I would like to announce that I am crazy. *Updated!* Crazier! LED :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Baldy18
I've seen that mod done before on Overclockers.com. Looks really cool if you mount it vertically in a case with a window and neon light.:cool:

Bah! That was a square window. Notice mine also took into account that little spot by the head mount. Also has 2 curves I spent a while doing :)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JonB
How about a 5.25" Quantum "Bigfoot" ?? I just looked at mine and it is such a tank. I think they were built to use as "black boxes" for airplane crashes.

Hehe, could be. I happen to have a 5.25" Quantum Bigfoot TS 12G HD sitting here on the desk beside me. :)

Valinos

Banned
Jun 6, 2001
I should send you my 1.2GB connor HDD out of a Packard Bell :) Even though its crap, it is something to show off to fellow geeks :)

Drool at my L33T mod! Haha! That's an awesome job there, seriously, if you are willing to do it for me I'll send my drive and some cash.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Bwhahaha! Someone said I should maike one with an LED, So I did :)

Muttley: It's your drive! Come see it born!

Twins?
WTF does that mean?
Need a T9 bit.
screws out!
Tossed in a bag.
holes cut.
Test layout top. ( 470 ohm resister inline )
Test layout.
LED glued in
window applied.
Now they are twins!
Running and lit
Running and lit2 sorry on the quality, my camera exposes for a while on no flash pics.

I would be happy to do this for anyone. Only catch is, if I fry your hard drive, tough beans. You pay for shipping to and from me, along with the dremmel cutting wheels and plexi I use, and it's a go. WD drives are all I have tried it with, because they have a raised lip that I can mount the window to. IBM and Conner ( man, thats like 8 years old ) both have flat tops, and probably different way to attach the head, arm, and platters to the top. I would be happy to try though :)

muttley

Jun 2, 2001
KEWL KEWL KEWL KEWL COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

Tell me with what I owe you with shipping.
You should go into business.
Set you up as a computer repair store. To bad your not in my town.

muttley

Swanny

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Too bad mine are IBMs and I'm not willing to part with them. You should start a website doing this stuff!

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Ha, screwdrivers are for sissies! :p Last HDD I took apart at my friend's house we used a drill and a hammer. :D The drive before that he shot twice with a Mauser. :)