I always wondered............. who was the first member to get banned???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: Quixfire
Originally posted by: Aquaman
The first permanent ban I remember was Dennilfloss & GutB

Cheers,
Aquaman
I thought Jerkboy was before Dennifloss. Excuse if I sound to noobish.

jerkboy was WAAAYYYY after dennilfloss. dennilfloss was given a permanent ban BEFORE I joined AT Forums.

No he wasn't.

I joined after you, and I remember the whole thing. I also remember posting in some of the same threads as him quite awhile before it all came down.

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
I actually remember nef being banned and thus forever being immortalized in ATOT.
Tho I dont think that word is used outside of ATOT very much.

And all those names being mentioned, man, all those memories of me sitting in my college aptmt surfing ATOT.

shit, was 1998 really so long ago? Sigh.

and i remember paulson had his paulsonator site and how he got banned several times then.

I didn't even realise Jerboy had been banned until this thread. It just suddenly dawned on me that "hey! yeah, whatever happened to that Jerboy guy, he used to nef here so much..."

hehe, guess I lurk more than i post.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
i was banned, many moons ago. i can say no more.

i've been banned 6 times.

i dont even know why the mods still allow me to post.

:confused:

TekDemon

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ViRGE
No, we had people banned on the old UBB forums too.

Wow AT was originally UBB also?!?!?!!??!!!?
I only say also because the original Maximum PC magazine forums were UBB back in 1998, and that's where I started my internet forum career haha. Sadly I never posted on the original boot forums although I did read the mag.

I guess back then UBB was the only decent board solution heh.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: TekDemon

I only say also because the original Maximum PC magazine forums were UBB back in 1998, and that's where I started my internet forum career haha. Sadly I never posted on the original boot forums although I did read the mag.

oh great, now you're calling fusetalk decent...
rolleye.gif

;)

TekDemon

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Walleye

rolleye.gif

;)

Haha actually when Maximum PC migrated over to delphi forums-actually, I don't think it was delphi forums back then...but a series of weird acquisitions and whatnot has pretty much left it Delphi Forums today, half the board refused to use the new interface and fled to their own forum. Of which I was a part of(dualboot.net) until I was banned. Heh. I think I had some problems with the founder of dualboot being a giant pr1ck to me, and that was that. I then went over to the Delphi/whateveritwascalledbackthen board and dealt with the cruddy board system.

I think fusetalk is actually better than the Delphi setup though, although I guess we'll always miss the good old UBB setups. Ah, UBB, I'll miss ya!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

rolleye.gif

;)

Haha actually when Maximum PC migrated over to delphi forums-actually, I don't think it was delphi forums back then...but a series of weird acquisitions and whatnot has pretty much left it Delphi Forums today, half the board refused to use the new interface and fled to their own forum. Of which I was a part of(dualboot.net) until I was banned. Heh. I think I had some problems with the founder of dualboot being a giant pr1ck to me, and that was that. I then went over to the Delphi/whateveritwascalledbackthen board and dealt with the cruddy board system.

I think fusetalk is actually better than the Delphi setup though, although I guess we'll always miss the good old UBB setups. Ah, UBB, I'll miss ya!

Hehe, I remember the switch to Delphi, a lot of people were ticked off, including myself! :D

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000

rolleye.gif

;)

hehe...I remember that. I used to lurk at dualboot. Is that site still around?

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Paulson was banned and unbanned about 5 times before a lot of these people were around. :)

Seems like time to bring up Thunderbooty!