I like Joe Biden and Chris Matthews immigration plan

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Ive always said one way to curb illegal immigration is to make it difficult to find work. We can easily do that by tightening down and fully implementing eVerify.

Joe Biden and Chris Matthews had a discussion where Joe said we need to make the penalties for hiring illegals so drastic the risk far outways the reward.

And holy shit if a Republican were to say these things they would be xenophobic and racist!

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/23/joe-biden-amnesty-immigrants-english/

"They’ve gotta pay a fine. They’ve got to learn to speak English. They’ve got to pass testing … ”

“If we want the problems of Canada right now, keep encouraging people to keep their foreign language,” Matthews added, agreeing with Biden. “English is gonna unite this country, potentially.”
“I can’t think of a country that has two languages as their accepted languages that is doing all that well, including Switzerland … Canada,” said Biden.
“It divides us,” Matthews responded. “You can’t talk to each other.”

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You do know Republicans want no part of fining businesses who hire the undocumented.

W had it right. Impliment a guest worker program along with fining businesses hiring undocumented people. They must be in the guest worker program

Feb 4, 2009
Dude just do a basic forums search the vast majority of us left leaning guys have been saying prop up e-verify better, greatly increase fines to companies that hire illegals and fund enforcement far better.
There have been discussions like this for close to a decade, maybe more.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
I'm pretty sure a lot of people, myself included, have said there is lots of ways better than a wall. This is one of them....

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
That'll never happen. Our entire economy is, and always has been, completely reliant on dirt-cheap indentured labor. None of the business interests want to end that practice. They would be out of business if they were forced to.

It's much easier to make a show of building a big beautiful wall (with contract$ directed to friendly firms) and then throw a 'mission accomplished' party. Meanwhile the entire restaurant, construction and agriculture industries continue along with business as usual.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Good luck talking Republicans into penalizing the "job creators" instead of the workers.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You do know Republicans want no part of fining businesses who hire the undocumented.

W had it right. Impliment a guest worker program along with fining businesses hiring undocumented people. They must be in the guest worker program
Stealing all the cow milking, vegtable, and fruit picking jobs from all those Americans lining up for those jobs.

Reactions: Meghan54

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So ya'll also think they need to learn english?

No one needs to learn english with google translate.

Hell I don't speak a word of Latvian and I got around fine for 2 weeks in Latvia with google translate.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Ive always said one way to curb illegal immigration is to make it difficult to find work. We can easily do that by tightening down and fully implementing eVerify.

Joe Biden and Chris Matthews had a discussion where Joe said we need to make the penalties for hiring illegals so drastic the risk far outways the reward.

And holy shit if a Republican were to say these things they would be xenophobic and racist!

"They’ve gotta pay a fine. They’ve got to learn to speak English. They’ve got to pass testing … ”

“If we want the problems of Canada right now, keep encouraging people to keep their foreign language,” Matthews added, agreeing with Biden. “English is gonna unite this country, potentially.”
“I can’t think of a country that has two languages as their accepted languages that is doing all that well, including Switzerland … Canada,” said Biden.

Not only did the bi partisan bill that passed the Democrat senate in 2013 (that was later killed by the house without so much as sending it to committee) include fines for businesses and mandatory e-verify across the country but I as well as others have advocated going after businesses that hire illegals.

The biggest issue is the hiring of illegals. There is very little in the way of stopping businesses from hiring illegals. The e-verify system isn't an across the board requirement.

That how big your bubble is that you would make such a claim about Democrats and going after businesses that hire illegals.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

second generation Americans always speak the language. anyone (such as you) who suggests otherwise is xenophobic.

as for the OP, who will replace all the illegal immigrants harvesting and cooking our food and building and cleaning our houses?

Feb 4, 2009
second generation Americans always speak the language. anyone (such as you) who suggests otherwise is xenophobic.

as for the OP, who will replace all the illegal immigrants harvesting and cooking our food and building and cleaning our houses?

I went to an immigrant event August 2018, I can safely say of the approximate 175 immigrants there all spoke some level of English. They had previous immigrants that became citizens speak all of those speakers told everyone their 1st priority is learn English well, spend every free moment at the library practicing English with some language software the library had.
My completely unscientific observation made me estimate that 1/3rd spoke English really well 1/3rd spoke English good enough, 1/3 were hard to understand.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Most immigrants learn some level of English. And, This is America.."Land of the free"..You should be able to freely speak whatever language you want.

Reactions: Meghan54

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010

Well I'm gonna call Biden a POS xenophobic and racist then. Because he is POS, on this and many other issues.
"learn the language", "assimilate", "cultural differences" are just obvious dog-whistles for racist riding-mower dads who only want the "right" type of immigrants, but are too embarrassed to say they really favor a skin-pigment based system..

Reactions: CU

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

First: please never read Daily Caller again, for any reason. It's a hyperpartisan site that both heavily spins things and sometimes makes outright false claims.

People have already shot down the "if Republicans were to say these things.." remark, so I won't touch on that. But on the two-language thing... wait, what? Canada has no choice. Quebec, New Brunswick and Ontario have large (and in Quebec's case, dominating) French-speaking populations. Forcing all Canadians to speak English would be tantamount to declaring civil war.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
First: please never read Daily Caller again, for any reason. It's a hyperpartisan site that both heavily spins things and sometimes makes outright false claims.

People have already shot down the "if Republicans were to say these things.." remark, so I won't touch on that. But on the two-language thing... wait, what? Canada has no choice. Quebec, New Brunswick and Ontario have large (and in Quebec's case, dominating) French-speaking populations. Forcing all Canadians to speak English would be tantamount to declaring civil war.

It published and quoted a video that actually happened. In this case, there is no bias or false claims. I know you dont think I can tell the difference, but I can.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

It would be a great first step towards cultural indoctrination. Learn to speak American, learn to think American.

Might be helpful to declare English the official language first.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

And assign them a tax ID.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Dude just do a basic forums search the vast majority of us left leaning guys have been saying prop up e-verify better, greatly increase fines to companies that hire illegals and fund enforcement far better.
There have been discussions like this for close to a decade, maybe more.

lol, he's such an idiot though.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
It published and quoted a video that actually happened. In this case, there is no bias or false claims. I know you dont think I can tell the difference, but I can.

So why visit the site at all? You're still giving business to a propaganda outlet that deserves to be shut down.