Question I am Impatient!!! plastic residue on M.2 SLOT

Thenobamert

Apr 2, 2019
I have a CPU and GPU that are arriving next MONTH!!!!!!, I've decided to do the M.2 module first and I did small wiggles left to right it in an angle to try and insert it into the M.2 slot, I tried again, gently, and continued for 30 seconds and had no luck getting it in.... I put it aside to analyse my problem and found that the Mobo's M.2 slot had some small easily wipe-able yellowish plastic residue (same color as the slot side's plastic and it looked like how cheese gets grated and not is not a chunky small piece) stuck on it which I then removed... I noticed it came from the M.2 slot, but I don't see any significant damage on the module. I managed to insert it in afterwards with an OBVIOUS push.

I won't know for a month if I damaged it, affecting its function, please inform me if the damage affects the function of the module.... By the way, I don't have a working PC to test it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SL4FZG

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I won't know for a month if I damaged it, affecting its function, please inform me if the damage affects the function of the module.... By the way, I don't have a working PC to test it

I don't know how someone over the internet can tell you if you did / did not damage it by doing what you did, if you're unable to test it out yourself?

Your situation is why I always advise people to buy all of their components around the same time so they have a way to make sure they all work. Otherwise, a person could have a DOA component, and be forced to RMA it to the manufacturer instead of simply exchanging it with the retailer.

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I don't know how someone over the internet can tell you if you did / did not damage it by doing what you did, if you're unable to test it out yourself?

Your situation is why I always advise people to buy all of their components around the same time so they have a way to make sure they all work. Otherwise, a person could have a DOA component, and be forced to RMA it to the manufacturer instead of simply exchanging it with the retailer.

Agreed, especially with no pictures.