If you could be GOD, what would you work on or do first?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber

Yeah, but if god is omnicient, omnipotent, and omnipresent then how do you explain events like the holocaust, 9/11, the atomic bombs, AIDs, cancer, starvation, etc? If he is trying to "teach us a lesson", I would think he could do it in a less destructive way. IMO this is the most striking proof he doesn't exist (at least not in the manifestation understood by christianity / islam.

No, that just shows that preventing suffering isn't the #1 priority. Free choice is.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Wasn't it Jesus who said that our life on earth was not supposed to be comfortable and full of ease? We are supposed able to endure suffering? (somewhere in Matthews)

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
An interesting reply for sake of argument would be, "eliminate religion", however I agree with amorphus it's a very dumb question, almost to the point of being blasphemous. This question is what got Lucifer a swift kick in the nards.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
I will kill all gods, including myself, so all the moron humans wouldn't fight about it anymore

Sophia

Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
[
Yeah, but if god is omnicient, omnipotent, and omnipresent then how do you explain events like the holocaust, 9/11, the atomic bombs, AIDs, cancer, starvation, etc? If he is trying to "teach us a lesson", I would think he could do it in a less destructive way. IMO this is the most striking proof he doesn't exist (at least not in the manifestation understood by christianity / islam.

Because God allows what we allow? Granted, I don't find the idea satisfactory for things like diseases, but it's a thought.

RobCur

Banned
Oct 4, 2002
The culprit of this topic is asking a dumb question that no one can answer. God is everyone and is no one in reality, nuff said.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I would make mylesf not exist, and I would make it obvious that there was no god. That way it would be easy to prove.

misterj

Jan 7, 2000
Originally posted by: RobCur
The culprit of this topic is asking a dumb question that no one can answer. God is everyone and is no one in reality, nuff said.

bingo. i like to humor people.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Truthfully, mentioning the things I would do would get me banned from this forum.

LordPhoenix

Golden Member
Jul 1, 2004
If i was god i would rob bill gates and give my human form of me (that im typing in now) all his money and give myself immortality, a gaming pc that's high end and updated every month (updates by itself as in if a new video card was released my pos would transform into it), oh not to mention make a ton of female celebs sex slaves. :)

P.S.

With my magical powers find Osama Bin Laden, dress him up as WAGS the dog from the Wiggles
http://www.thewiggles.com.au/images/pg_wagsthedog.jpg
and put him in a hardcore wrestling match with Mankind with barbed wire, tazers, flamethrowers, fire-gadets, exploding gadgets, pins, cages, etc, etc. That would be entertaining...

homestarmy

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
artwilbur.com
Originally posted by: Chunkee
Originally posted by: palle33
by just asking the question you admit there is no God.....

hey, thats a great one, did you just graduate from Harvard or something...

go back to playing with your legos and post something insifnificant in another thread

Go post something with correct spelling in another thread. :D

If I was God, maybe I'd teach some of you people how to spell.

homestarmy

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
artwilbur.com
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: maziwanka
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Wipe Islam from the face of the earth.

ill assume you weren't serious

Of course I'm serious. If I could be "God", one of the first things I would do would be to wipe the very idea of Islam from the human zeitgeist. I hate it. I think it is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition.

(Not that I'm a big fan of other religions, but the religion that invented the idea of the suicide bomber "martyr" who targets innocent people wins a special place in my heart.)

And if that offends you, well, you can go pound sand.

Right on, fvck them and the towels they're wrapped in!

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
I'd get myself a nice Athlon-64 FX based computer with all the bells and whistles... and I'd run it on the biggest wall mounted HD plasma display that exists :D