I submit John McCain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I don't think anyone has clobbered Obama for anything like that.

McCain misspoke, that's all. It won't get any traction because it shouldn't.

You can make fun of him if you've never done it.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Obama said his parents got together because of the 1965 incident in Selma Alabama.

Obama was born in 1961.

Is Obama stupid and clueless about history, or did he just misspeak?

I think maybe he just made a mistake.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: LTC8K6
Obama said his parents got together because of the 1965 incident in Selma Alabama.

Obama was born in 1961.

Preview of the general election:

Obama: McCain confused Sunni and Shi'ite for a second and had to be corrected!
McCain: His pastor of 20 years hates whites and america.

:)

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: sirjonk

Obama was born in 1961.

Preview of the general election:

Obama: McCain confused Sunni and Shi'ite SEVERAL TIMES during SEVERAL DAYS and had to be corrected!
McCain: His pastor of 20 years hates whites and america.

:)

*fixed* and ....

Both will be facing far different issues by the time voting comes around :)

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
See my sig :)

unfortunately at that point bush was talking a bigger game than he was willing to play. had we gone in there correctly it would have been done with quickly, and there wouldn't be house to house fighting. unfortunately the sissies in this country see people who harbor the bad guys as inappropriate collateral damage instead of targets of opportunity, and here we are, four years later. it's a shame that in 2008 we have the technology to safely level a square block and yet we're still plinking away with pistols and rifles.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

Obama was born in 1961.

""The march to which Obama was referring was not one of the famous MLK Selma marches, which did indeed begin in 1965, but rather, the march by some women (as he specifically mentions) who boycotted the bus in Selma. It took place in 1955"

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=26628

Not giving the final word on this.. to lazy to delve deeper.. but seeing as you posted no link at all to your claim, I think I'm ok.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: KlokWyze
invading more countries to stop terrorism will DEFINITELY stop terror from occurring!

it does give the bombers closer targets to attack, unfortunately those targets are our troops.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
""The march to which Obama was referring was not one of the famous MLK Selma marches, which did indeed begin in 1965, but rather, the march by some women (as he specifically mentions) who boycotted the bus in Selma. It took place in 1955"

His campaign already explained his error. They made no mention of any other march. He made a mistake, just like John McCain did.

Obama was born in 1961, four years before the march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge. But spokesman Bill Burton said Obama was ?speaking metaphorically about the civil rights movement as a whole.?

http://hotair.com/archives/200...ern-accents-for-selma/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...rss&ctrack=1&cset=true

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Sorry LTC8K6, your attempt to spin this all as a "non-event" ain't workin.

You're voting for McCain - we get it.

Ah, he corrected himself because Joe Lieberman pulled him away from the mike and whispered the correct information into his ear. If you saw the press conference it was painfully clear that McCain didn't have a clue. And that was the third time in as many days he made the same misstatement of basic fact relevant to this war.

It's pretty safe to say that if Obama did this it would be trumpeted far and wide as proof positive of his inexperience. As for McCain, I think it is proof positive that he, like his spiritual predecessor GWB, lacks a basic understanding of what the Iraq conflict really is. Instead they rely on rah-rah slogans and false patriotism. .

Well said.

Either LTC8K6 didn't see the conference, or is blatantly trying to run damage control for the nominee of his choice. Good chance it's both.

Ahhh GWB, the taint that keeps on givin...;)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
it's a shame that in 2008 we have the technology to safely level a square block and yet we're still plinking away with pistols and rifles.

I think it's a shame you obviously don't have the faintest idea what "blow back" is.

Tell me, do you use a 12lb sledge to kill mosquitoes, or do you simply smack them with your hand?

Leave the tactics to the pros, SunTzu... :roll:

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
You're voting for McCain - we get it.

I don't give a darn who you think I'm voting for or what you think you "get".

If you read my posts you'll see that I've been fair to Obama.

The premise of this thread was that McCain was somehow stupid for making a mistake during an interview. I pointed out that Obama does the same thing from time to time.

How can you attack McCain for a mistake, but give Obama a pass on the same sort of mistake?

It makes no sense.

People misspeak, it doesn't mean anything except that they are human and they make errors.

If Obama had an advisor, that advisor might have leaned to him and told him to clarify his WW2 gaffe. Such an advisor might have helped Obama several times of late, in fact.

You say Obama doesn't need anyone to help him out?

Okay by me, but I think events of late indicate that Obama needs help with what he says to the country.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I didn't say that McCain corrected himself anyway!

Powerline made that claim, not me.