If elected to a second term will Bush start a world war?

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Well guys. If this creep gets into office for the second time what are the chances that he will start the next world war? I say 50/50, give or take a few dead Iraqi civilians. Bush doesn't have to fight in the next world war because he's privilged. Mr. golden spoon up his a** because thats what this creep is.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
No because he won't have the support of the American People. Even if he is elected there are enough Americans who are hesitent to believe him after the BS he pulled to convince us to support his ill advised excellent adventure in Iraq!

As the Dub said "Fool me once shame..shame on you. Fool me twice..err..err. yer not gonna fool me again"

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
No because he won't have the support of the American People. Even if he is elected there are enough Americans who are hesitent to believe him after the BS he pulled to convince us to support his ill advised excellent adventure in Iraq!

As the Dub said "Fool me once shame..shame on you. Fool me twice..err..err. yer not gonna fool me again"

True but there are still a lot of people that believe Iraq had somethign to do with 9/11. We should have stayed out of Iraq.

:|

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
yeah. this thread is troll worthy...

I think it is an interesting topic to discuss though, bush doesnt seem very hesitant to go to war.
How many does he plan in the next term. He still has a lot of trigger happy ppl in his admin.
And there are still a lot of rouge nations out there...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tec699
Well guys. If this creep gets into office for the second time what are the chances that he will start the next world war? I say 50/50, give or take a few dead Iraqi civilians. Bush doesn't have to fight in the next world war because he's privilged. Mr. golden spoon up his a** because thats what this creep is.
Nah. He's got his hands full. His top advisers assured him that Iraq would be a turkey shoot, against the more deeply informed and learned positions of just about all the seasoned political and intelligence people in and out of government.

His own Dad knew better, even with a clear path to Baghdad and Schwartzkoph ready to roll.

I fervently hope not, but I believe it's only gonna' get worse over there.

What worries me about four more years is not what the Dub might try to do internationally, but want he won't do with all of our resources tied up in that Mesopotamian nightmare, and what he will do domestically, chiefly but by no means limited to what may well be 3-4 Supreme Court nominations.

I don't even want to think about a Supreme Court where Scalia is one of the relative "moderates" and Clarence ain't the dumbest and most useless! That would be some truly long lasting damage.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I could see them taking a hard line with china/taiwan...just because they are very stubborn...this COULD start a world war.

With US busy with china, all conflicts would accelerate.

Iran will take the weakened iraq, NK takes SK, Isreal will go nuts in Palestine, etc etc.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
I agree with you, Stunt. Your take on these future scenarios is right on target. If Bush is reelected and we don't change the course of our foreign policy, the tensions in the Far East are going to spread us thin. We cannot be the policeman of the world.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Stunt
I could see them taking a hard line with china/taiwan...just because they are very stubborn...this COULD start a world war.

With US busy with china, all conflicts would accelerate.

Iran will take the weakened iraq, NK takes SK, Isreal will go nuts in Palestine, etc etc.
Considering we did not take a hard line with North Korea it is highly unlikely the Bushies would really fight China. I would expect little more than global trade sanctions (and maybe a naval blockade once that fails at the UN) . . . global depression here we come.

China and Taiwan are basically North Korea and South Korea . . . they've got profound differences but they really don't want to fight. But all it takes is one zealot leader on one side or the other to move these conflicts from verbal barrages to missile launches. Even during the Reagan/Bush41 years the US was largely the voice of reason in both conflicts . . . typically telling China and North Korea . . . "don't start none/won't be none". And telling South Korea and particularly Taiwan to keep it on the DL.

Bush43 as resorted to name calling (North Korea) and appeasement (China) . . . neither of which has been successful.

North Korea cannot defeat South Korea . . . but they will do terrible damage to that country and regional relations. I would be highly surprised if China did not invade the DPRK and install a puppet regime under the auspices of "humanitarian" relief of a refugee crisis . . . aka keep those po bastards from coming to China.

Unless something is done imminently (ie a real coalition to rebuild Iraq) . . . it's only a matter of time before Iran eats Iraq for lunch.

As for Palestine, I guess you haven't noticed . . . but Sharon has been going nuts in Palestine for well over a year.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Oh i agree. They should only do sanctions. It will be interestiung though, both countries have been flexing their military muscle lately. 7 aircraft carrier fleets, plus chinese invasion training... Taiwan/China could be analogous to Kuwait/Iraq. We have no idea how far bush will go. I do however see a lot of trigger happy bush administration and anti-chinese sentiment.

When all is said and done, china makes up $1 trillion in trade with the US for the current year. This is not something to take lightly. A lot of companies have huge financial interests there. Trade sanctions probably won't even be an option...

If taiwan were transffered into a hong kong like state, i think it could work, but i have no idea what the chinese have planned. Honestly, what can be done?

NK, they want korea to be one again, i've been following this quite closely and i dont see the north as wanting a war. They want unification of korea even if it means a democracy. that is what most analysts get out of it. But not easily done...still could have dire consequences.

Iran will take Iraq when US leaves...Once they get nukes going, the US won't touch them either.

Isreal has made some consessions, but there is a lot of horrble things they could do...stay tuned...

Aug 14, 2001
I doubt it. I think this is a silly question.

If anything happens with China/Taiwan, then I don't think that the US will do anything to China.

I wouldn't mind it if the US conquers Canada though. Should only take a few hours anyways.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
haha...you could do it...but do you know how many countries would help us get you out...

Every country on the planet likes us better than the US...you'd have major issues...

I think that could start a world war ;)

also, you'd get sanctioned to hell. Good luck filling a $500 billion trade deficit...:p

besides, you'd get up here in the winter: "damn it's cold here, why the hell are we taking this country again?"
you guys would have a better time in Mexico...it's warmer and almost as much oil...cheap labour...

Aug 14, 2001
No, I don't think that any country of significance would do anything for Canada. Most countries don't care about it or can't do anything. The United States is far more important to the world than Canada is, too. Nobody would probably do anything or even can do anything for Canada. It'll become an American state overnight. I suppose Quebec would become its own nation and Alberta would be a separate state from the rest of Canada.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
OK buddy...If the UN was so outspoken against Iraq, one of the worst dictatorships in the world (and yes this was outspoken against the US), wait and see what happens when you try to take out one of the G8 countries, your name will be mud.

It will never happen as much as you want it, so get over it...go troll somewhere else.

btw. garanteed we'd have japan, russia, and the EU backing us in no time flat.
and it won't be, 'ah we'll let them take canada'...it will be 'if they take canada we are going to be next'

worst idea ever, but what can i expect out of rabid...you are all about the personal and spelling attacks, the lowest from of trolling.

Aug 14, 2001
This thread is about starting wars, is it not? I'm simply stating that I wouldn't mind if the US attacks and conquers Canada.

The UN can't do anything against the US as the US is on the Security Council. Japan, Russia, EU? What are they going to do for Canada at the risk of losing US trade? Sorry, but they realize that Canada is essentially an extension of the US to them. Canada has no importance to them. No nation has significant trade with Canada. Nobody probably cares about Canada enough. It would be similar to China/Taiwan situation where nobody would stop China from overtaking Taiwan as economic ties to China are far more important than Taiwan. It may even be similar to Iraq where countries become outraged, but nobody will use force to prevent it.

Let's say that Japan/EU/Russia actually wants to back Canada. What would they do? Japan which constitutionally cannot even attack. They will not be able to send out a significant force. EU/Russia? The US will appease France by giving them Quebec. The EU will probably stand by and do nothing. Russia? They already have enough problems on their own. These countries don't have enough resources to even help Canada out. The US forces would destroy any conventional forces that these countries send out. They wouldn't even be able to take out one CVBG, let alone 7 operational at the same time. This isn't even taking account into all other small carriers that the US possesses.

The US could even bring down Canada from within. They could fund separatists in Quebec and Alberta to initiate attacks and the US will simply come in from there. I suppose the US could also 'plant' or 'frame' Canada with some sort of crime/attack against the US to start the attacks.

I don't think that this is that horrible of an idea for the American people to consider.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
OK buddy...If the UN was so outspoken against Iraq, one of the worst dictatorships in the world (and yes this was outspoken against the US), wait and see what happens when you try to take out one of the G8 countries, your name will be mud.

It will never happen as much as you want it, so get over it...go troll somewhere else.

btw. garanteed we'd have japan, russia, and the EU backing us in no time flat.
and it won't be, 'ah we'll let them take canada'...it will be 'if they take canada we are going to be next'

worst idea ever, but what can i expect out of rabid...you are all about the personal and spelling attacks, the lowest from of trolling.

US controls the oceans. Canada would be cut off from the rest of the world for at least 4-5 years while other countries replace their WWII class navys.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Spencer278
US controls the oceans. Canada would be cut off from the rest of the world for at least 4-5 years while other countries replace their WWII class navys.

I think that it would take well more than 4-5 years. By then a significant portion of the Canadian population will probably identify themselves as Americans, too, thus rendering any war effort obsolete.

I would consider voting for Bush if this is his next 'war' - war in quotes as I'm not even sure if a single shot would even be fired.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Would he intentionally start a world war? Of course not.

It's his short-sightedness, arrogance, and penchant for not planning that worries me, as it all could indeed contribute to an atmosphere ripe for a world-wide conflict.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
This thread is about starting wars, is it not? I'm simply stating that I wouldn't mind if the US attacks and conquers Canada.
Actually the original thread was about the US being reckless with GWB at the helm...obviously you would be a twit at the helm too...utterly disgusting your lack of interest in global equilibrium...
Any country who invades another country for no reason should cower in self pity...this type of mindset utterly disgusts me...let me tell you...i am protected from fighting in any war since i am a student, but if the US breached our borders i would gladly resist...

And EU would not sit by. We are very tight with the EU and they will not be afraid to flex their military muscles...Russia would definately not support the US, in fact, they have little to lose in terms of US trading...so i'd imagine they'd be for the good guys. They may be in rough shape but militarily they have enough to help us out. They do have nuclear missiles within range of the US, also have a new technology which can avoid your missile defense. Which ironically enough will be run out of NORAD...which we are a sitting member. I'd imagine we'd take that out from the inside immediately.

The US could never fund quebec or alberta to separate...

you have no idea what you are talking about...i hope some of your LEVEL headed american counterparts will set you staight...if not...the canadians on this forum with give you an ear full.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose

The US could even bring down Canada from within. They could fund separatists in Quebec and Alberta to initiate attacks and the US will simply come in from there.

If Bush decides to take over Canada, this is probably the best way - take advantage of the large separatist sentiment in many of the Canadian provinces.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
There is separatist sentiment, but no separatist would join the US. they want independance not become a US state...
i'd say not even 30% of quebec is separatist...and they are more left than you could imagine...they would never ally with the US.
Alberta is a VERY small movement...like one guy on the internet and a big mouth...nothing credible.

many = 2?...thanks for the uneeded exaggeration...

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose

The UN can't do anything against the US as the US is on the Security Council. Japan, Russia, EU? What are they going to do for Canada at the risk of losing US trade? Sorry, but they realize that Canada is essentially an extension of the US to them. Canada has no importance to them. No nation has significant trade with Canada. Nobody probably cares about Canada enough. It would be similar to China/Taiwan situation where nobody would stop China from overtaking Taiwan as economic ties to China are far more important than Taiwan. It may even be similar to Iraq where countries become outraged, but nobody will use force to prevent it.

Let's say that Japan/EU/Russia actually wants to back Canada. What would they do? Japan which constitutionally cannot even attack. They will not be able to send out a significant force. EU/Russia? The US will appease France by giving them Quebec. The EU will probably stand by and do nothing. Russia? They already have enough problems on their own. These countries don't have enough resources to even help Canada out. The US forces would destroy any conventional forces that these countries send out. They wouldn't even be able to take out one CVBG, let alone 7 operational at the same time. This isn't even taking account into all other small carriers that the US possesses.

The US could even bring down Canada from within. They could fund separatists in Quebec and Alberta to initiate attacks and the US will simply come in from there. I suppose the US could also 'plant' or 'frame' Canada with some sort of crime/attack against the US to start the attacks.

I don't think that this is that horrible of an idea for the American people to consider.

Especially considering the stance that Canada is taking on illicit drugs. If they are going to be a good neighbor and steal from Us with their drug sales, we should consider Rabid's proposal. ;)

Aug 14, 2001
Actually the original thread was about the US being reckless with GWB at the helm...obviously you would be a twit at the helm too

Yes and I would support his recklessnes if he were to invade Canada.

...utterly disgusting your lack of interest in global equilibrium...
Any country who invades another country for no reason should cower in self pity...this type of mindset utterly disgusts me...let me tell you...i am protected from fighting in any war since i am a student, but if the US breached our borders i would gladly resist...

Global equilibrium? Do you live in a fairy tale world where everyone wants to hold hands? Sorry, but countries do whatever is in their best interests.

I congratulate you on your will to fight in a resistance against the US. However, it will be an inevitable loss.

And EU would not sit by. We are very tight with the EU and they will not be afraid to flex their military muscles

The US is far more important than Canada to the EU. Loss of American trade would devastate them as it would the US. Loss of Canada would have almost no effect.

Do you actually think that the EU could really do anything if it decided to ignore all economic ties? They could not even stop a genocide in their own backyard.

...Russia would definately not support the US, in fact, they have little to lose in terms of US trading...so i'd imagine they'd be for the good guys.

They would lose more trade by going against the US than by protecting Canada, which is insignificant to them. As for your accusations that Russia would have little to lose in trade, back it up with a source if you care to substantiate your claim. Last I remembered, you were prone to lies and fallacies.

They may be in rough shape but militarily they have enough to help us out. They do have nuclear missiles within range of the US, also have a new technology which can avoid your missile defense. Which ironically enough will be run out of NORAD...which we are a sitting member. I'd imagine we'd take that out from the inside immediately.

Russa's military could not help Canada to drive away the Americans. Nuclear missiles? You're a fool if you believe that any country would resort to nuclear warfare against an absolutely insignificant nation. Nope, they would not risk their own annihilation for Canada.

The US could never fund quebec or alberta to separate...

Why not? I said that they could fund separatists to wage a ciivl war. They most certainly have the money to do this.

you have no idea what you are talking about...i hope some of your LEVEL headed american counterparts will set you staight...if not...the canadians on this forum with give you an ear full.

I believe that I do have an idea what I am talking about. An invasion of Canada would be a concept that I may support. It would be quick, easy, and well worth it in the long run, IMO.

US trade and military might combined with Canada's unimportance in the world will most likely result in no direct foreign intervention from Europe, Russia, or Japan.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
There is separatist sentiment, but no separatist would join the US. they want independance not become a US state...
i'd say not even 30% of quebec is separatist...and they are more left than you could imagine...they would never ally with the US.
Alberta is a VERY small movement...like one guy on the internet and a big mouth...nothing credible.

many = 2?...thanks for the uneeded exaggeration...

They can be like Puerto Rico - a territory under US protection. Or another type of agreement. Who knows?

In 1995 49.4% of Quebec voted for independence. Even Alberta's premier has made veiled separatist threats.