I need a multiplayer game to play for my bachelors party, any ideas?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Biscuit?

But seriously,
Ya, you should be going out for your bachelor party.
Not staying in playing video games. Can't you do that any night.
Go out, and it doesn't have to be with stripppers. But for gods sake.
Don't sit around all night and play video games.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
You are a shame to all married men worldwide.

hang your head low, you damn geek................. LOWER!

this could very well be the lamest thing I've ever heard

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I thought the whole point of a bachelor's party was to do that one thing one last time before you jump into a *!(**(!@&%COMMITTED**@$!*(&@$ relationship? This shouldn't be called a bachelor's party at all.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Maybe how all you guys with fvcked up value systems, or ignorant geeks who havnt even touched a girl believe that a bachelors party is about "getting out all those inhibitions" fvck that. I've done that sh*t for the last 6 years, Im done with it, hence getting married. I wouldn't want her oggling some naked guy and Ill be damned if i do the same to some slut for hire.

Grow up.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: dxkj
Maybe how all you guys with fvcked up value systems, or ignorant geeks who havnt even touched a girl believe that a bachelors party is about "getting out all those inhibitions" fvck that. I've done that sh*t for the last 6 years, Im done with it, hence getting married. I wouldn't want her oggling some naked guy and Ill be damned if i do the same to some slut for hire.

Grow up.
It's called tradition. I personally wouldn't want to have one but that's just me. If I get a party like this together, I sure wouldn't call it a "bachelor's party".

<-- getting married in t-minus 12 months.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Grow up.

Have the kind of party that suits you best.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71

Grow up.
It's called tradition. I personally wouldn't want to have one but that's just me. If I get a party like this together, I sure wouldn't call it a "bachelor's party".

<-- getting married in t-minus 12 months.

Its a bachelors party because we have 2 days till Im married and all my friends are together. It is named that because of tradition, whether or not I follow the same guidlines some of you have laid out.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
dxkj, more power to you. I love your bachelor party idea. It is exactly the type of party I would have. In fact, when my best friend got married we played a game of Paranoia (pen and paper role playing game). Your bachelor party sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Also, when a guy gets married, he may not have the freedom to run LAN games on weekends if his wife isn't a gamer. So this may well represent an activity that is fading from his life, or getting drastically reduced.

I skipped a bachelor party altogether (twice, even since I've been married twice) because I was afraid that some ass was going to pressure me into some situation that I prefered to avoid. Anyway, you may not want my approval, because I'm one of those dreadful geeks that don't fondle strippers the night before I get married.

But I've outgeeked you, I'll wager. I got married in the Comic Shop where my best friend worked and where we buy all of our D&D stuff and comics. For us it was the focal point of our friends and our hobbies. (For the record, I don't do live action role playing or Vampire. That's for geeks ;) ).

Izzo

May 30, 2003
dxkj, do whatever you want. fvck the others.

As for what game to play, you can't go wrong with unreal. If you guys are Star Wars fans, then Jedi Knight multiplayer is a blast.

LeStEr

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 1999
I would suggest some sort of fps.....people might lose interest with starcraft if they dont know how to play.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: LeStEr
I would suggest some sort of fps.....people might lose interest with starcraft if they dont know how to play.

And unless you want to pay for it or use illegal copies I'd recommend just downloading Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory as it's a free game anyway :p

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
I'd just like to say this again to make sure you caught it: Midnight Club II. The multiplayer in this game absolutely rocks. Team capture the flag is a great time. It's really fast paced, easy to pick up, and almost anyone would be able to compete. It's not like an FPS game where one person might be able to completely dominate. Pick up this game, you will not regret it.

I'm serious. You will have a great time playing this game. Buy it.