I think i'm allergic to peanuts

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Whenever I eat them my mouth feels like it's swollen, and it hurts and my tongue swells up.

stupid peanuts

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
i dunno about pb... haven't had any in a long time

actually i had some pb crackers and was fine

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
hmm, did the peanuts you ate have salty stuff, oil, or the skins on them? you might be alergic to one of those instead of the peanut oil in the nut itself.

nater

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
you better hope you're not allergic to peanuts, at least not severely allergic. It can get pretty serious. One of the school systems in my county had to completely get rid of all peanut-related food items because one student was allergic...no snickers in the vending machines, no peanut butter cookies at lunch, etc.

AmericasTeam

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Whenever I eat them my mouth feels like it's swollen, and it hurts and my tongue swells up.

stupid peanuts

This thread would be funny if you changed 'peanuts' to just 'nuts'.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
My brother is very allergic to peanuts. Well he used to be allergic to lots of stuff and he grew out of most of it, but peanuts was one of the worst. He hasn't tried anything with peanuts for a long time because we don't really know how bad it still is and don't want to risk it.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Umm, don't eat them?

I'd like to see you try

It's actually very hard to avoid eating them. You have no idea how much stuff has peanuts in it until you have to watch out for them.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: rpc64
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Umm, don't eat them?

I'd like to see you try

It's actually very hard to avoid eating them. You have no idea how much stuff has peanuts in it until you have to watch out for them.

Most of my favorite snacks