I Asked A Pharmacist If He Considered Himself A Drug Dealer And He Got Offended XD

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
I was at a CVS with my uncle to get some meds and as a joke I asked him "Do you consider yourself as a drug dealer"?

He scowled at me and yelled "WHATS WRONG WITH YOU"!?

I told him I was just joking and he yelled "THATS NOT FUNNY"

I apologized and just walked away.

XD

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
And exactly why did you feel compelled to post this? Was it pride or shame over how your joke was taken?

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
I was at a CVS with my uncle to get some meds and as a joke I asked him "Do you consider yourself as a drug dealer"?

He scowled at me and yelled "WHATS WRONG WITH YOU"!?

I told him I was just joking and he yelled "THATS NOT FUNNY"

I apologized and just walked away.

XD
Well, maybe he IS a drug dealer?
I once called a crane operator a "crane driver".... He did not like that at all.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Whats really interesting is that you fail to mention why you were at CVS with your uncle, Gizmo j. You fail to mention what you bought. You fail to mention a lot of things. Instead you choose to tell us about a pharmacist doing his job, one who respects his profession and patients enough to be offended by your joke. You talk about this pharmacist as though he is the scum of the earth, and you don't even know him. Your snap judgements tell us everything we need to know about you, Gizmo j. Everyone knows this.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I was a pharmacy technician during my Junior and Senior years in high school back in the 90s.
Teacher was asking students about their jobs, and I told them I was a drug dealer.

I dont remember more other than the teacher was a bit shocked until i explained where I worked.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Someone I used to be friends with was doing lots of drugs, and apparently lots of pharmaceuticals too. Anyway there was this shrink in the town he lived in that was just a pill popping prescription dispenser. You knew if you made the appointment, said a few words, she'd just give you the heavy shit.

So one of the times he went to load up, he got to the pharmacy and they looked at him and said no, we aren't filling these for you, this ain't right. So he called her, she was like, don't worry about it, we'll just try another pharmacy lol

That first pharmacist, not a drug dealer.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Someone I used to be friends with was doing lots of drugs, and apparently lots of pharmaceuticals too. Anyway there was this shrink in the town he lived in that was just a pill popping prescription dispenser. You knew if you made the appointment, said a few words, she'd just give you the heavy shit.

So one of the times he went to load up, he got to the pharmacy and they looked at him and said no, we aren't filling these for you, this ain't right. So he called her, she was like, don't worry about it, we'll just try another pharmacy lol

That first pharmacist, not a drug dealer.
They're finally starting to review doctors and look for *trends. When the opiod crisis was in full swing and Oxycontin was being prescribed in certain markets, you'd see that a handful of doctors would setup an office in a bad side of town and they would have crazy hours. Now that those narcotics are being monitored, the doctors have to be more careful...they aren't making the kind of money they used to. It's pretty sickening because of how many people died from those drugs....most are young people that saw the wrong doctor to begin with for something like a car accident...got hooked, saw no resistance and were likely pill pushed for the sake of the kickbacks (the doc got), etc...

The drug reps and doctors were all getting rich off that stuff and I don't know how anyone can live with themselves if they think about how many lives they ruined (youth and parents of all ages).

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
They're finally starting to review doctors and look for *trends. When the opiod crisis was in full swing and Oxycontin was being prescribed in certain markets, you'd see that a handful of doctors would setup an office in a bad side of town and they would have crazy hours. Now that those narcotics are being monitored, the doctors have to be more careful...they aren't making the kind of money they used to. It's pretty sickening because of how many people died from those drugs....most are young people that saw the wrong doctor to begin with for something like a car accident...got hooked, saw no resistance and were likely pill pushed for the sake of the kickbacks (the doc got), etc...

The drug reps and doctors were all getting rich off that stuff and I don't know how anyone can live with themselves if they think about how many lives they ruined (youth and parents of all ages).

This was around that time and he was a heroin addict. I'm pretty sure that shrink got in trouble.

It is insane how the Sacklers profited, from the top down to their salespeople and doctors too, as you say. Some doctors I think really believed the line and 'data' they were being fed by Purdue that oxy was not addictive, but I think some knew or eventually figured it out and just didn't care cause $$$

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

And the stuff like this...

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Yeah, but chances are the people who those were prescribed to actually didn't live in that town at all. They get the scripts filled there by family members or whoever as a mule, then pay them $100/300 or whatever for the bottle...then take it elsewhere to sell on the street. I read a lot of people would drive to WV from all over because regulation was so poor up there compared to other states.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah, but chances are the people who those were prescribed to actually didn't live in that town at all. They get the scripts filled there by family members or whoever as a mule, then pay them $100/300 or whatever for the bottle...then take it elsewhere to sell on the street. I read a lot of people would drive to WV from all over because regulation was so poor up there compared to other states.
LOL, the devil you say! I had no idea, I thought the poor people of that town were just in so much pain they needed 6,500 pills each!