I always wondered............. who was the first member to get banned???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Walleye
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Originally posted by: mztykal
GuTB or Nef. Jerboy was banned recently. And Dennis was banned around a year ago if that.

den was gone about 2 years ago or even more.

cheers,
aquaman

i'm beginning to think noone even reads my posts...

eh? did you post something?

:p

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Walleye
Originally posted by: tec699
Who is this jerboy that you guys are talking about? What did he do that got him banned?

He was our first openly gay member and was banned because some people thought that he was annoying

someone said he wasnt gay :confused:

To be technically correct I think he was a switch hitter

he also was fixated on black lights & body fluids & flourescent light bulbs.

Cheers,
Aquaman

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: Quixfire
The first permanent ban I remember was Dennilfloss & GutB

Cheers,
Aquaman
I thought Jerkboy was before Dennifloss. Excuse if I sound to noobish.

jerkboy was WAAAYYYY after dennilfloss. dennilfloss was given a permanent ban BEFORE I joined AT Forums.

No...it was considerably after, as I joined in Nov. 2000 and he was still very much around, and I remember his 'confession' post quite well.
WTF? You're still around here?! :Q

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: C'DaleRider
I'm sure others were before this guy, but Nick Caputo probably was an early ban, permanent or otherwise.

I remember hearing of that dude. I never read any posts about him though or posts that he made.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Nef?

There was a dude named Nef? :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

where else do you think the term comes from

I think nef was the first one to be banned on the new forums.

I was banned back in march of 2000 along with several other for the great neffing of 2000.

basicly several of us had about 50 posts in OT or more. :x

Mods where not to happy about that one. ;)

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Adul
Nef?

There was a dude named Nef? :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

where else do you think the term comes from

I think nef was the first one to be banned on the new forums.

I was banned back in march of 2000 along with several other for the great neffing of 2000.

basicly several of us had about 50 posts in OT or more. :x

Mods where not to happy about that one. ;)

I remember that neffing............ good times :D

Cheers.
Aquaamn

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
If I remember correctly, Jerboy was banned for constantly starting flame wars, posting REALLY usless crap, and just generally p!ssing off the mods.

Nick Caputo is the one all trolls aspire to be, he is one of the first thieves to really make his mark on trading communities.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: C'DaleRider
I'm sure others were before this guy, but Nick Caputo probably was an early ban, permanent or otherwise.
Oh man, does that bring back memories. Yes, he would predate GUTB, and is the earliest perma-ban I can think of.

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
When the new board went up (FuseTalk) in October of '99 there were a bunch of people who were neffing constantly... and I'll admit I'm pretty sure I did a little bit. Anyway, I'm sure that's where the first banning took place.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
No, we had people banned on the old UBB forums too.

lowfatbaconboy

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2000
geez aquaman post enough?
especially in that canucks thread i just looked at the last 2 pages and every other post is you saying one word or a team members name.....

i rember being told of the great neffing of 2k just before i joined from a friend who was on here :0

Haircut

Platinum Member
Apr 23, 2000
I joined the Fusetalk boards in Apr 2000 (was a member way back in the UBB days) after AGN3D got closed and I seem to remember a fair few of the AGN crowd joining at a similar time and flaming AT for a bit.
I'm sure some of them must have got banned.

Also, didn't Skoorb get permabanned twice before Dennilfloss's big confession?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Haircut
I joined the Fusetalk boards in Apr 2000 (was a member way back in the UBB days) after AGN3D got closed and I seem to remember a fair few of the AGN crowd joining at a similar time and flaming AT for a bit.
I'm sure some of them must have got banned.

Also, didn't Skoorb get permabanned twice before Dennilfloss's big confession?

What did Skoorb do to get banned?

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Ah, likely one of the first mods that went mad. The "Fallen Angel" who now reperesents the evil of this board, mo haha, mo haha. :evil:

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Who was it that had like a gazillion posts and stopped posting once he got to a certain number of posts?

And don't forget Texmaster... He got banned for I forgot what... making threats or something...

But I swear - CADkindaguy is a spitting image of his political conservatism... :)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: tec699
Who is this jerboy that you guys are talking about? What did he do that got him banned?
He was our first openly gay member and was banned because some people thought that he was annoying
Jerboy wasn't banned for that, he got banned because he was an asshole. He used to post threads about how he purposefully drove through mudpuddles to splash water on people, or how he purposefully shared fake files on Kazaa, etc. He was an troll and an idiot.