I have a life........NOT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
why though? what is the purpose....

Well typically people run 2-5 characters at once. You can control that amount fairly well. So instead of levelling up just 1 guy, you're leveling up multiple at once. You can also take down larger stuff without the need of anyone else.

There was a guy on my star wars galaxies server who ran 3 characters at once who could whip some serious ass by himself.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill

Well typically people run 2-5 characters at once. You can control that amount fairly well. So instead of levelling up just 1 guy, you're leveling up multiple at once. You can also take down larger stuff without the need of anyone else.

There was a guy on my star wars galaxies server who ran 3 characters at once who could whip some serious ass by himself.

If that is all the reason to warrant a PC farm and $900 worth of subscription a month, they are either rich or insane. I'm tempted to say gold farming but there's no way that would make you enough $$ with only 2 people, in north america.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: dighn
Originally posted by: TallBill

If that is all the reason to warrant a PC farm and $900 worth of subscription a month, they are either rich or insane. I'm tempted to say gold farming but there's no way that would make you enough $$ with only 2 people, in north america.

that's my question, WHY would you need 43 accounts, I can understand controllering 3-5 accounts/guys at once, but man 23?

there has to be serious gold farming going on. or how else do they make cash?

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
"i have a life not"
"i have a life................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. NOT!"
"i have a NOT life"

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
From that thread
Scribbler
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Seriously guys you're dumb to believe this, these exact images have been on mmoglider.com (Bot website) about 3 months ago, posted by a guy that works for a website that sells gold and accounts!
Not that I bot, ofc Wink
No more wow for me Sad

mortong

Apr 14, 2006
I am a bit disappointed at the "Southpark/Overweight/etc" comments and I hope that is a result of...simple jealousy

I'm sorry, I don't hate on the RPG crowd, but this comment is pretty damn funny. Sorry, man. The overweight stereotype is just so not based on jealosy. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Maybe he's leveling the characters and selling them or their items on eBay for $$$.

I'd imagine that has to be at least part of his funding solution.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I'm thinking gold farmer or character seller.

Even if it's just for fun...wow, but not a good wow. :thumbsdown:

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Some pretty nice multiple monitor setups in there, but people who play that many WoW accounts really need to step back from the computer and realize that there is more to life.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
That is hands down the most retarded thing I have ever come across in 20 years of being online.

RedBeard

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: panipoori
What a waste of time and money

QFT. Playing 1 toon is a waste of time and money (even if you enjoy it).

But 23/each... zomg....

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
A lot of the comments remind me of Idiocracy, which really struck a chord with me. In fact, after I digest it for a week or so I'm planning on watching it again, something I rarely do with films and have never actively planned until now. "Loelz he haz no lyfe!!1!1" and "Hiz g/f must b rly f4t n ugly roflolololz!!1!1" are really no different from how everyone's a "i love you" according to the idiots in the film. Keep in mind he owns businesses successful enough to drop all that money on a game which is only a hobby - 46 PCs & monitors didn't just grow on a tree out in his yard. And money attracts hot women, not fat ugly cows ;)

The last vestiges of free thought and openmindedness are now gone. In today's world, anyone who isn't just like me is a stupid idiot i love you with no girlfriend (but a promiscuous mother), and whatever they like to do should probably be made illegal for good measure. It's abysmally depressing.

---

As for the logistics of playing multiple characters, I think it's quite an accomplishment. My experience is limited to using my friend's rogue to run my alts through instances in WoW, and boxing a second character in EQ. In both cases I used the same PC and just alt-tabbed.

It was much easier in EQ, where the primitive combat system pretty much limited you to autoattack and you rarely had to fight more than one mob at a time in most situations.

In WoW, with many dungeons having 4-6pulls, I've found it difficult. Just last night I died twice in Maraudon, running my 49 priest through. It didn't help that my buddy's rogue is only 60, as he hasn't played in a while. But still, I died because I had trouble dealing with the number of mobs, the kill order and making sure the rogue had sufficient aggro on each mob to start healing him. And that's only two characters.

I have my doubts about actually raiding with just a handful of real live players, but perhaps with enough use of macros and separate PCs rather than having to alt-tab, it's possible.