I got dumped for ordering meat.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Nothing wrong with that. Honestly it sounds like you guys just don't appreciate meat. I think the OP did nothing wrong, as Indian buffets can be quite good.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Nothing wrong with that. Honestly it sounds like you guys just don't appreciate meat. I think the OP did nothing wrong, as Indian buffets can be quite good.
I like meat insofar as I can't go too long without it. But meat is so overrated though once the nutritional needs it satisfies are met. I can't fathom doing carnivore or a heavy meat diet. Meat has to be starched up in some way to make it go down in a more savory manner for me.

Wontons, Chinese stir-fry using cornstarch to coat the meat, even Walmart's fried chicken, burrito, subs, being served with rice. Meat starched up is a much more addicting combo for me than meat alone.

Chicken tikka masala(different from just chicken tikka) is made by some experienced mind or minds. The sauce and rice makes it a truly addicting food.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I like meat insofar as I can't go too long without it. But meat is so overrated though once the nutritional needs it satisfies are met. I can't fathom doing carnivore or a heavy meat diet. Meat has to be starched up in some way to make it go down in a more savory manner for me.

Wontons, Chinese stir-fry using cornstarch to coat the meat, even Walmart's fried chicken, burrito, subs, being served with rice. Meat starched up is a much more addicting combo for me than meat alone.

Chicken tikka masala(different from just chicken tikka) is made by some experienced mind or minds. The sauce and rice makes it a truly addicting food.
I’ve seen your diet. You hate food and just eat to survive. That’s no way to live. If I had to eat what you eat and the small portions of the awful food you consume, I would not want to live. What is the point of living when you’re eating such awful food?

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
To be fair the sauce in chicken tikka masala is really good. I like a good sauce for sure.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I’ve seen your diet. You hate food and just eat to survive. That’s no way to live. If I had to eat what you eat and the small portions of the awful food you consume, I would not want to live. What is the point of living when you’re eating such awful food?
My curvaceously round and full fat pads on my fingers can laugh as I can myself to fullness with ease and still metabolize with extreme efficiency.

I rather not spend money to feeding corrupt people and also winding up with dentures when I’m old. I also hate spending 2 hours constantly having to floss. It was a fun 33 years eating whatever I wanted but it’s time for rational behavior. There is no real dental insurance and no such thing as high end dentists. Teeth are a depreciating asset and it is utter stupidity to irrationally to self-harm when not ignorant.

Thanks for admitting you’re soft. I also eat the most fatty and decadent foods. Even motivate to make some cheese my sauce like Alfredo so I can eat pasta with impunity again. A little Erythritol and I might try some amateur French toast.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I love meat esp BBQ. I'm talking about a little awareness going out on a first dinner date with a vegan. Are you going to get shitfaced on a date with a girl who doesn't drink?

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm, you may have a point there. I guess he should have asked her if she minded? But then again, if she did mind him eating meat, and he likes eating meat, he may as well move on anyway. I guess meat eaters shouldn't date vegans, unless vegans are ok with them eating meat. Should probably get that out of the way first. If there is an issue, call it off right there.

For the record, I am ok with someone eating only veggies, but I don't want them to tell ME what to eat.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
curvaceously round and full fat

Somehow I suspect the above applies to a lot more than your fingertips! ;)

(like the insides of your arteries!)

Not to imply that anyone has the right to belittle overweight folks, however being fat and unhealthy is in no way a positive thing.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Went on a date with a pescatarian last night just for apps and drinks. I suggested sharing small plates and so went along with her dietary restrictions. I love almost all foods so it was just dandy. Mushroom bruschetta's, seared tuna bruschetta's, eggplant 'meatballs'. Delicious.

But she really doesn't care it seems. She tailgates most Giant's home games with a crew that looks pretty legit - she showed me photos - I mean they have a badass trailer with a bathroom in there and kitchen equipment, bring grills, etc...I was like how are the burgers, she's like oh no, they don't do burgers, they make steaks. They get there when the parking lot opens at 8, and fire up the equipment and cook away. That's her crew. She hangs out with a bunch of meat eating savages every Sunday, while she eats stuff like Eggplant parm or what not. But it's a 95% meat focused menu.

Date 2 I will definitely pick a restaurant that has lots of good options for her. It's just the polite thing to do.

I mean I'm sure if you end up living together with someone like that you are going to have to compromise some of your meat eating if you cook dinner together or for her. It's not a bad thing, we could all eat less factory farmed meat and help the planet.

She did say she has had multiple men on the apps tell her that her not eating meat was a dealbreaker for them. She was quite attractive too and intelligent, out of the 15+ first dates I've been on this year, she was top 2. I mean it's not even like she is vegan or veggie, but pescatarian was a bridge too far for some dudes apparently.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Charcoal grilled sea bream seasoned with only salt and lemon juice nom nom.

Last edited:

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Went on a date with a pescatarian last night just for apps and drinks. I suggested sharing small plates and so went along with her dietary restrictions. I love almost all foods so it was just dandy. Mushroom bruschetta's, seared tuna bruschetta's, eggplant 'meatballs'. Delicious.

But she really doesn't care it seems. She tailgates most Giant's home games with a crew that looks pretty legit - she showed me photos - I mean they have a badass trailer with a bathroom in there and kitchen equipment, bring grills, etc...I was like how are the burgers, she's like oh no, they don't do burgers, they make steaks. They get there when the parking lot opens at 8, and fire up the equipment and cook away. That's her crew. She hangs out with a bunch of meat eating savages every Sunday, while she eats stuff like Eggplant parm or what not. But it's a 95% meat focused menu.

Date 2 I will definitely pick a restaurant that has lots of good options for her. It's just the polite thing to do.

I mean I'm sure if you end up living together with someone like that you are going to have to compromise some of your meat eating if you cook dinner together or for her. It's not a bad thing, we could all eat less factory farmed meat and help the planet.

She did say she has had multiple men on the apps tell her that her not eating meat was a dealbreaker for them. She was quite attractive too and intelligent, out of the 15+ first dates I've been on this year, she was top 2. I mean it's not even like she is vegan or veggie, but pescatarian was a bridge too far for some dudes apparently.

Sushi?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Anything that leads to eating less in the way of red meat in particular can only be a plus health-wise.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Weird. So long as she doesn't mind that I eat meat, and isn't one of those that feels better than other people for not eating meat, who cares?
Do vegans eat fish?
Nope.