I will be 65 on Tuesday! How to celebrate in home isolation?

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Congrats on the birthday, and congrats on the 7 years with lung cancer. My father-in-law was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, he made it almost 4 years. During the start of pandemic, I learned to sleep with face masks on while we were giving him 24/7 home care since our choice was that or essentially send him off to a death sentence alone in a nursing home. We were NOT giving COVID to someone with lung cancer.

Go back to basics. Have your very favorite food, bring out a great bottle of wine (or libation of your choice), and be with family if you can. That is what really matters.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Congrats on the milestone. Not sure how I could have dealt with something like stage 4 cancer. You've proven how strong willed you are by fighting it.
I'll be 65 myself on Nov 11 (Veterans Day).

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Have you applied for Medicare yet? What about SSDI? You CERTAINLY should qualify for the latter with your diagnosis.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Have you applied for Medicare yet? What about SSDI? You CERTAINLY should qualify for the latter with your diagnosis.

Again Boomer it takes 5 months to receive your first SSDI check after approval,I have checked ! also MGH just sent an email to patients letting us know that getting this stuff filled out isn’t happening very quickly & that a lot of normal hospital stuff won’t be happening for awhile. Covid surge time here 😢

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Again Boomer it takes 5 months to receive your first SSDI check after approval,I have checked ! also MGH just sent an email to patients letting us know that getting this stuff filled out isn’t happening very quickly & that a lot of normal hospital stuff won’t be happening for awhile. Covid surge time here 😢
A survey of Boston poop shows that covid seems to be declining. So maybe only another couple weeks of chaos.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Happy birthday! Already mentioned but a favorite dish of food is not a terrible way to celebrate. Or just a less healthy meal you like but don't usually eat because it's less healthy

Instead of hookers and blow, how about gigolos and meth?
Glad to see ATOT coming up with viable alternative s

Reactions: Muse and Geekbabe