I guess people in the ghetto never learn to grow up

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I've always been a car audio fan when I was younger and in a way still am. I'll admit that I was a punk in my younger days playing my music loudly too but have grown out of it like a responsible adult would. Somehow that isn't the case with people living in poorer neighborhoods. You see guys well in their 30's still driving down the street with his music at full blast and with the windows all down to allow the bass to radiate within a 5 block radius.

Caveman

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
That's one of the reasons they live in the ghetto... Zero respect for anyone else but themselves. It's really sad... There's a generation of folks that have no idea that what they're doing is mind-numbingly stupid, inconsiderate, and immature.

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
queue some putz labeling you racist/elitest.... OT is so much fun to watch when anyone labels anything :D

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Simple soultion:

1) Poke a couple holes in a tennis ball.
2) Soak the tennis ball in gasoline.
3) Insert firecrackers into previously poked holes.
4) Wrap with aluminum foil, leaving wick of firecracker exposed.
5) Lite firecrack and throw into open car window. Watch as hilarity ensues.
6) Don't actually do this. I'm not being serious.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
I 25 and I "blast" my music all the time, with a subwoofer and all those goodies.

However, I turn it down at stop lights, in parking lots, and in neighborhoods.

I don't want people to know what I've got in the trunk.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: jtvang125
I've always been a car audio fan when I was younger and in a way still am. I'll admit that I was a punk in my younger days playing my music loudly too but have grown out of it like a responsible adult would. Somehow that isn't the case with people living in poorer neighborhoods. You see guys well in their 30's still driving down the street with his music at full blast and with the windows all down to allow the bass to radiate within a 5 block radius.

Just move out of the ghetto, problem solved. You wont have to deal with those guys blasting music out of their 10 year old luxury cars anymore.

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
im 26 and i still bump all day everyday, esp on the way to the gym.

but im no t like most people with a system, i listen to metal

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

I notice this here in Palm Beach County with those driving $60000+ vehicles.

Are you just jealous you can't afford tunes in your ride?

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
I also went through that phase, but find it to be extremely annoying and immature now-a-days. It is very inconsiderate when other people pretty much force you to listen to their music and at an obnoxious level at that. I don't care who you are or how old you are, you need to turn that shit down and be a mature adult. If you want to blast your damn music, do it at home, and even then you should keep that shit out of other people's homes.

Mar 10, 2005
Originally posted by: alkemyst

I notice this here in Palm Beach County with those driving $60000+ vehicles.

Are you just jealous you can't afford tunes in your ride?

i notice it in boston too. ya know, i pay their rent, i buy the food and i put clothes on their 14 babies, maybe once just one of these "minorities" would roll down the window of his escalade and thank me.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
Only Blacks do it now? Holy shit everyone duck and take cover..stereotypes all flying about!@

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: j00fek
im 26 and i still bump all day everyday, esp on the way to the gym.

but im no t like most people with a system, i listen to metal
hah, sorta the same situation here. i have a couple jl subs in the trunk but ill pull up next to someone trying to blast out 'my humps' with stock speakers and ill just overpower them with the awesomeness that is cash.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I have a stock 350watt RMS system + 250watt RMS sub.
Not much but I turn it up until it sounds like it's gonna blow.

Laminator

Jan 31, 2007
Here's the thing. Blasting your music sounds awesome when you're inside the car. When you're outside, well, it sounds like tinny sh*t.

If you have custom subwoofers in your trunk or something like that, then your music can really roar. Yeah, for me, the awesomeness of how far we've progressed in audio technology outweighs any potential annoyance I get from the music. (I don't have a custom sound system or listen to loud music in my car.)

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: LoKe
So you gotta be young to want to appreciate your loud music? I'll be blasting my tunes forever.

same here. i love a loud stereo that puts me into the music. i also designed my stereo to be loud inside the truck, not outside tho. you can hear it when its fairly quiet, but not in traffic. too much. nothing wrong with being over 30 and liking loud music. not like we are dead or something.

edit:

Originally posted by: shocksyde
I 25 and I "blast" my music all the time, with a subwoofer and all those goodies.

However, I turn it down at stop lights, in parking lots, and in neighborhoods.

I don't want people to know what I've got in the trunk.

i do the same. i dont think my neighbors even know i have a stereo in my truck. in other peoples neighborhoods i dont either, if they can hear it its too loud.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
NEWS FLASH: Many people of low socio-economic status don't have the refined manners of the upper class!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!1!