I hate car salesmen!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I don't walk away when a salesman tries to screw me over. I waste at least an hour's worth of his time and get him thinking that I decided I can do without getting a new boat and can afford $xxx for a monthly payment. I tell them everything they want to hear. Then, I tell him that I had decided over an hour ago not to purchase the vehicle. "Since you were trying to screw me over, I decided to screw you over and waste your time. Have a nice day."

Incidentally, to Raduque: Maybe I can explain it for you better. See this car for 10,000? I can get you into it for $100 a month. Thing is, you're going to be paying for 15 years. I forgot to tell you that part. Your monthly payments are only partly determined by the price of the car. The other factor how long you take the loan for. A dealer can get you into just about any monthly payment for any car (well, up to the maximum you'll pay for the maximum amount of time that a bank is willing to finance a vehicle. Seems that the maximum time is getting longer and longer these days though (96 months? Or are there 120 month loans?) If you can't afford to pay it off in 3 years, you can't afford the vehicle. Not that financing for a longer term isn't a good move, particularly when you get a really low interest rate. But, if you HAVE to finance for longer, you shouldn't be purchasing that vehicle. Then again, everyone's gotta keep up with the Joneses.

edit: Oh, and this $8000 car? I can get you into it for $100 a month too! Thing is, since you don't seem to care about the actual price, I'm going to sell it to you for $9000 and finance you at a higher interest rate. You're gonna be paying it for 15 years too.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: lizardboy
too early to nominate Raduque for dipshit of the year?

Doesn't matter. The car dealers are going to nominate him for best customer of the year, and shower him with trophies, hoping to be the lucky place that gets his business.

helpme

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: lizardboy
too early to nominate Raduque for dipshit of the year?

Doesn't matter. The car dealers are going to nominate him for best customer of the year, and shower him with trophies, hoping to be the lucky place that gets his business.

So... how about that monthly payment? 299.00 sound doable? Let me talk to my manager.