I like telling jokes about elevators

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Or are you just using them to get a rise out of people?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Some elevator jokes are the lowest form of humor, but most rise above that.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Alright here's a riddle instead:

A man lives on the 25 floor of an apartment. On rainy days he takes the elevator all the way to the 25 floor. On sunny days he goes up on the elevator 10 floors and then takes the stairs the rest of the way up. Why does he only take the stairs when it's sunny?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Elevators are touchy. They're always getting their buttons pushed.

Reactions: Ken g6

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Googled the answer - dumb riddle is dumb.

And that version of the riddle sucks without including the part about going up all the way in the elevator if there are other people in it or on rainy days. It could be sunny but people in the elevator means he'll ride all the way up.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Two men in an elevator...

Two men in an elevator.

One says to the other, sniffing: "excuse me, did you pass wind?"

The other answers, sounding hurt and offended: "of course I did! Do you think I always stink like this?"

iCyborg

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2008
An elevator with a programmer inside stops at a floor. The person outside asks "Is this elevator going up or down". Programmer says "Yes".

Reactions: Perknose

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I rode the elevator to the eleventh floor, and as I got out, the operator said "Have a good day, son"

"Don't call me son," I said. "You're not my dad."

He scratched his head. "No, but I brought you up, didn't I?"

#######################################################################

An Amish boy and his father are visiting a nearby mall. They are amazed by almost everything they see, but especially by two shiny silver walls that move apart and back together again by themselves.

The lad asks, “What is this, father?”

The father, having never seen an elevator, responds, “I have no idea what it is.”

While the boy and his father are watching wide-eyed, an old lady in a wheelchair rolls up to the moving walls and presses a button. The walls open and the lady rolls between them into a small room. The walls close and the boy and his father watch as small circles light up above the walls. The walls open up again and a beautiful twenty-four-year-old woman steps out. The father looks at his son excitedly and says, “Go get your mother.”

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I rode the elevator to the eleventh floor, and as I got out, the operator said "Have a good day, son"

"Don't call me son," I said. "You're not my dad."

He scratched his head. "No, but I brought you up, didn't I?"
How old are you?