix but it would be gone this time around. I'd vow to take a more active role in my creation, so that stuff like atheism has no place. Essentially, I'd remake the system so that all the BS, contradictions, and strife would never even be able to arise. It'd look totally different from what we have now, but it'd be a much nicer system.

Assuming that that wasn't within my purview at the moment (ie, have to work with what I got), I'd go about proving my existence beyond a doubt. Taking a page from Jewish tradition, the haggadah, I'd crush some random metropolitan center (something with a distinct media presence) like I did Midian, with a loaf of barley bread one omer long. (Do a search on omer to find the line backing this up.) I mean, how would one argue with that? There is no other explanation for it besides god... unless you want to accept aliens orbiting earth with a giant, cloaked bakery.

palle33 So what if you don't believe god exists? Then he's just like any other imaginary creature, Take pink unicorns for example. Replace the phrase "god" in the original question with "pink unicorns" and see if you can answer it then.
Originally posted by: maziwanka
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Wipe Islam from the face of the earth.
ill assume you weren't serious
And why not? He's done that before. There are passages in the early parts of the bible that involve this I believe. Though later he has his followers do that for him, eventually having them take it upon themselves entirely...

ChurchOfSubgenius as to your arguments about continuing the universe as it is... you're assuming that God has our best interests in mind, and is compassionate enough to give us the best possible universe. I mean, from the POV of the tapeworm, man was invented by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm. We don't even know for certain that's wrong. And who's to say that we're not some stepping stone for an alien civilization that God has his eye on, a way for them to advance. Frankly, neither the tapeworms or the aliens being on top of us really appeals to me. I'd have to ensure we got the penthouse suite. And why? Because as a man, I'm egotistical.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Assuming God exists, and is all powerful and all knowledgeble, I'd assume s/he also would know what's best for us humans, and continue on doing exactly as s/he has been doing since the start of time.
How do you define what is best for us humans? Even if you do get that far, why must God act that way?

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: ChurchOfSubgenius

There is no other answer, assuming there is a god (aw shudddup troll) this is the only possible situation and here are my reasons why.

1. god is omnipotent and omnipresent
2. god is all knowing of past and future

if you "became god" you would be #1 and #2 and you would immediately understand why he/she/it does what he does and havedo the same for the exact same reason he does.

end of story, thread closed for business and trolling, good night.

Yeah, but if god is omnicient, omnipotent, and omnipresent then how do you explain events like the holocaust, 9/11, the atomic bombs, AIDs, cancer, starvation, etc? If he is trying to "teach us a lesson", I would think he could do it in a less destructive way. IMO this is the most striking proof he doesn't exist (at least not in the manifestation understood by christianity / islam.