I ran a stop school bus stop sign today, YIKES!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Lithium381
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
You're fvcked.

That's six points up here.

The only other thing you can do to get six points is street racing.

- M4H

yep, basically you put the lives of 100's of kids at danger due to your negligence!
To be fair, he probably couldn't have hit more than 10 unless he came back for a second pass.

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
You could have killed a little kid crossing the street to get home! you bastard.. you deserve whatever you get. hope its time in a "Pound Me In The Ass" prison. Good luck sweet boi!

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: bR
DMV California

:Q

When you come upon a school bus stopped on either side of the road with flashing red lights, you must stop. The flashing red lights are located at the top front and top back of the bus. Schoolchildren will be crossing the road to or from the school bus. Remain stopped as long as the red lights are flashing. Failure to do so is a violation of VC §22454. You may be fined up to $1000 and your driving privilege could be suspended for a period of one year.

You need not stop if the bus is on the other side of a divided or a multilane (two or more traffic lanes in each direction) highway.

I just want to add. in NY even if you're on a highway even if it has a 20' high fence in the median if a bus on the other side of the road turns on it's lights to stop you do need to stop for it.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: SaintGRW
Originally posted by: bR
DMV California

:Q

When you come upon a school bus stopped on either side of the road with flashing red lights, you must stop. The flashing red lights are located at the top front and top back of the bus. Schoolchildren will be crossing the road to or from the school bus. Remain stopped as long as the red lights are flashing. Failure to do so is a violation of VC §22454. You may be fined up to $1000 and your driving privilege could be suspended for a period of one year.

You need not stop if the bus is on the other side of a divided or a multilane (two or more traffic lanes in each direction) highway.

I just want to add. in NY even if you're on a highway even if it has a 20' high fence in the median if a bus on the other side of the road turns on it's lights to stop you do need to stop for it.

No wonder you New Yorkers are always pissed. Your traffic laws suck. :p

- M4H

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: amcdonald
Originally posted by: Lithium381
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
You're fvcked.

That's six points up here.

The only other thing you can do to get six points is street racing.

- M4H

yep, basically you put the lives of 100's of kids at danger due to your negligence!
To be fair, he probably couldn't have hit more than 10 unless he came back for a second pass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funniest thing I've heard in weeks.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
a lawyer can always help...

my cousin was bragging that he was tailgating someone at ~70mph in a 25mph zone and he got 9 points for it...he hired a lawyer (i don't remember how much it cost him, but it was in the area of 1k-1.5k) and he got it lowered to no points and just a fine. I don't know how his record was before this either..

As for me, i've only been to court once (I was speeding in the rain, lost control in a corner and totalled my car)..got a "wreckless driving" violation (2 points I think). I talked to the prosecuter (had to wait in a 2 hour line), and because of my clean record I got the points taken away and only had to pay a $130 "no points" ticket :) My insurance didn't go up by much either ($2500/yr to $2600/yr ... NJ sucks).

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I feel sorry for you, but you really need to pay more attention when you're driving. How could you miss the flashing red lights and the stop sign sticking out the side of the bus?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Walk in to court with dark sun glasses and a cane. Tell the judge you did not see the stopped school bus because you are blind.

He will let you go, trust me.