IBM Question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mickles

Jul 25, 2004
If you're connected to ethernet 90% of the time, don't bother upgrading to Atheros. Atheros generally has better range/stability of connection, but it doesn't sound like you will need that range/stability.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: cmp1223
WackDan, I just ordered a T43 with a fingerprint scanner and would also love to hear more. Since you seem to know alot about thinkpads, what your opinion on the Inte/Atheros wireless option? My T43 was packaged with Intel 2915ABG but i keep hearing good things about Atheros. Is it worth the upgrade? I will only be using wifi casually (around campus, but it will stay connected the ethernet 90% of the time.)

I agree with Mickles on that one... I don't think it's worth the upgrade even if you were using wireless more often. I've had both in my ThinkPads, and to tell the truth, I've not noticed a difference at all- if any. I'm sure in select environments you might, but probably not on campus.