I need few more adjustments for my new build

Vegapunk

Sep 21, 2018
If you are lazy to read, please skip the introduction part :)

*Introduction starts*

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help from more experienced people .

I'm building a new rig. It's probably gonna be for gaming only. I'm not really into AAA titles, e sports and mmorpg's are what I usually play. I have a 1080p 240hz monitor and I want to have enough fps for it and hopefully make it some future proof.

I live in Japan and parts are pricier here than US. I've found an interesting campaign and I'll need to order my parts in few days so I don't really have time. Fortunately, I've decided on most of the stuffs.

I probably won't need any overclock for now but I'm planning to use this Pc for at least 3 years so if you have any recommendations for better overclocking, I'll be glad to hear them.

*End of the introduction*

The parts I've decided so far are these

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XzZjq4

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Power Supply: Corsair - 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

My other option for Ram which costs 20$ cheaper : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wD...-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c19d-16gsxkb much faster but has a very high CL.

Originally I wanted to get Lian Li o11 dynamic with h100i pro AIO cooler but I decided to get an air cooler, and I can't get o11 air so I'm expecting some great recommendations on a case from you guys!!

Most importantly, as you must have noticed, this build doesn't have a Gpu included. The reason is, I'm going to wait until the 1080ti or Rtx series' price to drop. While I'm waiting for it, I'll be using the 1060 6GB that I already have.

Thanks for your help in advance !!!

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Well welcome to the Forum and I hope we can help you. The parts in the first list along with your 1060 6GB are perfectly fine for gaming and really don't need much more then that for e-sports and mmorpgs. I wouldn't bother with overclocking.

Feb 25, 2011
If you don't overclock (and you have no reason to, really) stock cooling is fine and any case will be adequate. Just get any case you think looks cool.