I think we should take a moment and look at what was really promised to us:

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I'm bummed sm625 didn't bother with a follow-up. I was hoping to hear how we'll all be forced en masse to be monitored and microchipped within 5 years.

I'm just glad that most here are logical. I don't agree with a lot of people but I appreciate the intelligent conversation.

Come into the new testament thread. Some norseamd guy is losing his mind and we are all ignoring him. Its good fun.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Health care needed reforming for a while now. It was in a death spiral. Costs were far outpacing inflation, businesses dropping coverage, and numbers of uninsured growing.
GOP did nothing, Clinton wanted to do something, but couldn't get it done. Obama got
the ball rolling on reforming it. Kudos to him.
Fixing big problems is messy, and easiest thing to do is try to score political points during the transition period.
If that's the party GOP wants to be, do nothing except bash others for doing something, more power to them. Democrats will work through the problems and shape the future while the GOP will leave nothing but a legacy of whining about ultimately successful programs.
http://bloom.bg/JfiLvz
Bill Frist, not a lefty, but the last GOP Senate Majority leader, says that 70% of Obamacare is pretty good, 30% needs to be fixed.
That 30% he doesn't like are primarily things like ratios between what sickest and healthiest pay. Frist thinks those should be at 5:1 instead of 3:1. Also, he thinks the plans are too comprehensive, and more things should be out of pocket. These are fine tuning knobs, not structural problems.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
This thread is derailed. We are now discussing crazy people.

I'd recommend one of the other ACA threads if you want serious debate.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
I'm bummed sm625 didn't bother with a follow-up. I was hoping to hear how we'll all be forced en masse to be monitored and microchipped within 5 years.

That's the way you're supposed to do it. Walk in, drop a grenade, walk out.

People used to be good at trolling.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
That's the way you're supposed to do it. Walk in, drop a grenade, walk out.

People used to be good at trolling.

I have to admit. .. He did it right. I spent a solid hour searching for the speech, then unedited text of the speech, reading the whole thing a few times to find what to highlight, finding words that would be fitting but not too harsh...then first reply he drops that egg.

Lil bastard got me.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
The UN Security Council is NOT a foreign state... the UN is not a king or prince... therefore, article 1 section 9 is NOT in effect.

""No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state""

The sentiment you express is why we end up with the Constitution in rags, our rights rapidly going away each day.

It is very clear here that the constitution prohibits US political or administrative office holders from also holding a title from a foreign power. I would count the UN as a foreign power, even if they are not a "king", "prince" or "foreign state".

The obvious reason is to prevent a conflict of interest with those who have power of the USA.

By re-interpreting and circumventing both the spirit and letter of the law to achieve some short term objective, the core of the constitution falls apart and leads to where we are now. Mass surveillance, shoot first ask later cops, and those in power being immune from criminal prosecution in most cases.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011

Are you serious? Why would we need to be microchipped when we carry a control and monitoring tether around with us wherever we go? It is called a "smartphone" in case you are obtuse.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Are you serious? Why would we need to be microchipped when we carry a control and monitoring tether around with us wherever we go? It is called a "smartphone" in case you are obtuse.

Now that is what I call a delayed response...

Posted from my "smartphone":awe:

Feb 4, 2009
Me too he kind of grew on me

I still don't understand why talking about a 50 gallon drum of lube would get you banned.