IF the US should happen to catpure Saddam alive should they...

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Turn him over to international authorities to be held for war crimes? (plenty of anti-western propoganda for the arab world in this scenario)

Put him on the first ballot, one slot for President, one for public execution? (wonder where that 100% would fall this time)

Turn him over to the Iraqi people and let them do whatever the he*l they want with him?

This last option might be the best, it would eliminate alot of potential anti-US sentiment, his fate was left to his Arabic people, don't blame us. Plus it would work for us if the rest of the Arab world got to see what HIS OWN people thought of him, and did to him. You want to rattle the other "governments" in the region, lol, this would do that.

What do YOU think should be done with him if he is taken alive?

Originally posted by: conjur
Ship him off to The Hague.

I hated Slobodan Milosevic too, and I'm satisfied with his treatment at The Hague. I think the best, most civil and most internationally accepted way to treat this scab upon humanity is to make him suffer through a trial (something which he won't allow his own people to have).

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

sure the zionist western kangaroo court that only wants to squash muslims.....
rolleye.gif

I would prefer we avoided this, besides, Muslim law should not only be sufficient, it would be as brutal as he was...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7

sure the zionist western kangaroo court that only wants to squash muslims.....
rolleye.gif

I would prefer we avoided this, besides, Muslim law should not only be sufficient, it would be as brutal as he was...

Iraq *is* a member of the UN so why not?

Superdoopercooper

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
1) Tie him down.

2) Tape open his eyelids.

3) Blow high speed fan in his face.

4) Watch as his eyes get all dried and crusty. :confused: :Q

DoctaMason

Dec 24, 2002
Turn him over to the Iraqi people and let them do whatever the he*l they want with him?

Do you really think this is a good idea? The first week of war, the U.S. Soldiers didnt even touch Saddam's Army. They were fighting militia. Militia consists of the people, right? Another thing is that there are more Iraqi people who are ok with Saddam than not ok with them.

my 2 cents ;)

DoctorPizza

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Iraq is not a muslim country (though its inhabitants are largely muslims); its law is secular, not clerical. So unless something gets truly fscked up in post-war Iraq, Muslim law shouldn't be applicable.

A UN or other international tribunal would probably satisfy most of the world but may be unpopular amongst Muslim Arab nations, if not the secular ones too. I think it would be seen as evidence of US imperialism even if the tribunal were in Europe.

I think it would be the best option, but it certainly wouldn't please everyone.

There is no single "Arab people". There are many ethnic groups -- this is one reason why the situation since the British Empire (and others) collapsed is so twisted. The nations were drawn up arbitrarily with little regard for the different ethnic and religious groups. The leaders that were installed were chosen to be friendly to the west rather than good for the people.

And in any case, what would you do if the Iraqi people said "we'd like to keep him as our ruler". Wouldn't your "liberation" look a bit silly? Would you let it happen? I don't think so.

DoctaMason

Dec 24, 2002
Ok, but whats the reason for this war?

Is it because Saddam treats his people so evil, that the iraqi people want liberation? Aside from a few talk shows like the oprah winfrey show where's the proof for this?

Or is it because Saddam's holding WDM?

I hear both sides all over the news and from colleagues at work. Im not really sure why we're at war, and what bush's intentions really are

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: DoctaMason
Ok, but whats the reason for this war?

Is it because Saddam treats his people so evil, that the iraqi people want liberation? Aside from a few talk shows like the oprah winfrey show where's the proof for this?

Or is it because Saddam's holding WDM?

I hear both sides all over the news and from colleagues at work. Im not really sure why we're at war, and what bush's intentions really are

If you don't think there's proof of Iraqi people wanting liberation, turn on any news talk show tonight. They had a guy on Bill O' Reilly last night saying how brutal the S.H.'s regime is, and how everyone, including his relatives, had to keep their doors open at all times so the Fedayeen could enter when/if they had to (this was in Nasirayah(sp?) He said that once we got close to Bagdad people would gradually lose their fear and fight... To make my point, if you haven't heard/read any testomonials yet, you have a lot of catching up to do my friend. lol

DoctaMason

Dec 24, 2002
Testimonials from what people though? A few here and there. Look at here in the U.S. how many protestors are protesting bush and this whole war effort? Does that mean that we need a new regime?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Another vote for the Hague.

The Hague deflects direct criticism from the US, though it might generalize Mid-East hatred to the west.

The big problem with letting Iraqi's deal with him is that we don't really know the result. Sure, there are many who hate Saddam, but then again there are many who support him too.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
no kidding, I'm sure i could dig up testimonials from thousands of idiots here in the stats who swear that we have the worst government in the world as well; but that does not make the claim any less absurd.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Ok and the thousands upon thousands of POW's all wanted to fight, and defend Saddam Hussein, right?
rolleye.gif

Why don't u get some testomonials from them? Like I said, you should catch up on your news...

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I think two .45ACP pistol rounds applied in his chest would make the point even fanatical muslims would understand.

But he's already dead, so it's a mute point. :p

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
I vote we depose Jaques Chirac and put Saddam back in power in his place. How long do you think it would take before the French were screaming for the Marines?

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Take pictures of him having sex with a Goat and spread that around the Arab nations.

Bleep

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
Originally posted by: StormRider
...mess up his hair and take unflattering pictures of him?

Yes, we should.

And shave his moustache!

Hehe. You know the saying, "When you've seen 1 ___, you've seen 'em all." Everytime I see pictures of Iraqi's I can't help of thinking this way. Saddam's 'stache seems to be quite popular there.

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Turn him over to international authorities to be held for war crimes? (plenty of anti-western propoganda for the arab world in this scenario)

Put him on the first ballot, one slot for President, one for public execution? (wonder where that 100% would fall this time)

This last option might be the best, it would eliminate alot of potential anti-US sentiment, his fate was left to his Arabic people, don't blame us. Plus it would work for us if the rest of the Arab world got to see what HIS OWN people thought of him, and did to him. You want to rattle the other "governments" in the region, lol, this would do that.

What do YOU think should be done with him if he is taken alive?

I think it would be in our best intrest if he is killed in a large bombing mission... I would personally like to see him executed, but like you said it would cause to much anti- US sentiment...

Either way, i highly doubt we are stopping this time around.

DoctorPizza

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Moustaches are clearly a sign of evil.

Hitler? Moustache.
Stalin? Moustache.
Hussein? Moustache.

Clearly if we rid the world of moustaches we'll rid the world of evil.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: DoctorPizza

Hitler? Moustache.
Stalin? Moustache.
Hussein? Moustache.

So So So true :D I say to those solider's who catch him to litarley torture him or 'accedentially' kill him.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: DoctorPizza

Hitler? Moustache.
Stalin? Moustache.
Hussein? Moustache.

Wonder if that's why Al Gore shaved off his beard? ;)