• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question I am Impatient!!! plastic residue on M.2 SLOT

Thenobamert

Apr 2, 2019
I have a CPU and GPU that are arriving next MONTH!!!!!!, I've decided to do the M.2 module first and I did small wiggles left to right it in an angle to try and insert it into the M.2 slot, I tried again, gently, and continued for 30 seconds and had no luck getting it in.... I put it aside to analyse my problem and found that the Mobo's M.2 slot had some small easily wipe-able yellowish plastic residue (same color as the slot side's plastic and it looked like how cheese gets grated and not is not a chunky small piece) stuck on it which I then removed... I noticed it came from the M.2 slot, but I don't see any significant damage on the module. I managed to insert it in afterwards with an OBVIOUS push.

I won't know for a month if I damaged it, affecting its function, please inform me if the damage affects the function of the module.... By the way, I don't have a working PC to test it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SL4FZG

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
I won't know for a month if I damaged it, affecting its function, please inform me if the damage affects the function of the module.... By the way, I don't have a working PC to test it
I don't know how someone over the internet can tell you if you did / did not damage it by doing what you did, if you're unable to test it out yourself?

Your situation is why I always advise people to buy all of their components around the same time so they have a way to make sure they all work. Otherwise, a person could have a DOA component, and be forced to RMA it to the manufacturer instead of simply exchanging it with the retailer.

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I don't know how someone over the internet can tell you if you did / did not damage it by doing what you did, if you're unable to test it out yourself?

Your situation is why I always advise people to buy all of their components around the same time so they have a way to make sure they all work. Otherwise, a person could have a DOA component, and be forced to RMA it to the manufacturer instead of simply exchanging it with the retailer.
Agreed, especially with no pictures.

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Agreed, especially with no pictures.
Even with pictures, I don't think anyone could give a definitive answer on it working or not. Really, until they can test the component out, it really would simply be a 50/50 guess for anyone here.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS