I can go anywhere in the US for only one day where should I go?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: mwtgg
Originally posted by: jamesbond007
Originally posted by: mwtgg
Bismark, ND

Wow! Suprised anyone mentioned my state! Come to Fargo, though. Much larger and a whole lot better!

:) I've always wanted to visit ND or SD or Montana or something. :)

Well, I can sum up your experience in one word: FLAT! I think there's a big hill up by Grand Forks, though. :p

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: CRXican
Vegas

Hmm....let's take a look at this.

Originally posted by: fiasco

Prerequisites
I like nature. <--- Indoors is not nature
Peace and quiet. <--- Haha, yeah right
Fresh air. <--- If by fresh air he meant smoke in the face, then yes. otherwise, NO.
Good food. <--- Ok, some buffets are good
A comfortable bed. <--- If you go gambling, you won't be sleeping

:)

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: alkemyst
i'd be on the beach...hawaii (I haven't been there though) if you can go anywhere.

otherwise the Florida Keys....pick marathon area over key west for R&R.

Still need more of what you are looking for...I like having a nice beer on a boat with a chick and friends I just met all hanging out.

Some like hiking, biking, kayaking, hitting libraries, etc...

I've been there. You really need at least a week to enjoy just one of the Hawaiian islands. Even then, a week isn't enough. I loved Maui when I went last September. Paradise I tell you...paradise.

It's nice living on the west coast because it's only a 5 hour plane ride from here. The rest of you suckers need to fly here first and then it's another 5 hours. :p

SilentZero

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: alkemyst
i'd be on the beach...hawaii (I haven't been there though) if you can go anywhere.

otherwise the Florida Keys....pick marathon area over key west for R&R.

Still need more of what you are looking for...I like having a nice beer on a boat with a chick and friends I just met all hanging out.

Some like hiking, biking, kayaking, hitting libraries, etc...

I've been there. You really need at least a week to enjoy just one of the Hawaiian islands. Even then, a week isn't enough. I loved Maui when I went last September. Paradise I tell you...paradise.

It's nice living on the west coast because it's only a 5 hour plane ride from here. The rest of you suckers need to fly here first and then it's another 5 hours. :p

I live here in Hawaii and it really depends on which Island you go to. If your coming to Oahu your not going to find much peace and quiet or nature unless you make a serious effort. The other islands are much better in the quiet & nature categorys. I am moving back to the mainland soon and I honestly can't wait to get off this rock.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
*grumbles about how city folk always think they can just come into some small town area for a day or two, snap a few pictures, and get rested*

My advice is to find a tourist trap like a good city person and relax there. There's really no difference between one tourist trap and the next.

Seriously though, one to two days isn't going to do anything other than give you the briefest taste of what you're missing and make work that much more difficult to come back to. Best to either stay where you are or go someplace so awful that it will feel good to get back to the city.

ZV

Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
*grumbles about how city folk always think they can just come into some small town area for a day or two, snap a few pictures, and get rested*

My advice is to find a tourist trap like a good city person and relax there. There's really no difference between one tourist trap and the next.

Seriously though, one to two days isn't going to do anything other than give you the briefest taste of what you're missing and make work that much more difficult to come back to. Best to either stay where you are or go someplace so awful that it will feel good to get back to the city.

ZV

Dont tell me that you havent gone to Olympic NP and camped for a day or two ;).