I voted for McCain

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
Originally posted by: brencat
Originally posted by: bozack
Voted against Obama and for McCain, would have preferred Romney
+1

Or at the very minimum, Romney as VP to give economic-issue credibility. Because when the sh!t hit the fan 2 months ago, McCain was caught with his pants down.

True. I don't believe this whole ' the base would not have turned out ' if he didn't pick Palin. The base was going to vote regardless. I think if he picked Romney, he wins. I have 4-5 friends that are fairly independent who said that when McCain picked Palin, and stopped being the McCain of 2000, he lost their vote. I don't want to generalize too much, but Romney would have been good for a large chunk of the independent vote. Its the I vote that determines elections.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: GTKeeper
Originally posted by: brencat
Originally posted by: bozack
Voted against Obama and for McCain, would have preferred Romney
+1

Or at the very minimum, Romney as VP to give economic-issue credibility. Because when the sh!t hit the fan 2 months ago, McCain was caught with his pants down.

True. I don't believe this whole ' the base would not have turned out ' if he didn't pick Palin. The base was going to vote regardless. I think if he picked Romney, he wins. I have 4-5 friends that are fairly independent who said that when McCain picked Palin, and stopped being the McCain of 2000, he lost their vote. I don't want to generalize too much, but Romney would have been good for a large chunk of the independent vote. Its the I vote that determines elections.

cad was saying in the other thread that the base didn't turn out even with palin, so i guess they should have gone Romney to at least get some moderates.

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: tealk
Lord they know not what they say. Forgive them. Amen

We abolished slavery. It was a great thing.
We changed so that people can vote regardless of race. It was a great thing.
We changed so that people can vote regardless of sex. It was a great thing.

Mark my words you worthless bigot. It is only a matter of time before all Gays can both get married and adopt children all across this country. Your god was not able to stop Obama from becoming president. He/She/It will not stop gays from achieving equal rights. You keep telling yourself that it is all apart of his master plan though. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You are absolutely correct that day will come, and has already started. For it's been written, and will become.

Your right God will not stop it. Why would God not stop it if it's so wrong? I cannot tell you, you can only find out why. Because I am not meant to know what that answer is. But some of you are meant to find out. And find out you will forevermore. I pray you don't come to that fate.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

So much for being humble. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. A lot of Christians seem to forget that one.

I can't help but think what would Jesus do if he were in your shoes on this forum. I seriously doubt he would take the low road as you have. I will pray for you tonight and for those you have affected on this forum with your poor attitude.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005

We abolished slavery. It was a great thing.
We changed so that people can vote regardless of race. It was a great thing.
We changed so that people can vote regardless of sex. It was a great thing.

Mark my words you worthless bigot. It is only a matter of time before all Gays can both get married and adopt children all across this country. Your god was not able to stop Obama from becoming president. He/She/It will not stop gays from achieving equal rights. You keep telling yourself that it is all apart of his master plan though. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You are absolutely correct that day will come, and has already started. For it's been written, and will become.

Your right God will not stop it. Why would God not stop it if it's so wrong? I cannot tell you, you can only find out why. Because I am not meant to know what that answer is. But some of you are meant to find out. And find out you will forevermore. I pray you don't come to that fate.

Serious Question. Do you own a church? If so, can you please stop using P&N as it if were a church you owned?

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Still going to pray for ya! Jssus still loves you!

Well I am still going to pray for you and the people you are affecting in a negative way on these forums. Jesus loves you more.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
My heart was broken this morning. Not because Obama was elected president, but of the way ?Christians? are reacting to the news. God?s word calls us to lift up our leaders ? regardless of their political race.
I was praying on the way to work this morning ? praying for our new president-to-be and America. When I was done, I turned on the radio to a local Christian radio station and just listened to what was being said. The radio hosts ? bless their hearts - were doing their best to remind us as Christians what we are called to. We are called to simply trust in the Lord. I began to sob in the car and I really don?t even know why. I?ve never been this emotional about politics before. But I truly believe the Lord was breaking my heart. The radio hosts were talking about how some of their closest ?Christian? friends are being so terribly bitter and angry toward the results of the election. My heart broke! A woman called into the show and expressed that she had voted for McCain and how terribly sad she was that America had lost sight of what really matters on issues such as human life, marriage, and stem cell research.
I don?t think I really grasped what America has come to until this morning. Aaron and I were talking a couple weeks ago about how it seems that American?s ? especially the younger generation ? think ?it?s cool? to be liberal and forget about everything this country was founded on.
Again, I am not upset that Obama was elected president. I vow, as a Christian, to pray for him as I would any president. The thing that saddens me is how ?Christians? are reacting, and how Americans just don?t seem to care about moral issues. I think that?s why I was sobbing on the way to work today. I truly believe the Lord was breaking my heart and reminding me more than ever, that in today?s world, it?s time to be BOLD and to stand for what is right!
The radio host said something that I want to send out to all of you. He said, ?America may have a new president, and he may not stand for the issues we as Christians stand for, but we still have a King! And He is seated at the right hand of God!? Amen!
Please join me in lifting up in prayer our country, and our new president, Barack Obama, remembering the Lord is still in control!

You talk as if Christian morals and the only morals that are right for everyone. Americans care a whole lot about moral issues. They are just fed up with socially conservative moral issues. Your "morals" are why my child may not have insurance in a few months thanks to bullshit amendments like amendment 2 in FL and amendment 8 in Cali. Stuff like that is why evangelicals are losing. Your time is coming to an end. Shape up or ship out.

If you want to believe and follow your sets of morals then please do, but keep them the hell out of my family and our government. You wouldn't like it if I imposed mine on to you from a legal government stand point. Why do you feel that it is your right to do that to me? Don't you believe in equal rights and liberties for all Americans?

i agree with Xav and also this post needs a responce

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
No he does not love me more then anyone...loves us all equally...everyone, gay, straight, criminal, good, bad...doesn't matter.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
My heart was broken this morning. Not because Obama was elected president, but of the way ?Christians? are reacting to the news. God?s word calls us to lift up our leaders ? regardless of their political race.
I was praying on the way to work this morning ? praying for our new president-to-be and America. When I was done, I turned on the radio to a local Christian radio station and just listened to what was being said. The radio hosts ? bless their hearts - were doing their best to remind us as Christians what we are called to. We are called to simply trust in the Lord. I began to sob in the car and I really don?t even know why. I?ve never been this emotional about politics before. But I truly believe the Lord was breaking my heart. The radio hosts were talking about how some of their closest ?Christian? friends are being so terribly bitter and angry toward the results of the election. My heart broke! A woman called into the show and expressed that she had voted for McCain and how terribly sad she was that America had lost sight of what really matters on issues such as human life, marriage, and stem cell research.
I don?t think I really grasped what America has come to until this morning. Aaron and I were talking a couple weeks ago about how it seems that American?s ? especially the younger generation ? think ?it?s cool? to be liberal and forget about everything this country was founded on.
Again, I am not upset that Obama was elected president. I vow, as a Christian, to pray for him as I would any president. The thing that saddens me is how ?Christians? are reacting, and how Americans just don?t seem to care about moral issues. I think that?s why I was sobbing on the way to work today. I truly believe the Lord was breaking my heart and reminding me more than ever, that in today?s world, it?s time to be BOLD and to stand for what is right!
The radio host said something that I want to send out to all of you. He said, ?America may have a new president, and he may not stand for the issues we as Christians stand for, but we still have a King! And He is seated at the right hand of God!? Amen!
Please join me in lifting up in prayer our country, and our new president, Barack Obama, remembering the Lord is still in control!

You talk as if Christian morals and the only morals that are right for everyone. Americans care a whole lot about moral issues. They are just fed up with socially conservative moral issues. Your "morals" are why my child may not have insurance in a few months thanks to bullshit amendments like amendment 2 in FL and amendment 8 in Cali. Stuff like that is why evangelicals are losing. Your time is coming to an end. Shape up or ship out.

If you want to believe and follow your sets of morals then please do, but keep them the hell out of my family and our government. You wouldn't like it if I imposed mine on to you from a legal government stand point. Why do you feel that it is your right to do that to me? Don't you believe in equal rights and liberties for all Americans?

i agree with Xav and also this post needs a responce

Why would he respond? He is obv a troll making fun of Christian beliefs. Why would a Christian say the things he has said without any response and run off? Classic troll behavior. He doesn't want to teach people love like Christ did, he wants to promote hate and anger. He succeeded IMO.

Dec 26, 2007
+1 McCain because I did NOT want a D congress and president. I don't like single party politics ever.

That being said, I now fully back Obama even though I don't agree with him on a lot of topics. I sincerely hope he is able to bring about the change our country drastically needs. He has the power to be able to do that, now I hope he is up to the task. The next 4 years will be interesting for sure, and heres to them redefining our country from the past presidency into something better. :wine:

Congrats Obama, now the balls in your court to deliver on your promises please don't let us down.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Do me a favor. Call God for me and ask him to provide my child with insurance. Obviously no one else in your churches in FL thinks that he should have any through my provider.

Xavier... you're not even married yet and if I remember correctly, your girlfriend was a single mother when you met her. Your words seem rather awkward based on this. I don't know what the proposition in Florida is that you're talking about and I have no qualms with you treating your girlfriend's child as your own, but until you're married and have adopted the child, it isn't yours technically >_>.

I do think that religious people inserting their beliefs into the law is wrong though and is one of the things I'm against 100% (unless their belief is parallel to what is right in that specific case). That's why I refused to vote for McCain (because of Palin's religious demeanor and overall inability to be more than a "women, vote for me" poster board).

cganesh75

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Super Moderator
Oct 8, 2005
whatever happened to separation of church and state?

cganesh75

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Super Moderator
Oct 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Do me a favor. Call God for me and ask him to provide my child with insurance. Obviously no one else in your churches in FL thinks that he should have any through my provider.

Xavier... you're not even married yet and if I remember correctly, your girlfriend was a single mother when you met her. Your words seem rather awkward based on this. I don't know what the proposition in Florida is that you're talking about and I have no qualms with you treating your girlfriend's child as your own, but until you're married and have adopted the child, it isn't yours technically >_>.

I do think that religious people inserting their beliefs into the law is wrong though and is one of the things I'm against 100% (unless their belief is parallel to what is right in that specific case). That's why I refused to vote for McCain (because of Palin's religious demeanor and overall inability to be more than a "women, vote for me" poster board).

in florida proposition that passed yesterday is that marriage is between only 1 man and 1 woman.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
I voted for McCain, but,. like the OP said, I've never seen someone like Obama move so many people. I can only hope he can inspire Americans to work harder together and not have someone else bail us out for us. I didn't like the reasons why Obama came to power (desperation, "dark" times, some "change" agenda, a promise for better times ahead...sounds to me like an agenda hitler put together so he can get power..not that Obama is hitler; FAR from it). I am hopeful that Obama can unite the nation and make it the world leader again in science and technology, and in a bigot-free society.

I will vote for him again if he puts restrictions on unions, lifts the stupid bans on gay marraige, goes along with Mccain's plans of Amnesty, and puts more money into NASA and other NSF-sponsored science programs.

dontknow1

Aug 6, 2005

If you want to believe and follow your sets of morals then please do, but keep them the hell out of my family and our government. You wouldn't like it if I imposed mine on to you from a legal government stand point. Why do you feel that it is your right to do that to me? Don't you believe in equal rights and liberties for all Americans?[/quote]

What do morals have to do with your childs insurance??

mor·al /'m?r?l, 'm?r-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA Pronunciation

?adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations

It is your responsibility to provide insurance for your child,

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Oh, come down off of your cross, you're not Jesus Christ, you're just a pompous, religiously blinded twit.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: dontknow1
What do morals have to do with your childs insurance??

It is your responsibility to provide insurance for your child,

Read up on Amendment 2 in FL and then start reading about what has happened in other states which adopted that kind of language. The amendment passed strictly due to evangelical morals against the gay community. The amendment itself leaves both gays and domestic partners (like my girlfriend and I) in a position where our ability to obtain insurance through my place of work (school district) will be in great danger. Currently, there is language in my school district's policies which state that I can put both my girlfriend and stepchild as dependents to get insurance (that I both work for and pay for) because my girlfriend and I are domestic partners. History has shown that once amendments such as amendment 2 in FL pass that decisions are soon to follow which lead toward the removal of domestic partner rights and liberties. It is not a guarantee at this point, but it is now highly vulnerable unless FL some how becomes a magical exception which it is by no means the type of state to follow that path as history has proven.

Does this mean I cannot replace their current insurance plan with another one? No it doesn't mean that....but I sure as hell cannot afford it! Not unless Obama's healthcare plan offers a suitable replacement. At the end of the day, only time will tell but the point is that the ONLY reason this is a potential threat at all is to provide bigot evangelical pieces of shit some kind of peace of mind that gays can no longer marry and that will some how protect the children. I want to know whose children are being protected exactly because it sure as hell isn't my stepson whom I have been raising since he was 1 years old.

Originally posted by: Aikouka

The child is the responsibility of his family. I am the head of his family. Therefore, I am in charge of him and am very much responsible for him. His mother is obviously more responsible according to the law, but not according to my family. His mother cannot afford to provide him with health insurance let alone insurance for herself without my help.

Hey! But that's ok right? It's not like I have to worry because now I can just take him to the emergency room which costs the people of America a shit ton more than it would if they continue to allow me to insure him through my employer or through something like Obama's future healthcare plan.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Obama won....so you shouldn't be worried anymore, right?

Hopefully. I have a lot of confidence in Obama, but I don't count my chickens until they hatch and I most certainly will not just sit around doing and saying nothing as I wait for them to hatch knowing that my family's insurance is currently at risk. What responsible member of any family would do that?

LS8

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Perknose

Oh, come down off of your cross, you're not Jesus Christ, you're just a pompous, religiously blinded twit.

Are you talking about tealk or Obama? :laugh: :laugh: