I got dumped for ordering meat.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
I tried reaching third base

Bye bye Third base!
Damn, I can't believe we all missed the opportunity .....

iu

THIRD BASE!!!!!

Reactions: Captante

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Steak for two for one.
I remember hiking in Andalusia with the wife many years ago. We'd done about 20 miles across hot Andalusian hills and got back to our lodging that had a rural restaurant attached.
We were knackered and hot and a bit brain fogged.
Wife's a vegi and she ordered a bunch of vegi dishes and I ordered the leg of lamb.
And I forgot that in that sort of place you order for the table not the individual.
So I ended up with a entire leg of lamb on a serving dish as my meal!
Lucky I was hungry tbh.

• Haha

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Nope no need, just ask what bothers her then you decide what to do. Either comply or give up

Worked for me

Wrong

You just need to be fanatical....
Now on to my real point. Wife is a vegetarian and yes I know vegans are a ton more irritating. Even my wife is irritated by most vegans.
This easily can work it is about asking questions and making decisions. Early on I asked my wife while we were dating what foods bothered her. She didn’t like the look of ground meats but she was okay if it was in a sandwich or wrap, she didn’t like looking at ground meats but if they were hidden that was fine. She also didn’t like foods with heads or easily distinguishable bodies like fish or a cornish game hen. I could easily comply with those requests. I told her I am turned off by the look & smell of Indian food. She complied with my request.
These things are all about give & take. Give something and expect something in return.
We're omnivores, according to our dental records. My wife, now suffering from Celiac can't order most of what's on restaurants' menus. The seemingly put flour in everything as a thickening agent, a filler, a fried coating... It's cheap and plentiful, so it's used frequently.

Maybe it's possible to be allergic to meat, but it certainly easier to find dishes that don't include it as the primary protein. People can eat whatever they want to, but I'm tired of hearing people complain about it when someone else doesn't eat the way they do as a choice. Imagine being stuck on a 10-hour flight and having nothing available to eat except corn nuts. It sucks being allergic to gluten from what I hear and witness. Vegans and people that simply choose to eat gluten-free foods for the sake of diet have it easy because they could make the choice to deviate if they wanted without throwing up and having brain fog for 3 days as a consequence.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
We're omnivores, according to our dental records. My wife, now suffering from Celiac can't order most of what's on restaurants' menus. The seemingly put flour in everything as a thickening agent, a filler, a fried coating... It's cheap and plentiful, so it's used frequently.

Maybe it's possible to be allergic to meat, but it certainly easier to find dishes that don't include it as the primary protein. People can eat whatever they want to, but I'm tired of hearing people complain about it when someone else doesn't eat the way they do as a choice. Imagine being stuck on a 10-hour flight and having nothing available to eat except corn nuts. It sucks being allergic to gluten from what I hear and witness. Vegans and people that simply choose to eat gluten-free foods for the sake of diet have it easy because they could make the choice to deviate if they wanted without throwing up and having brain fog for 3 days as a consequence.

Provided it doesn't smell like a rotting corpse left out in the sun at low-tide I couldn't care less what anyone wants to eat within reason. (as long as they chew with their mouths closed!)

My only issue with vegans is that a LOT of them (just like the cliche/meme's) have no problem sharing their disapproval of ALL non-vegan's with EVERYONE.

truth-hurts-photo-u1

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarpozzi

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I was vegan for three months in college and then one day decided to grab a crappy white bread and ham sandwich from the cafeteria in my building and it was the greatest thing I ever ate. At that point I recognized I could never be a vegan and no pussy could be good enough to change that.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I was vegan for three months in college and then one day decided to grab a crappy white bread and ham sandwich from the cafeteria in my building and it was the greatest thing I ever ate. At that point I recognized I could never be a vegan and no pussy could be good enough to change that.
Right.... plus those chicks don't always shave their legs or their pits or wear deodorant or not sleep with 250lb girls with a buzz cut.

• Haha

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I dated a girl who was vegetarian the first year we dated. It wasn't a big deal.

Dating around here there are a chunk of women who are veggie or vegan, and most are really not militant about it. Some say on their profile, I'm vegetarian but you do you, etc...

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I went on lunch date with vegan girl once. But I was smart enough to let her choose the restaurant. I enjoyed the vegan meal but I couldn't imagine giving up eating meat for this girl so I didn't pursue her further.

No pussy is worth the sacrifice of becoming a vegan.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
So you shoved an alternator-sized hunk of chicken down your throat while the mark watched?, NICE!!.