I think Biden is toast in a general election because..

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Google creepy joe and go to videos
Especially the ones by the Russians on how to counter charges against the Pussy Grabber in Chief. Democrats deserve to lose elections while claiming Republicans are so brain dead they will believe anything.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Great, now two more people with a brain between their ears will be required to voted for a Democrat to cancel the damage done by you two imbeciles.
You're assuming I won't vote for the Democratic ticket like I have ever since I became eligible to vote.
Unlike you perhaps I'm tired of candidates who are too middle of the road to beat a liar clown because of the shitty primary practices of bought politicians.
But hey Maybe Biden is your kind of dude.

He's better than Trump at least (which is a fucking low bar) and I believe he would have beaten Trump in 2016. Guess what? Warren would have too and she should have run that year.
But keep on making dumb AF assumptions Moonbro

_____

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You're assuming I won't vote for the Democratic ticket like I have ever since I became eligible to vote.
Unlike you perhaps I'm tired of candidates who are too middle of the road to beat a liar clown because of the shitty primary practices of bought politicians.
But hey Maybe Biden is your kind of dude.

He's better than Trump at least (which is a fucking low bar) and I believe he would have beaten Trump in 2016. Guess what? Warren would have too and she should have run that year.
But keep on making dumb AF assumptions Moonbro _____
I can't imagine why I would assume you weren't voting for a Democrat when you congratulated somebody else for saying they wouldn't.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've stated my opinion of Trump and women. How about stay on topic and address that Biden has a history of creepy behavior with women? Or are you still going to defend him?
Being too touchy feely isn't a disqualifier for POTUS. Just like dying your skin bright orange isn't a disqualifier.

Reactions: feralkid

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Yeah the dem version of that..

It was one thing when Obama said his grandmother said shit that made him wince but he knew she loved him.. but I don't think Biden can pull it off..
Do you think Trump said that some Nazis are "very fine people?" He didn't.

Trump: "... And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

I really really hate Trump, but it's not because of statements he never actually said or were deliberately misrepresented out of context. No. There are PLENTY of other reasons to hate him.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Trump: "... And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

I really really hate Trump, but it's not because of statements he never actually said or were deliberately misrepresented out of context. No. There are PLENTY of other reasons to hate him.

Agreed.. though I don't hate him.. I just hate his fan club. They're more fucked up than he is.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

But he's saying there are 'fine people' among those who voluntarily went along to a neo-nazi racist rally and stuck around to be on the same side as neo-Nazis? And then drawing a bogus equivalence with the vastly more disparate 'other side' becuase there were a few antifas among them who quite wanted a fight? Nah, that's not much better than the caricature version of Trump's remark that you are disputing.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Whatever you say chief. As of now, there's no one on either side i personally would vote for.

Bothsides the shit out of it. It seems highly unlikely that any Dem contender would deliver the kind of dangerous & destructive national disgrace we have in Trump.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
But he's saying there are 'fine people' among those who voluntarily went along to a neo-nazi racist rally and stuck around to be on the same side as neo-Nazis? And then drawing a bogus equivalence with the vastly more disparate 'other side' becuase there were a few antifas among them who quite wanted a fight? Nah, that's not much better than the caricature version of Trump's remark that you are disputing.
Stop that. You're deliberately deluding yourself.

He said there are fine people on both sides of the debate about keeping or taking-down a statue that some believe to be historically significant. He was extremely clear about that.

Shame on you.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Bothsides the shit out of it. It seems highly unlikely that any Dem contender would deliver the kind of dangerous & destructive national disgrace we have in Trump.

Perhaps. I dont know about you, but I do not vote against candidates, I vote for them. Ive never felt the need to jump on the "Anyone but <insert name here>" train. Thats just stupid voting.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
This thread is about the handsy creepy fuck Joe Biden. Now who's playing both sides?

Because you're in no position to complain about someone being overly touchy-feely in a non-sexual way if you support Trump. You know, the man who has bragged about sexual assault, has 15 women accusing him of sexual assault, and has implied numerous times that he'd like to bang his daughter.

So what's it going to be? Will you be internally consistent and permanently reject Trump, or be a hypocrite and endorse sexual assault so long as it's committed by someone on your side?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Trump's characterization of the Unite the Right participants in Charlottesville is an outright lie-

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/26/18517980/trump-unite-the-right-racism-defense-charlottesville

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Perhaps. I dont know about you, but I do not vote against candidates, I vote for them. Ive never felt the need to jump on the "Anyone but <insert name here>" train. Thats just stupid voting.
Once you define a course of action as stupid you can stop thinking. If you were to think you would see it's not stupid at all. In fact it's a logical imperative.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Because you're in no position to complain about someone being overly touchy-feely in a non-sexual way if you support Trump. You know, the man who has bragged about sexual assault, has 15 women accusing him of sexual assault, and has implied numerous times that he'd like to bang his daughter.

So what's it going to be? Will you be internally consistent and permanently reject Trump, or be a hypocrite and endorse sexual assault so long as it's committed by someone on your side?

It is possible to support a candidate on some areas but not others. I disagree with Trump's attitude towards women (and have stated so) and have simply voiced my similar opinion on Biden's actions. Has nothing to do with "my guy".

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Agreed, I'm not sure why reasonable people with gripes about statues would flock to a white supremacist rally with a bunch of white supremacist speakers scheduled. The posters for it looked like they were ripped off from 1930's Germany.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I can't imagine why I would assume you weren't voting for a Democrat when you congratulated somebody else for saying they wouldn't.

Facetiousness/sarcasm is hard to translate in posts I guess. that is somethingI tend to forget.
but given the kind of less than civil tone in the last few exchanges an observer might see it. /shrug

*e2a*
If Biden takes the nomination to run in the 2020 general that will just mean as in 2016 I'll have a handle of liquor waiting for me when "Voting Day" is over to help me deal with the realization that we didn't get the best choice to go against Trump... again.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
It is possible to support a candidate on some areas but not others. I disagree with Trump's attitude towards women (and have stated so) and have simply voiced my similar opinion on Biden's actions. Has nothing to do with "my guy".

Yes it is very possible - and probably is for most candidates, but the question ultimately when it comes to Trump is do you support humanitarians or hate mongers, because the man is a hate monger. He doesn't even try to hide it. This was well known even before he was running for president. He is not the person anyone should aspire to be or look up to, let alone run a country.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
But only one of those should be disqualifying for office IMO. Assault vs making some women feel uncomfortable.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The more I hear from Biden the more I wonder how the hell he was Obama's running mate.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

That still means you believe sexual assault isn't a deal-breaker for a President. Think about how morally repugnant that is.