I thought they were dead. I thought they were gone for good. I WAS WRONG!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

technophile82

Jun 5, 2005
theres a few occupied paper wasp nests in the backyard of my work, which i occasionally tamper with when im bored. fortunately, the paper wasps arent very aggressive, and usually stay within a close radius to the nest.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
We use dish soap and water in a spray bottle down here for wasps and mud daubers. Gums their wings up so they can't fly, then you can smash 'em at your leisure.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
Bees can't sting you twice, nor should the one who attached you be called a "he," since it was a "she" that attacked you.

:p

The next time I'm swatting a swarm of them off me, I'll try to keep track of the ones that have already stung.

;)

Bees disembowel themselves when they sting you, so you'll know them by the carcasses they leave behind. Wasps, on the other hand, can and will sting you repeatedly, with great joy and enthusiasm.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We have lots of wasps here...bazillions of the fuckers...and they do take an evil pleasure in stinging the hell out of you...

Fortunately, the "long-range nuk-u-leer bomb" spray does a good job on nests and flying invaders as well...

They built a nest under the lid in my Weber gas grill...I took an extra-special pleasure in lighting the grill when I found that one...

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
I've been here way too long. I remember the original story. Good followup. :thumbsup:

Need more Ned stories. Now. Start a newsletter. :D