Discussion If the events of 9/11 happened today, what would the response be??

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Well the president probably would not even wait for an AUMF like W Bush did. It would probably be a quick retaliation with a lot of cruise missiles followed by emergency troop deployments. And if anyone asked, the 2002 AUMF would probably be referred.

Reactions: Linux23

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Are we talking before or after he blames democrats for the attack?

Are we also assuming this happens in a blue state/city?

So after Barr and other trump lackeys craft a declaration of presidential use of power during wartime, Trump and his new personal army, the DHS, will round up all Muslims and put them in camps. You’ll have his right wing army doing their best to assist him too.

He’ll declare war against Iran, even though they weren’t behind it. This will force our allies to side or come to Iran’s defense (politically).

Russia, or course, will offer aide to us where trump will embrace it wholeheartedly and will find some reason to offer more concessions to Russia (more troop pullout from our strategic bases, removing arms agreements, etc).

Trump will then use the presidents bully pulpit to further stoke nationalism worse than after 9/11. Anti war protests will occur which will be met with pro fascist 2nd amendmenters causing massive riots and killings.

All this while he funnels federal money into his “friends” and family’s pockets.

From there he’ll declare that there will be no elections until they can be held safely or some other made up reason and at that point America as we know it will be officially dead.

All of that sounds crazy and far fetched, however almost everything I have laid out has already happened in some form or another by this administration, all out in the open too.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Kiss my daughter goodbye. Tell her I'll meet her on the other side as I witness nuclear Holocaust.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Stupid question. Trump has made American military and other agencies strong enough to deter any such attack, moreover he has also weakened the terrorists and allied with some of them, no one is in the position to launch such attacks. And those who say that he would nuke someone, you are right, and that's why no one will dare do it as long as he is in command. People attack other people only when they know that they can win or get away with it (I am taking about the funders not the terrorists themselves).

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
While unity wouldn't be the same as before with Dubya, I think that would mean Trump winning reelection. People are stupid.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Stupid question. Trump has made American military and other agencies strong enough to deter any such attack, moreover he has also weakened the terrorists and allied with some of them, no one is in the position to launch such attacks. And those who say that he would nuke someone, you are right, and that's why no one will dare do it as long as he is in command. People attack other people only when they know that they can win or get away with it (I am taking about the funders not the terrorists themselves).
actually Trump has made us weaker.........sorry that you have stock in the Te\rump Kool Aid factory!!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Stupid question. Trump has made American military and other agencies strong enough to deter any such attack
Which is why these countries have moved to the psi ops attacks. Perfectly manipulated the orange buffoon and played the average ignorant America like a fiddle. Why have a physical attack when you can let a country self destruct.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Your delusions are funny, tell us more.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I am guessing utter chaos!!
Possibly a mobilization for war.......
That heavily depends? Does Donald have a lingering Trump Tower deal with the offending country? Billion dollar loans with a state bank?
If so, nothing.
You know, America has done some pretty awful stuff too in the past!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is this a covid19 symptom? If Trump cant grift money or power off it, nothing happens.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
People attack other people only when they know that they can win or get away with it (I am taking about the funders not the terrorists themselves).
You are thinking like someone willing to kill for his cause, but that is not what the 9/11 terrorists were. They were people willing to die for their cause. To them winning is not important, only causing others to suffer, spreading fear was their goal. The Terrorists that attacked on 9/11 knew that their attack had literally no hope of defeating America, they were becoming martyrs. In their minds an oversized response, like nuking a foreign nation, would be perfect. It would result in more suffering, more fear, and more people hating America. That was their goal.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
An incident?!

maxresdefault.jpg

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Stupid question. Trump has made American military and other agencies strong enough to deter any such attack, moreover he has also weakened the terrorists and allied with some of them, no one is in the position to launch such attacks.

Bender said it best.