I can go anywhere in the US for only one day where should I go?

dannybek2

Apr 12, 2005
Living in a large city like NYC takes it toll.
Thankfully I got tons of mileage for Delta Airlines. So give me your suggestions!

Prerequisites
I like nature.
Peace and quiet.
Fresh air.
Good food.
A comfortable bed.

It is only for 1-2 nights, then I must come back.

Kristi2k

Golden Member
Oct 25, 2003
Bar Harbor, Maine. Wait a month or so though till summer comes to Maine.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
San Antonio, Texas

Visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The Alamo is neat, but the Riverwalk is awesome. Ride a boat around like a taxi to all the restaraunts that line the river, or look at buildings on the water with very cool architecture. Worth spending an entire day just on the Riverwalk alone.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
One or two days? Seriously man, wait until you can take some REAL time off. If it's only a day or two I would DRIVE to Maine or something.

If you can get 5-7 days off....FLY TO ALASKA. :D

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
since you're in NY, i think maine or florida would be good. save it in the winter and go to florida or go to maine around this time.

Cancer12

Nov 30, 2001
It would help if you told us what you liked to do outside. I'd recommend the Black Hills of South Dakota because I'm here right now, and they kick @$$

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
i'd be on the beach...hawaii (I haven't been there though) if you can go anywhere.

otherwise the Florida Keys....pick marathon area over key west for R&R.

Still need more of what you are looking for...I like having a nice beer on a boat with a chick and friends I just met all hanging out.

Some like hiking, biking, kayaking, hitting libraries, etc...

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: jamesbond007
Originally posted by: mwtgg
Bismark, ND

Wow! Suprised anyone mentioned my state! Come to Fargo, though. Much larger and a whole lot better!

:) I've always wanted to visit ND or SD or Montana or something. :)