i need a few things explained to me

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Piano Man
Originally posted by: Genesys
what exactly is a neocon?

if youre not gay, why do you care so much about "gay rights"?

and since you care so much about "gay rights", why dont you also care for Iraqi freedom?

or to take it one step further, why dont you care for freedom of the oppressed around the world?

What is a neocon? You are.

I'm not gay, and I care about gays. I'm not a woman and I care about women. I'm not a dumbass neocon, but I even care about you. See my point?

I do care about the people of Iraq, and this administration doesn't.

I do care about the oppressed people around the world, and the includes the people of East Timor that we helped kill through military spending to Indonesia, the Kurds in Turkey that we've helped kill via military spending to the turkish government, and I care about both the palestinians and israelis, because they are both being oppressed by themselves. I care about the people of Africa who won't be getting US help for AIDS because of the stupid amendment that won't allow money to be distributed to clinics that also perform and consel for abortions. I care about everyone because I'm a humanitarian.

wow, out of all the posts i just read, this is the one i feel i have to reply to.

if going off of what some people said about neocons, then no im not. if going by the fact that neocons want a strong international influence, then i am definately not a neocon. i want the US to keep unto its own and worry about its own problems.

how can you say the administration doesnt care about the people of Iraq? do yo know what truly goes on in the hearts and minds of those people? youre just speculating like most liberals do.

im not gay, i dont have gay friends, but i do know gay people. i dont give a damn about "gay rights" because they have the same rights that are granted to the straight people by the constitution. all they want is the "right" to marry so they can get around insurance policies and inherit the property of their deceased partner. theyve already got America to tolerate them, they better stop before theres a big backlash because I [and many that I know] are becomeing increasingly irritated with gays and their "fight"

didnt AIDS originate in Africa?

oh, and for whomever askd the question about "whos this you?!" and "youre just flame baiting!" no, i was really wanting these things explained to me because my super ultra hyper hard nosed conservative mind couldnt grasp how a liberal can be in favor of helping some, but also in favor of withdrawing help from the "unworthy" so, when I used "you" it was a generic "you" meaning to all who read the statements, and they were obviously going along some broad generalizations, such as for you to be able to answer the 3rd question you hade to answer the 2nd question in a supportive manner.

and yes, i realize that none of you [or any liberals in the country] actually used the word unworthy to describe any country or any person [yet, but ted kennedy might someday soon!] so please dont post a billion replys about how im putting words into your mouths. its just the way im reading into a liberals argument.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
because you made a stupid statement and you should correct yourself from spreading misinformation.

What statement was stupid, and where did I post misinformation?

ITJunkie

Platinum Member
Apr 17, 2003
www.techange.com
Because I think we are once again being silly about someone being "different."
ah, but i believe that homosexuality is about going against the natural order of things, not about being different. you can choose to be gay, but you cannot choose to be black. so, its just a bit different than the CRM

Now ^this^ is a stupid statement. You may want to do a little more research on homosexuality being a "choice"....dumb ass!

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001

and since you care so much about "gay rights", why dont you also care for Iraqi freedom?

or to take it one step further, why dont you care for freedom of the oppressed around the world?

I'm not black, why would I care about slavery?
rolleye.gif

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Piano Man

What is a neocon? You are.

I'm not gay, and I care about gays. I'm not a woman and I care about women. I'm not a dumbass neocon, but I even care about you. See my point?

I do care about the people of Iraq, and this administration doesn't.

I do care about the oppressed people around the world, and the includes the people of East Timor that we helped kill through military spending to Indonesia, the Kurds in Turkey that we've helped kill via military spending to the turkish government, and I care about both the palestinians and israelis, because they are both being oppressed by themselves. I care about the people of Africa who won't be getting US help for AIDS because of the stupid amendment that won't allow money to be distributed to clinics that also perform and consel for abortions. I care about everyone because I'm a humanitarian.

wow, out of all the posts i just read, this is the one i feel i have to reply to.

if going off of what some people said about neocons, then no im not. if going by the fact that neocons want a strong international influence, then i am definately not a neocon. i want the US to keep unto its own and worry about its own problems.

how can you say the administration doesnt care about the people of Iraq? do yo know what truly goes on in the hearts and minds of those people? youre just speculating like most liberals do.

im not gay, i dont have gay friends, but i do know gay people. i dont give a damn about "gay rights" because they have the same rights that are granted to the straight people by the constitution. all they want is the "right" to marry so they can get around insurance policies and inherit the property of their deceased partner. theyve already got America to tolerate them, they better stop before theres a big backlash because I [and many that I know] are becomeing increasingly irritated with gays and their "fight"

didnt AIDS originate in Africa?

oh, and for whomever askd the question about "whos this you?!" and "youre just flame baiting!" no, i was really wanting these things explained to me because my super ultra hyper hard nosed conservative mind couldnt grasp how a liberal can be in favor of helping some, but also in favor of withdrawing help from the "unworthy" so, when I used "you" it was a generic "you" meaning to all who read the statements, and they were obviously going along some broad generalizations, such as for you to be able to answer the 3rd question you hade to answer the 2nd question in a supportive manner.

and yes, i realize that none of you [or any liberals in the country] actually used the word unworthy to describe any country or any person [yet, but ted kennedy might someday soon!] so please dont post a billion replys about how im putting words into your mouths. its just the way im reading into a liberals argument.
********Post Flamebait Content Rating***********

None---------------------------------------------@---100%

Impressive.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: ITJunkie
Because I think we are once again being silly about someone being "different."
ah, but i believe that homosexuality is about going against the natural order of things, not about being different. you can choose to be gay, but you cannot choose to be black. so, its just a bit different than the CRM

Now ^this^ is a stupid statement. You may want to do a little more research on homosexuality being a "choice"....dumb ass!

what about all the gay people that dont wanna be gay anymore? they go out and stop being gay, they get themselves a woman and live normal happy lives. tell me thats not a choice!

I'm not black, why would I care about slavery?

lets keep this an apples to apples discussion. im not talking about the oppression of an entire race of peoples, im talking about gay "rights" and no, gays are not being oppressed, i dont see them working in cotton fields for some white southern democrat, being whipped every night cause they didnt say "yes masser" the correct way. and slavery is morally wrong, just as homosexuality is.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
lets keep this an apples to apples discussion. im not talking about the oppression of an entire race of peoples, im talking about gay "rights" and no, gays are not being oppressed, i dont see them working in cotton fields for some white southern democrat, being whipped every night cause they didnt say "yes masser" the correct way. and slavery is morally wrong, just as homosexuality is.
-----------------------------
You are a bigot and you choose to be. Bigotry is morally wrong. Choose not to be.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
youve been brainwashed by liberals who go around preaching their tolerance crap.

why dont we stop being bigoted towords murderers, rapists, and theives? lets tolerate them like the normal functioning members of society they are. you dont have to tolerate everything is the point im trying to make.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
youve been brainwashed by liberals who go around preaching their tolerance crap.

why dont we stop being bigoted towords murderers, rapists, and theives? lets tolerate them like the normal functioning members of society they are. you dont have to tolerate everything is the point im trying to make.
Ah....we've now reached the point in this thread where the protagonist compares gay people to murderers. Someone please go ahead and use the word "nazi" in a subsequent post and the cycle will be complete.
rolleye.gif

I need to make a "Gay Flamebait Thread" template to save us all a lot of time in the future. I imagine it will look something like this.

Any Subject Vaguely Referring to Homosexuality

[*]Cite legal reference or precedent.

[*]Bring morality into the fray.

[*]Throw some religious references on the pile.

[*]Mention evolution.

[*]"Think of the children!"

[*]Gays = Murderers = Child Molesters = Traffic Scofflaws = Other Lawbreaker of Choice.

[*]Call someone a "NAZI!"

[*]Mods enter, thread locked. Repeat as necessary.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
i am in no way making a comparison of homsexuals to murderers. im just saying if youre going to tolerate homosexuals, why not just extend it to other morally objectionable practices?

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
youve been brainwashed by liberals who go around preaching their tolerance crap. why dont we stop being bigoted towords murderers, rapists, and theives? lets tolerate them like the normal functioning members of society they are. you dont have to tolerate everything is the point im trying to make.

Simple question - why do you view homosexuality as morally wrong?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
i am in no way making a comparison of homsexuals to murderers. im just saying if youre going to tolerate homosexuals, why not just extend it to other morally objectionable practices?
PAGING MR. SANTORUM......PAGING MR. SANTORUM.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Because having sex with another man doesn't do any harm to anyone else whereas ending their life certainly does. I thought you said you were smart and stuff?

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: dpm
youve been brainwashed by liberals who go around preaching their tolerance crap. why dont we stop being bigoted towords murderers, rapists, and theives? lets tolerate them like the normal functioning members of society they are. you dont have to tolerate everything is the point im trying to make.

Simple question - why do you view homosexuality as morally wrong?

for the same reasons that square pegs dont fit in round holes. a man and a woman get together to procreate. they have their insturments that help facilitate this. a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. however, if you get 2 men together [or 2 women] they no longer have any use for their sexual organs. a womans vagina doesnt go into a womans vagina, nor does a mans penis go into a mans penis. therefore it is not intended for 2 men to get together and have a relationship [otherwise they would have vaginas as well]

besides, what other species on this planet is homosexual?

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Fausto
Because having sex with another man doesn't do any harm to anyone else whereas ending their life certainly does. I thought you said you were smart and stuff?

im trying to point out the hypocrisy in that way of thinking. but i guess i didnt do enough of the obvious pointers so all could follow along.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

what a childish argument. Let me trump that.

"If you're not a Jew, why do you care so much about the halocaust"
"If you don't own any slaves or arn't one, why do you care to be an abolishnist"

Freedom is to kill them..thats a new one. I hear some suicide notes do contain messages for freedom from this world so perhaps you're on to something here.
rolleye.gif
How many should we have freed in vietnam before quiting? 20 million 30 million?

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
for the same reasons that square pegs dont fit in round holes. a man and a woman get together to procreate. they have their insturments that help facilitate this. a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. however, if you get 2 men together [or 2 women] they no longer have any use for their sexual organs. a womans vagina doesnt go into a womans vagina, nor does a mans penis go into a mans penis. therefore it is not intended for 2 men to get together and have a relationship [otherwise they would have vaginas as well] besides, what other species on this planet is homosexual?

Well, that is at least a coherent reason. However, following your logic through, would you also say that masturbation is morally wrong? After all, a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. However, if you get one man on his own, he has no use for his sexual organ. Therefore it is not intended for 1 man to masturbate.

You've never masturbated, have you Genesys?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003

So, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, it is ok? Doing drugs doesn't really hurt anyone else, so perhaps that should be legal as well. Not to mention bestiality, and prostitution, and many many other illegal activities.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
for the same reasons that square pegs dont fit in round holes. a man and a woman get together to procreate. they have their insturments that help facilitate this. a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. however, if you get 2 men together [or 2 women] they no longer have any use for their sexual organs. a womans vagina doesnt go into a womans vagina, nor does a mans penis go into a mans penis. therefore it is not intended for 2 men to get together and have a relationship [otherwise they would have vaginas as well] besides, what other species on this planet is homosexual?

Well, that is at least a coherent reason. However, following your logic through, would you also say that masturbation is morally wrong? After all, a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. However, if you get one man on his own, he has no use for his sexual organ. Therefore it is not intended for 1 man to masturbate.

You've never masturbated, have you Genesys?

no, it is not intended for man to masturbate, its just a side effect of man being overly creative and finding new uses for his hands [to mimic vaginas]

and ill choose to leave that question unanswered.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Well the answer to a fool is silence, but it's been adequately demonstrated that any other answer will, in the long run, have the same effect so here goes:

I didn't mention a thing about murderers, rapsts, and theives, so you are again a bigot to put forth such notions as mine. You also have every right to be proud of your bigotry. I just want to use the right term to describe you. Of course you are ignorant, that's part and parcel of being a bigot, right, so you wouldn't know that your closest living relative, according to the Bible naturally, the Bonobo chimp, is heavy into homosexuality. Relax and enjoy life. Have a banana.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Wow, flamebait from the OP is right.

I keep lurking these threads looking for someone to come up with a decent argument other than "I think it's icky". Not really looking because I agree, but hoping to get a valid point to counter my own with.

"Genesys", nice try. Sorry, but no cookie for you. Keep at it. ;)

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Genesys for the same reasons that square pegs dont fit in round holes. a man and a woman get together to procreate. they have their insturments that help facilitate this. a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. however, if you get 2 men together [or 2 women] they no longer have any use for their sexual organs. a womans vagina doesnt go into a womans vagina, nor does a mans penis go into a mans penis. therefore it is not intended for 2 men to get together and have a relationship [otherwise they would have vaginas as well] besides, what other species on this planet is homosexual?
Well, that is at least a coherent reason. However, following your logic through, would you also say that masturbation is morally wrong? After all, a man has a penis to stick in the womans vagina. However, if you get one man on his own, he has no use for his sexual organ. Therefore it is not intended for 1 man to masturbate. You've never masturbated, have you Genesys?
no, it is not intended for man to masturbate, its just a side effect of man being overly creative and finding new uses for his hands [to mimic vaginas] and ill choose to leave that question unanswered.

Fair enough. I respect your right not to incriminate yourself. However, I must presume you guilty, and question why I should tolerate you? After all, you agree that masturbation is a "morally objectionable practice", and thus put yourself in the same category as "murderers, rapists, and theives".

So...
"im not a masturbator, i dont have masturbating friends, but i do know people who masturbate. i dont give a damn about "masturbator rights" because they have the same rights that are granted to the straight people by the constitution. all they want is the "right" to marry so they can get around insurance policies and inherit the property of their deceased right hand. theyve already got America to tolerate them, they better stop before theres a big backlash because I [and many that I know] are becomeing increasingly irritated with masturbators and their "fight"".

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Well the answer to a fool is silence, but it's been adequately demonstrated that any other answer will, in the long run, have the same effect so here goes:

I didn't mention a thing about murderers, rapsts, and theives, so you are again a bigot to put forth such notions as mine. You also have every right to be proud of your bigotry. I just want to use the right term to describe you. Of course you are ignorant, that's part and parcel of being a bigot, right, so you wouldn't know that your closest living relative, according to the Bible naturally, the Bonobo chimp, is heavy into homosexuality. Relax and enjoy life. Have a banana.

Welcome back... you were truly missed :)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113

So, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, it is ok? Doing drugs doesn't really hurt anyone else, so perhaps that should be legal as well. Not to mention bestiality, and prostitution, and many many other illegal activities.
Ah, Mr. Santorum! Glad you could join us! I was beginning to wonder if the paging system was down.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The key difference is "murderers, rapists, and theives?" are violating others rights.. like you are doing to gays by not allowing them to engage in matrimony as you are allowed to with opposite sex. Namley equal rights before the law. Gay relationships, drug use, prosititution, polygomy are all consentual behavior between willing adults so no violation of natural law or the golden rule is taking place. Only violation occuring is to your bigoted sensibilites and your will for people to be like you and eliminate the percieved opposition.