If and when we leave Iraq

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: StepUp
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
We should keep the muslims out, probably would be safer. Just look what's happening to Europe. You want that here?

Political correctness is going to be the downfall of society.

It's going to happen to us anyways some way or another, already happening with Mexicans. Oh well. I just won't have any kids.

Our gene pool thanks you.

On the cultural issue, I often wonder how there can be so much animosity between Christians, Jews, and Muslims. We all worship the same God.

Completely off topic, but I have no idea how you can say that those 3 religious groups worship the same god. On topic, I think there are compelling argument on both side.

Don't all three religions worship the God of Abraham?

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

An Abrahamic religion is a monotheistic religion that includes Abraham (Hebrew: Avraham ????????? ; Arabic: Ibrahim ??????? ) as part of its mythology. Prominent examples are Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Baha'i.

It is the choice of Abraham as a common label that makes them Abrahamic. It stems from his reputation as the "Father of many", which is the literal meaning of his name. He is claimed by Jewish tradition as the ancestor of the Israelites through his son Isaac (Is'haq in Arabic, Yitzchak in Hebrew). By Muslim tradition his other son Ishmael (Isma'il in Arabic, Yi?ma?el in Hebrew) is the ancestor of the Arabs including Muhammad, thus making Abraham an ancestor to all later prophets, since all, except Muhammed, were descended from Israelites. Christians refer to Abraham as a "father in faith" (see Romans 4); the phrase may also be meant to suggest that all three religions come from one source.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I think we Americans are more inclusive of foreigners than European cultures are and because of that foreigners become American here much sooner than in Europe. Can't swear to that but think it's so. When you make people continuously aware they are different they go along with it. I wouldn't know who's an Iraqi if he bit me in the ass.

Yeah, the American way or the highway, you are inclusive if they give up their culture, Nationalistic bullshit that we won't touch is what you love.

You love your own, nothing more, nothing less, in Europe we go out of our way to include them into our society, in the US, you simply exclude them.

You pride yourself with this bullshit of words while almost EVERY refugee from your wars or from modern day Africa would NEVER want to come to America.

This is the actual truth, the only immigration to the US is highly educated people, the only immigration to Europe is from the US waged wars and those who flee from the war zones.

You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about ANYTHING, i guess that is why you go philosophical every fucking time you are asked a REAL question that would demand an answer you cannot give.

Stupid fucking American TWATS.

I can't swear to what I said but I think it is so. I appreciate you point of view and think it has validity too. I don't think I am nationalistic. I said what I think is a fact. I believe America has created a real mess and ignores problems in the world we could greatly help with at little national expense. I also don't mind your passion and your personal attacks. I don't put upon myself the burden to need to know anything or answer questions as you might wish or think I should. I say what I say and try to hear what you say to me.

We are experiencing here, in my opinion, a strong right wing nationalistic swing against Mexican labor, and against intellectual guest workers too, as declining life styles multiply and pay doesn't keep up with inflation for many people. The disease of self hate always looks for somebody to blame for failures. I don't live in Europe but I listen to the news and I have heard that the rising nationalism, if it is real, in France and the attacks on Muslims there from North Africa in particular are due to the ghettoizing of Muslims and their non-inclusion in the broader French society.

I think Americans are much more open to the upward mobility of people willing to work, regardless of who they are or where they came from. We have less a class society. All the stuff you said doesn't change that fact. This is how it is for people who are here. The stuff you are talking about is really a different issue, I think, and I think your criticism is generally valid. What the American government does and how Americans are isn't the same thing. I am describing apples and you oranges. I like both.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I think we Americans are more inclusive of foreigners than European cultures are and because of that foreigners become American here much sooner than in Europe. Can't swear to that but think it's so. When you make people continuously aware they are different they go along with it. I wouldn't know who's an Iraqi if he bit me in the ass.

Yeah, the American way or the highway, you are inclusive if they give up their culture, Nationalistic bullshit that we won't touch is what you love.

You love your own, nothing more, nothing less, in Europe we go out of our way to include them into our society, in the US, you simply exclude them.

You pride yourself with this bullshit of words while almost EVERY refugee from your wars or from modern day Africa would NEVER want to come to America.

This is the actual truth, the only immigration to the US is highly educated people, the only immigration to Europe is from the US waged wars and those who flee from the war zones.

You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about ANYTHING, i guess that is why you go philosophical every fucking time you are asked a REAL question that would demand an answer you cannot give.

Stupid fucking American TWATS.

Can we get a ban on this guy? Enough is enough already. From lying about his shooting skills to pretending to be in the SAS, to insulting everyone he ever responds to including all Americans across the board.

Sorry for the edit; but I had to include this gem which I happen to agree with because no career military officer would ever act the way this guy does:

Originally posted by: BoberFett
Elite soldier my ass. I'm far more willing to believe you're a nerd sitting in your parents flat having a midday wank than you are a soldier in a war zone.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

which is why there are muslim ghettos on the outskirts of paris. they've been so included into french society that they've had massive riots.

hmmm... maybe they're more french than i thought....

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

How about you take them in, they can be easily exported so that you might get 3.6 million refugees from that stupid fucking war.

Maybe you Brits should take a portion of em in to, seen as you guys jumped in head first right along with us like the good lapdogs you all are.