I Am Totally Ready For Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs To Scary Me Pantless

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
OK, so I've played it for a bit, and so far it's just great to play.

It doesn't have the "jump scares" like the first one, but just overall, the reviews about the atmosphere and story live up to the hype. It's not a game of "play for a bit, get scared shitless because something popped out, play a bit longer, get scared, and so on".

It was moreso that the entire time I was playing, it was just creepy as hell and I was honestly HORRIFIED at some points. They way the describe the "machine" and just the things you see..."shivers".

Also, this Kotaku review sums it up really, really well without spoilers. I, too, give the game a solid OH HELL NOPE/FUCK NOPE

Last edited:

Madia

May 2, 2006
I'm about 3 hours in so far with never having played the original Amnesia. I think that hurt me since at various points the protagonist will write down notes in his journal. This is indicated by a flashing notebook in the bottom right screen. I wish I had known this beforehand. For some reason I thought the flashing journal indicated an auto save and never read the journal. I didn't really miss much with the journal's clues to solve the puzzles (most are pretty much interact with the only item you can pick up and use it) but I did miss a lot of exposition.

The game is solid but it's more creepy atmosphere/story than jump scares. The puzzles so far have been pretty easy. I think the best way to experience it is in 2 or 3 long playthroughs where you're really immersed in the atmosphere rather than short bursts of play.

Edit: I just finished it and according to steam it only took 4 hours. The game was fairly easy and the horror came more from the atmosphere/story than the actual gameplay. Due to the shortness of the game I wouldn't recommend it at full price but it's worth picking up on sale.

Last edited:

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
PEGye3i.jpg