I see a lot of smack being talked by the youngsters in here....but do you vote?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: ManSnake
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Bleep
BTW - We(iowa) just got done telling dean to "Go!"
You attended the democratic voting and voted as a democrat. If not your statement is a LIE.

Bleep
rolleye.gif

No it's not a lie. We(iowa) - means Iowans. Even though I attended the Republican caucus - we still told dean to go(away), but not with a vote perse.

CkG

With only 7 electoral votes, Iowa is irrelevant. Haven't you learned from Election 00 already? Even Wisconsin, with its 10 electoral votes, was deemed by experts as being irrelevant in winning the presidency. Only Florida matters!!!

Actually it really isn't irrelevant.:) We got rid of Gephardt for everyone(ofcourse he'd likely lose wherever the first caucus/primary was). I'm starting to get the vibe around here that Bush might actually win here in Iowa. Here in Polk county he only lost by 4100 votes and this county is full of democrats. Now obviously it depends on who the dem nom is but Bush at this point seems to have a solid base of support here. Our local caucus was PACKED -which was awesome to see on an "off year".

CkG

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
CAD:

The Democratic caucuses were packed as well. I haven't heard yet whether the turnout was a record, but it was close. I think the war has split the country into two groups with very strong views. This coming election may well be a barn burner. But, query, how could it beat the 2000 election for excitement? No chance, principally because Bush is going to win handily unless something turns the independents around.

-Robert

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: chess9
CAD:

The Democratic caucuses were packed as well. I haven't heard yet whether the turnout was a record, but it was close. I think the war has split the country into two groups with very strong views. This coming election may well be a barn burner. But, query, how could it beat the 2000 election for excitement? No chance, principally because Bush is going to win handily unless something turns the independents around.

-Robert

Yeah, turnout was reported to be close to the record, if not breaking it. Good for them:) I got to meet Frist, and talk with Grassley - I'm happy with the caucus I attended:D

CkG

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Dissipate
Originally posted by: C'DaleRider

It seems, at least to me, that the groups of people who seem to complain the most, the young people, do little to remedy the situation. They bleat about this and that being unfair, unjust, etc., etc., yet they don't turn out to vote.

Well, the problem is not only do young people not vote but they are totally farking clueless. Young people today are being fleeced left and right by legislation that gurantees old people huge social security and drug benefits for decades. Yet they don't even realize it or even care about it. They are too busy watching Carson Daly on TRL or text messaging their friends about what to wear to the prom.

Then they'll inherit a country in a heck of a mess, and deserve it. A democracy requires responsibility (a bad word in today's society), and if everyone's going to demand a voice in gov't, then they better realize they need to pay attention as well. Otherwise, don't whine when Grandma votes herself a bunch of benefits, and sticks you kids with the bill.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We should eat the old.

1) Define the limit to become Old.
2) Roughly how old are you?
3) Do you wish to increase the definition for old as you approach that limit.

4) And most of all, are you too tough to chew on ;) so you do not have to worry about it?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Originally posted by: daniel1113
I have voted in every election possible.

I thought you were 12?

Well, we all know that you believe many things that aren't true. I'll just add this one to the list.

Feb 3, 2001
Well, at 29 I've been at voting since 1993, and I vote in everything legally allowable and encourage others to vote as well.

I look at it this way: If you aren't willing to take the time to vote for your cause/candidate in an effort to change the course of events, you've got no right to bitch about the world when it goes to hell in a handbasket.

Jason