i bought Frontpage from ebay and got a burned cd...ripoff?

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
1-800-RU-LEGIT for MS Anti-piracy hotline if you have this guy's personal information and report him to Ebay.

-silver

Jeffyboy

Dec 17, 2004
You should leave some negative feedback then. I noticed you haven't left anything of the such.

Jeff

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Yossarian
Originally posted by: tooltime
did i get ripped?

DUH I DUNNO, WHAT DO YOU THINK...

See I would have said the same thing, but then warcrow would just come in here to flame me for being captain obvious...

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Auction was similar to? Why not post the actual auction, I'd contact the MS hotline, give them the information from the shipping box and his Ebay information, then let them handle it. Contest whatever payment method you used, post negative feedback and advise Ebay to see what they can do.

tooltime

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2003
got a paypal refund happening this morning, seller said no prob to a refund once i provided tracking.

totally my faualt for not looking into the item and buying something without asking questions

tooltime

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Modeps
Wait a second, let me get this right... you PAID for frontpage?

it wasn't for me but my 12 year old son, if you know a better recommendation...

tooltime

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Feneant2
Auction was similar to? Why not post the actual auction, I'd contact the MS hotline, give them the information from the shipping box and his Ebay information, then let them handle it. Contest whatever payment method you used, post negative feedback and advise Ebay to see what they can do.

i'm not sure i want to post neg feedback...i f'ed up and if i get my $ back i'll be happy; on the flip he shouldn't be selling copies with a new license key code...that's bull!

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
i'm not sure i want to post neg feedback...i f'ed up and if i get my $ back i'll be happy; on the flip he shouldn't be selling copies with a new license key code...that's bull!

Uhh, that's illegal man. You should post negative feedback.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
yep post neg feedback alerting others as to what happend...I wouldn't put up with that....dont worry about the retaliation just get the word out there that this guy is a fraud

funggorgor

Jan 6, 2005
brand new,never been used pirate disk
oh my god!

but i dont understand one thing
why the seller got so many positive feedbacks?

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: funggorgor
brand new,never been used pirate disk
oh my god!

but i dont understand one thing
why the seller got so many positive feedbacks?

because of people like the OP who are afraid to leave negs.

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
I'd post neg feedback AND report his Ebay ID to the Anti-Piracy division.
Selling pirated stuff is really drawing the line...

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
You see, this is the kind of stuff I expect to see happening on egay. What a waste of bandwidth. :|

tooltime

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Megatomic
You see, this is the kind of stuff I expect to see happening on egay. What a waste of bandwidth. :|

egay? i'm not sure i want to see if that's a real site...

totally my fault like i said...here's what i did wrong: got on ebay before work and bid on the first auction, only a few minutes left. should have taken my time...but...i am NOT sure i still would have asked the seller if it is a "genuine ms holographic cd"...but i am now!

never rush!

Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
You see, this is the kind of stuff I expect to see happening on egay. What a waste of bandwidth

i agree ! idont now or never will buy from ebay. = its a ripoff

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

totally my fault like i said...here's what i did wrong: got on ebay before work and bid on the first auction, only a few minutes left. should have taken my time...but...i am NOT sure i still would have asked the seller if it is a "genuine ms holographic cd"...but i am now!

never rush!
egay is what ebay should really be named.

tooltime

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2003

never rush!
egay is what ebay should really be named.

newegg has it for a little more but you know what you're getting and when.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
First clue was that it does not include the box.