I Am Totally Ready For Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs To Scary Me Pantless

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I just shit and pissed myself but it had nothing to do with the video. I just like doing these things.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
lol.

Is this suppose to me a mock or something? Pigs? Swine? Now a defenseless soul is running away from a man made "pig" hunter?

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Just finishing up the first one now. It's definitely one of the more interesting games I've played, and did a surprisingly good job of scaring the hell out of me at a few parts - massive shivers up the spine. During a couple 1-2 hour sessions I noticed I was pretty damn tense when I shut the game off.

Thought it was letting up a bit.. then I got to the choir room :eek:

Looking forward to this.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Oh it is Amnesia...everything is metaphorical. Never played the first but it looked scary enough.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I definitely wanted to play the first one, but I got too sucked in and it freaked me out. I am glad to have supported the developers, even if I only got an hour out of it. I think I spent more time reading and talking about the game than actually playing it. Because, holy nonsense it messed with me.

I think the other thing that got me, was that I felt a little lost, I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be doing.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
How does the first one play with a gamepad?

It doesn't have gamepad support. I'm not sure how a gamepad would even work, given how you interact with things in the game (dragging the mouse to open doors, pick up objects, etc, etc).

Amnesia was definitely amazing. One of my favorite horror games ever. When A Machine for Pigs is available for pre-order I'm definitely buying it.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I thought Company of Heroes 2 was cancelled? The company behind it went belly up.

No? Relic is still in business, and they're still working on CoH 2 like normal. Their publisher (THQ) went bankrupt but they were acquired by Sega so all is good.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
OVerLoRDI said:
I definitely wanted to play the first one, but I got too sucked in and it freaked me out. I am glad to have supported the developers, even if I only got an hour out of it. I think I spent more time reading and talking about the game than actually playing it. Because, holy nonsense it messed with me.

I think the other thing that got me, was that I felt a little lost, I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be doing.

That us exactly what happened to me. In was freaked out by the first 2 hours or so that I got in. Which means the game succeeded in what it intended to do. I have a problem with the atmosphere in these games, but it's a good thing cos it's supposed to be that way. The same happened to me with penumbra as well. More fn with video walkthroughs though, especially Day9s. So I'll he looking forward to it too.

Posted from Anandtech.com App for Android

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I liked the first two Penumbra games and the first Amnesia so I’ll definitely be looking at this one.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I tried Amnesia and it did a pretty good job at making a creepy place, but I thought the story element was too weak that I just didn't feel compelled to go on. I only made it like an hour or two in I think and lost interest. I don't think the environment alone is enough to make me curious.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I hated Amnesia, way too dark and fuzzy. I'd play for an hour and have a terrific headache. I didn't find it scary either, which is fine.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I hated Amnesia, way too dark and fuzzy. I'd play for an hour and have a terrific headache. I didn't find it scary either, which is fine.

Were the lights off?

Graphics were a bit meh I agree, but that let imagination fill in some blanks which kinda made it more scary IMO.

Amnesia scared me more than any other game that I can remember, but I did give in to the suspension of disbelief and felt like I was actually walking down those halls completely vulnerable to the evil bastards roaming around.

May have to replay before I get into the new release.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
So... has anyone played it yet?

I haven't booted it up quite yet, but I plan on getting into it very soon. I'm expecting lots of milky ways.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Apparently, from reviews, it won't scare us pant-less, but will give us a horrifying experience woven through atmosphere and story.

The "scare you pant-less" trophy has been handed over to Outlast it would seem.

thm1223

Jun 24, 2011
Apparently, from reviews, it won't scare us pant-less, but will give us a horrifying experience woven through atmosphere and story.

The "scare you pant-less" trophy has been handed over to Outlast it would seem.

Ya Outlast is terrifying. No doubt about that.