I drove a Nissan GTR this weekend.......and it was a life altering experience!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The way to avoid the excessive retail pricing is to get in early, right when there's wind of them being produced, pre-order and wait. That way you pay real MSRP, with minimal dealer options and fee padding. All told, I paid $4k over actual retail for my 12C spider (destination and prep), not counting tax. Yeah, that's a lot for shipping and detailing, but I didn't gripe because I know what they sell for to people who aren't as patient.

Brutal car when you push it and worth every brown cent.

Sometimes that backfires. I read a story about Missy Elliot (a rapper for those that don't know) preordering an Aventador and signing a contract worth around like $375k (It was like $165k cash and a Bently IIRC). That was a bit above the MSRP of one, but when the car came out the dealer saw the street price was well above that, around $450k and tried to break the contract.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I see GTRs and Lambos on the road a lot. However never see a Bugatti. I see them at the dealerships but never on the road. That is my unicorn. The best I have seen so far is a 90 yr old woman driving a new viper down I95 going 50 mph.

Good for you on the ride of your life OP.

That's odd. I figured Florida would be swimming in them. I have seen all sorts of toys here in Toronto. Financial district assholes with money :cool:

I would say the rarest vehicle I have seen is an E63 AMG Wagon. And it's near my house too. Son of a bitch.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea on the freeway once a gtr pulled on me like i was standing still, ever since then my evo X has felt like a prius :(

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
I just need to go twin turbo already and be /done

I'm right there with ya! That GTR was BAD, but yet it's like brainhulk said.. the computer does it all..

I like my "untamed" horsepower. The name "Mustang" suites it very well to that end. I'm thinking a forged 302 stroker, a T-56 Magnum, spinning the ole E-force up to 15PSI and E-85... (Might need to move to a return-style fuel pump too... not sure on that)..

Will it ever take that GTR? Very doubtful.. but if I could get to 600+ at the wheels and keep it drivable I think I'd be pretty content with that. ;)

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
I'd go for broke if I ever do it. Twin 67s, 5.8 MMR block, E85, 26 psi street tune, 1400+ RWHP

If I bother to mess with it again I want another 10 years of invincibility.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
On TOP of the supercharger? :eek:

I've looked into compound boost with a Hellion Hellraiser but at those levels the blower just gets in the way. All the fastest 03s are just big twins.

I wonder if I can do AWD conversion too like in Forza ! :awe:

JCH13

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2010
I've looked into compound boost with a Hellion Hellraiser but at those levels the blower just gets in the way. All the fastest 03s are just big twins.

I wonder if I can do AWD conversion too like in Forza ! :awe:

Does an Explorer or F150 driveline share mounting points...

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Does an Explorer or F150 driveline share mounting points...

With a plasma cutter and MIG, the answer is always yes!

GTR edition Mustang!

Now I just need a turbo rotary, with pistons and everything...

Last edited:

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
I'd go for broke if I ever do it. Twin 67s, 5.8 MMR block, E85, 26 psi street tune, 1400+ RWHP

If I bother to mess with it again I want another 10 years of invincibility.

You like the MMR stuff? I've gotten the impression it's a bit of a mixed back with them... I was thinking of sending a stripped block out to JDM when I get around to it. Foxlake Racing is also on my short list of builders too.

I know PSR stood behind the MMR stuff... speaking of PSR, where the hell is Devin these days?

Last edited:

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Sometimes that backfires. I read a story about Missy Elliot (a rapper for those that don't know) preordering an Aventador and signing a contract worth around like $375k (It was like $165k cash and a Bently IIRC). That was a bit above the MSRP of one, but when the car came out the dealer saw the street price was well above that, around $450k and tried to break the contract.

I've heard those stories too, though it hasn't happened to me. Using a random dealer is bad; get one, build a relationship, and stick with them. I even sent mine small Xmas gifts (tickets to a Sixers game), it helps keep everything copacetic.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I stopped by the local Nissan today and I saw a brand new red GT-R Premium. Sticker price was $97K and the dealer added some extra stuffs to make it $111.5 plus taxes, title, and licence.

Not great (I would never pay MSRP, nevermind extra on top of that) but not as bad as the guy in post #45.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Cool freakin cars, just saw my first in traffic day before yesterday. Guy had a female to match sitting in the passenger seat too.

Plate read 'BULLET' which certainly looked appropriate.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Saw another GTR yesterday. The driver was some girl who couldn't have been older than 17. Sad that her daddy lets her drive that thing to the gym, but I imagine he has an S Class for work and a Ferrari for the weekends.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
OP, as a GTR owner that was a fun read! Saving up my pennies for a AMS Alpha 10 kit. That is about as fast as you can safely go in the street IMO and stay out of increased turbo lag range..

Just installed some custom Daytime running lights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGCW0SoGKwY&feature=c4-overview&list=UULyjAe_EjOkDuBtGeJCchlQ

Dude, that is pretty god damn awesome! :thumbsup: And not just the lights, but the entire car. And I don't even like white cars.