I have questions for 2A absolutists

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
How can you form a well regulated militia without weapons?

The average 2A supporter without a weapon is still more effective at defending people than any policy a progressive ever came up with.

tenor.gif

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Oh? Are gun nutters out there ACTIVELY rebelling? Are they forming rag-tag gangs gunning down government officials? Gun nutters aren't the ones killing cops. Gun nutters aren't the ones gunning down young inner city men.

Go take a look at CDC and TSA data. There are numerous ways that have a higher chance of causing your death than a gun nutter.

Like I said. Let's talk about 'reasonable restrictions and regulations' around abortion and we'll see how little pigs squeal.

So are you saying that GUN NUTTERS are part of an insurrection and a rebellion?? If you are I would agree!!

Jul 9, 2009
Ah so Spidey was right for once!! You do have this thing about penises!!!
We all know that vehicles kill far more children every year than firearms do. Have you given up your car yet, or are you just another typical libtard hypocrite that wants everyone else to make sacrifices except for themselves?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Proof of said claim please? I won't deny that some would indeed be cowards, I'm just asking for evidence that it would be most.

Side note. If you have served in the military, a sincere thank you for your service. If you served in actual hostile territory / came under fire, an extra special thank you.

The sad part is most of you are cowards and would never even want to be part of a well regulated militia!!
It`s all about the Gunz baby!!!

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Proof of said claim please? I won't deny that some would indeed be cowards, I'm just asking for evidence that it would be most.

Side note. If you have served in the military, a sincere thank you for your service. If you served in actual hostile territory / came under fire, an extra special thank you.

Thanks for the thanks I suppose, but you do realize that we got paid? It's not like we volunteered and went and got shot at for free.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We all know that vehicles kill far more children every year than firearms do. Have you given up your car yet, or are you just another typical libtard hypocrite that wants everyone else to make sacrifices except for themselves?
Yo dumdum, you think there is a connection between the evolution of mankind and the evolution of transportation? Google motherfucker, you speak it?
But yea ... guns... cars... same fucking shit.
Its a moot-non-point anyway, in a decade they will be all self-navigating... away with the human factor and no more accidents. Now about those self-navigating guns.
Dumdum.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Yo dumdum, you think there is a connection between the evolution of mankind and the evolution of transportation? Google motherfucker, you speak it?
But yea ... guns... cars... same fucking shit.
Its a moot-non-point anyway, in a decade they will be all self-navigating... away with the human factor and no more accidents. Now about those self-navigating guns.
Dumdum.

As long as automobiles are widespread, you're a fool to think there won't be any more accidents ever. The point is we understand that cars bring enough benefit to us that we're willing to take the risk of having them widely in use in society, we feel the good outweighs the bad. With guns, thankfully some very forward thinking individuals codified that right, because they felt that the good of society being armed outweighed the bad. And when we compare guns to other rights, liberties, and conveniences that can and do kills us, guns do comparatively little damage, and yet have a tremendous upside. With that said, it is hard to argue for further restrictions on guns. Just because you personally don't feel their benefit is greater than their downside is meaningless here. Let's look at guns as a right that can cause harm and weigh that against other things in society that do the same. That's why I continually bring up tobacco and how no Democrat is running on a platform of further limiting that much, MUCH larger killer than firearms. It is obvious that the laser focus on guns is nothing more than NPC programming by your handlers. They don't care about saving lives, they care about their political agenda.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
As long as automobiles are widespread, you're a fool to think there won't be any more accidents ever. The point is we understand that cars bring enough benefit to us that we're willing to take the risk of having them widely in use in society, we feel the good outweighs the bad. With guns, thankfully some very forward thinking individuals codified that right, because they felt that the good of society being armed outweighed the bad. And when we compare guns to other rights, liberties, and conveniences that can and do kills us, guns do comparatively little damage, and yet have a tremendous upside. With that said, it is hard to argue for further restrictions on guns. Just because you personally don't feel their benefit is greater than their downside is meaningless here. Let's look at guns as a right that can cause harm and weigh that against other things in society that do the same. That's why I continually bring up tobacco and how no Democrat is running on a platform of further limiting that much, MUCH larger killer than firearms. It is obvious that the laser focus on guns is nothing more than NPC programming by your handlers. They don't care about saving lives, they care about their political agenda.

Did Trump push that fucking birtherism crap or didnt he? He did, didnt he?

As to the subject of guns, IIRC my American history correctly, the 2nd is something about a national security, to guard the state against invading forces, militia etc... more so than the right to strap on concealed glock to church.
Right?
So in respect to the intent of the 2nd it makes ZERO sense with all the pistols ... and the semis ... What you need is full fledged assault rifles. Grenades. Belt fed MG-3's. Done.
But then again evolution comes knocking on Slows door. Cause the nature of conflict has changed has it not? With ALL the guns in the fucking world, you Slow, still managed to sell out (your?) country to Russia and install a fucking sock puppet on the throne.
See THAT is the nature of the threat Vector now, your piss ant glock is not gonna solve anything related to that....

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

So we also agree that, as Trump pushed the birtherism agenda on Obama, that alone makes him a racist.
Glad we could clear that up Slow, good to have you come around to a little common sense.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The first step in creating a well regulated militia is excluding dumbasses like you from the militia.
Truth hurts?? What I said is true!1 None of you idiots care one bit about being part of a well rregulated militia!!!
It is all about the guns!!
You claim to use the 2nd amendment as your justification for owning guns, but find it convenient to ignore the part about a well regulated militia!! BTW regulated means well trained, disciplined !1 In other words just because you own a gun doesn`t make you part of a well regulated militia!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
How can you form a well regulated militia without weapons?
So your telling me that you would gladly become part of a well regulated militia and go through combat raining and learn how to work as a team player in agroup with others who are gun owners? You see in the end this has nothing to do with the while 2nd amendment -- it only has to do with your right to own gunz!! It is all about the gunz, baby!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Lets clarify that...… a lot of people on these forums would be the first out of their house to get together with other gunj owners and form a militia if needed!
But I do know quite a few people that this has nothing to do with anything other than the gunz!

here is your proof --- SlowSpyder stated -- Yes, it is all about the guns. Baby.

Jul 9, 2009
I am part of a regulated militia. Since our political officials are the ones doing the regulating it doesn't happen to be well done is all.

Jul 9, 2009
So you were there at the Bundy ranch? Or was it Srebrenica?
Time for a Founding Fathers quote.
“I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
– George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788 "

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
“I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”

You see, the problem with mouth breathers, like yourself, is that you uncritically accept that which tells you what you want to hear and then you regurgitate it expecting others to be just as stupid and gullible as you.

Here is the full quote parrot boy:

"A worthy member has asked, who are the militia, if they be not the people, of this country, and if we are not to be protected from the fate of the Germans, Prussians, &c. by our representation? I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers. But I cannot say who will be the militia of the future day. If that paper on the table gets no alteration, the militia of the future day may not consist of all classes, high and low, and rich and poor; but may be confined to the lower and middle classes of the people, granting exclusion to the higher classes of the people. If we should ever see that day, the most ignominious punishments and heavy fines may be expected. Under the present government all ranks of people are subject to militia duty."

Context matters, and gun nutters and righties seem incapable of grasping this fact.

George mason was against a standing army and believed that a volunteer army, or militia as it is/was called was the best protection. His concern with this militia was that laws/rules could be enabled that made serving class based. Kind of like how rich people like the Donald were able to avoid service while those with less economic capability were forced to serve.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Again you pick and choose! use the whole quote! You see my main objextion to the use of the word Militia is that we have a lot of xcowards who have guns who would run and hide if they were ever called upon to be part of a militia.....
I sense you have your personal rock all picked out to hide under!!

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Gee wizz I didn`t know that....hmmmmmmView attachment 10625

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress 750, August 17, 1789

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

When you look for founding father quotes they seem to be overwhelmingly FOR the individual right to own arms as that provides the ability to form a militia to fight back against an invader or tyrannical government.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Again you pick and choose! use the whole quote! You see my main objextion to the use of the word Militia is that we have a lot of xcowards who have guns who would run and hide if they were ever called upon to be part of a militia.....
I sense you have your personal rock all picked out to hide under!!

Your argument still ignores the reality the militia is made up of people who actually bear the arms. You should go back to your stronger but still weak pseudo 10th amendment argument that states should have the right to limit gun ownership among private citizens instead of these restraints being done at the federal level.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
When you look for founding father quotes they seem to be overwhelmingly FOR the individual right to own arms as that provides the ability to form a militia to fight back against an invader or tyrannical government.
Yes.
So. Slows solution is this:

No pistols.
No semis.

Instead:
Full auto assault weapons
Grenades.
Cannons.
50cal snipers.

Slow is running on banning all pistols. Good to know.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress 750, August 17, 1789

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

We know you didn't research those quotes yourself, so what's the source?