I can't wait until Arnold is in office

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
well thats fine, maybe we can get him to invade canada.

Seeing how they only have one jet fighter and one tank patrolling their border, I think Arnold can do it himself.

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: kt

Seeing how they only have one jet fighter and one tank patrolling their border, I think Arnold can do it himself.

H-I larious

But seriously, I would welcome him with cookies and warm milk, wouldn't you ?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: kt

NO! He must not! If he invades Canada and it becomes an American territory, WingCorp's current plans will be ruined. And we'll have to depend on Jacob Suter's winning of the Texas elections in a few reasons to declare the independent nation of Texas to create out new base of operations.

Contingencies ;)

InverseOfNeo

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: her209
woohoo lets recall all governors whose state has budget deficits

I sense your sarcasm and I totally agree with you. THis whole thing is a joke. And if we are trying to recall our Gov. why arent all the other states trying to recall theirs? Oh and using logic, we should be recalling Bush as well. Its just the same thing. He turned one of the first surplus budgets in our nations history into a huge deficit. RECALL BUSH!

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: InverseOfNeo
Originally posted by: her209
woohoo lets recall all governors whose state has budget deficits

I sense your sarcasm and I totally agree with you. THis whole thing is a joke. And if we are trying to recall our Gov. why arent all the other states trying to recall theirs? Oh and using logic, we should be recalling Bush as well. Its just the same thing. He turned one of the first surplus budgets in our nations history into a huge deficit. RECALL BUSH!

You can't recall a president - you can only impeach one. Maryland was pretty well pissed at it's last governor for driving the state into the ground with pointless programs that never did what they were supposed to anyway. Fortunately, the state has a constitutional section prohibiting the ending of a fiscal year with any debt, so the problem was kept in check until election time. Every state should have a setup such as this. Just as every household should as well. But Americans find it so difficult to live within their means, and it extrapolates to governments as well.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally said by Arnold
In the portion of the interview read over the phone and later distributed by the campaign, Mr. Schwarzenegger said: "In many ways I admired people ? It depends for what. I admired Hitler for instance because he came from being a little man with almost no formal education, up to power. And I admire him for being such a good public speaker and for his way of getting to the people and so on. But I didn't admire him for what he did with it. It is very hard to say who I admired and who are my heroes. And I admired basically people who are powerful people, like Kennedy. Who people listen to and just wait until he comes out with telling them what to do. People like that I admire a lot."

I think the exact same thing, even before I heard it from his mouth.
Hitler could make a crowd of rednecks hate cheap beer.

I really hate political mudslinging and misquoting. Arnold is probably more qualified than all but 5 or 6 of the hundred something on the ballot. Suprisingly, Arnold is one of the few who is serious, not just out for a publicity stunt.

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: kranky
I would think every Californian would be embarrassed to have a completely unqualified person elected as Governor.

I am not embarrassed.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: luvya
I would think every Californian would be embarrassed to have a completely unqualified person elected as Governor.

I am not embarrassed.

Let me restate it, then. I would think every rational Californian would be embarrassed to have a completely unqualified person elected as Governor

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Describe in detail exactly what makes a person "qualified" to be governor?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: luvya

I am not embarrassed.

Let me restate it, then. I would think every rational Californian would be embarrassed to have a completely unqualified person elected as Governor
The latest accusations - that Arnie admired Hitler and Gropes women against their will (he apologized for being "playful") has got some thinking people turned off to this "actor".

Wouldn't it be "funny" if he was charged with sexual battery after his election and got recalled and/or convicted. :p

rolleye.gif

If I were Davis, I'd resign Monday night so Bustamonte would be govenor and the election could get called off. ;)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
My 80-year-old grandmother saw through the anti-Arnie smear campaign, and is voting for him. Go Arnie!

Someone who came to America with nothing, and made himself a world-class athlete, real-estate millionaire, and one of the most bankable actors in the world certainly is more qualified to lead a state than hacks like Davis and Bustamante who are mainly "qualified" by their skill at machine politics.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
My 80-year-old grandmother saw through the anti-Arnie smear campaign, and is voting for him. Go Arnie!

Someone who came to America with nothing, and made himself a world-class athlete, real-estate millionaire, and one of the most bankable actors in the world certainly is more qualified to lead a state than hacks like Davis and Bustamante who are mainly "qualified" by their skill at machine politics.
And likes to grope women too . . . against their will. So far, 9 women have come forward.

In an old people's neighborhood I passed through, ALL the "Join Arnold" signs came down the day after the "apology for being playful" came out. Not all old people are demented. ;)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: apoppin

And likes to grope women too . . . against their will. So far, 9 women have come forward.

In an old people's neighborhood I passed through, ALL the "Join Arnold" signs came down the day after the "apology for being playful" came out. Not all old people are demented. ;)
And Davis and Bustamante have both probably had sex with a few of their interns and staffers, who needed the work and/or recommendation and couldn't say no.

Many of these allegations are 30 years old, back when Davis was probably snorting coke and doing some groping of his own.

It still looks like typical political character assassination to me, even though the women involved claim they haven't been paid anything yet. At least not until the instabooks and tv-movies go into production.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

And Davis and Bustamante have both probably had sex with a few of their interns and staffers, who needed the work and/or recommendation and couldn't say no.

Many of these allegations are 30 years old, back when Davis was probably snorting coke and doing some groping of his own.

It still looks like typical political character assassination to me, even though the women involved claim they haven't been paid anything yet. At least not until the instabooks and tv-movies go into production.
I think the Republican smear campaign would have outed Davis or Cruz long ago.

The 30 years you refer to is a LONG HISTORY of demeaning women. Many of the accusations are from a few years ago.

Best of all, he ADMITS it (he certainly doesn't deny it) and has apologized to these women for being "playful".

As I said, evidently a lot of clear-thinking old people have changed their mind about Ahnold. At the very least, he is pretty clueless except as an actor with a script ("I can't answer this question right now").

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
OK, so he was being a bit too playful (odd that these women didnt complain until now, and 4 of 6 wont identify themselves). yet he's crucified for admitting his faults. i can barely contain my shock at the hypocrisy of the democratic party and it's thugs who are behin this smear campaign.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Lucky
OK, so he was being a bit too playful (odd that these women didnt complain until now, and 4 of 6 wont identify themselves). yet he's crucified for admitting his faults. i can barely contain my shock at the hypocrisy of the democratic party and it's thugs who are behin this smear campaign.
Let me guess . . . you must be [gasp] . . . Republican.

You didn't seem shocked by the many Republican smear campaigns. :Q

rolleye.gif

I'm outta here. I made my point - believe what you want to. :p

And Ahnold will be a DISASTER for Cali . . . WAIT and SEE (it's my prediction; I won't discuss it again until we DO see). ;)

May 31, 2001
Got to love how Ariana Huffington was all for the recall until the polls showed she had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected, now all of a sudden it's a bad thing.
rolleye.gif

Also Grey Davis' (SP?) mouthing off about how Schwarzenegger had no experience in political office. Well, Mr. Davis, it's obvious how useful your experience was.
rolleye.gif

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Lucky
Let me guess . . . you must be [gasp] . . . Republican.

You didn't seem shocked by the many Republican smear campaigns. :Q

rolleye.gif

I'm outta here. I made my point - believe what you want to. :p

And Ahnold will be a DISASTER for Cali . . . WAIT and SEE (it's my prediction; I won't discuss it again until we DO see). ;)

California is already a disaster. I don't see how you could complain if he just manages to maintain the status quo laid down by his predecessors.

ZOXXO

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: SammySon
It's very funny, and very sad at the same time. Let's see him deal with the biggest state deficit of all time.

"Eets not a defeecet"

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Amused

Completely unqualified:
- No experience as an elected official at any level
- No prior interest or experience related to public service
- Extremely unlikely to have the vaguest concept of the structure and workings of the government of a state the size of California

What I believe this will add up to is a figurehead governor (Arnold) being manipulated by a group of behind-the-scenes people who actually know how a state is run. In other words, you elect one person, but a group of no-name backroom people are the ones who actually hold office.

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
How is there a correlation between someone who is/was obviously inappropriate with woman, and being incompetent with running government? I never understood that same argument with the Clinton Scandel. Because he had an extra-marital affair he was unable to make a plan on foreign policy? If every indiscretion in an indication that someone is "unqualified" to do a certain job, than nobody is ever "qualified" to do anything. If anything, indiscretions(depending on how severe, yes I know the whole "shades of gray" argument) should be looked upon as possible loss of "privilege" to do certain things. If someone commited murder, generally, doesnt speak to the fact he couldnt manage a Taco Bell. It would definitely forfit his privilage to do so, because its against the law.

If your entire argument on whether Arnold isnt qualified to be governor is based upon past mistakes(which is exactly what Joe "Gray" Davis argument seems to be)and not on policy and the "Issues", than youre entire arguement is illogical.

Hey look, I misspelled "argument". Guess I just forfit my chance at being governor.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
At least Arnold doesn't beat his wife like Davis does.

;)
("do you still beat your wife?")

Repeat a lie often enough and people start to treat is as proven, like Davis and appopin are doing. Is Arnold a groper? Who knows. Does Davis snort coke, drink human blood and club baby seals for their pelts? I don't know that either.

But Bustamante implying he was afraid Arnold would grope (Bustamante's) daughters was sleazy politics at its finest.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused

Completely unqualified:
- No experience as an elected official at any level
- No prior interest or experience related to public service
- Extremely unlikely to have the vaguest concept of the structure and workings of the government of a state the size of California

What I believe this will add up to is a figurehead governor (Arnold) being manipulated by a group of behind-the-scenes people who actually know how a state is run. In other words, you elect one person, but a group of no-name backroom people are the ones who actually hold office.

Explain to me then how ANYONE is EVER qualified at ANY point to get into office. Please. By your statement, no one could ever become a policitician unless they were considered to have held the office of the womb at conception. Correct me if I'm wrong, but people have to start somewhere. I'm sure this guy has more political experience just being an actor as many lifetime politicians have doing what they do.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Hey I would hope a rich successful Movie Star married to a bone faced witch like Maria Schriver would grope and sleep around . If he didn't I'd think he was some Muscle Bound Nancy Boy like Rock Hudson.

Replacing Davis with Ahhnold isn't going to change anything. Thery need to clean the slate of all the State Reps and Senators from both parties, the real cause of the problems there.

BTW, according to my relatives in Central California, the demise of that state is greatly exagerated. In Merced they are building tons of new homes (All sold before they are completed) and a new shopping center. Can't say that is happening here in Boston.