Hunter Biden fathered a child while dating his bros widow

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Both sides the living shit out of it. Dems didn't deliberately make people nutty enough to vote for Trump. The GOP did that. It took decades, but persistence can pay off in unexpected ways. The GOP is the party of rich exploiters & thoroughly conditioned delusional middle class voters. Biden won't lose the nomination because of his son but because his time is past. Dems in general are reasserting the tenets of the New Deal, and that's not Joe, never really was.
You acknowledge that Democrats are reasserting the tenets of the New Deal, which assumes you recognize that they abandoned those tenets. The same disdain you hold for Reagan I share for the era that the Clintons ushered in.

Trump will burn it all down for daddy Putin. You are one fixed election away from having the Russian government take over congress. Permanently. You are in actual danger of loosing your democratic freedom. Now you may go and extend your prior line of reasoning, that you never had freedom to begin with and US democracy is a sham... and then Id argue you are 1½ inch away from that "id rather be a russian" t-shirt.
To me its a fact that Trump is working at Putins direction.
You at least have to entertain the idea. The possibility. With all the evidence in the open.
And with these items in hand ... one loss of the republic and second the status quo ... you still hammer on about Hunter Biden and you so choose to do so at the very time this Russian disinformation campaign reaches max peak traction in media (carried by Trump himself and select GOP agents and Fox).
One hand : Joe Biden, the, sigh, status quo.
Other hand : Trump the traitor.
And then you decide to carry Russian propaganda.
Your point may be totally valid. Its totally the wrongest of wrongest time to discuss it.

In my mind, you are at war. Many of you havent realized it yet. When you finally do it may well be over.
I would vote for Biden in a general election scenario, but I am also weary of the uninspired Boomer centrists who got us in this mess to begin with.

The Democrats have better candidates. I am partial to Buttigieg. I still admire Sanders but his heart attack is now a liability.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You acknowledge that Democrats are reasserting the tenets of the New Deal, which assumes you recognize that they abandoned those tenets. The same disdain you hold for Reagan I share for the era that the Clintons ushered in. To me, the Democrats became the party o

Far from abandoned. Clinton had to compromise with a raging hostage taking GOP & so did Obama. The govt must be made to function despite GOP efforts to make it otherwise. We all depend on it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Still waiting for you to have one, big guy

so.....at this point you are essentially acknowledging that Hunter is another Billy Carter, trying to make beer and profiting off of a name.

what was your actual point again? About how truly awful this person is for his dad? what was your point?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
so.....at this point you are essentially acknowledging that Hunter is another Billy Carter, trying to make beer and profiting off of a name.
Jimmy Carter quickly and assertively distanced himself from Billy’s influence peddling in Libya, so bad analogy.

what was your actual point again? About how truly awful this person is for his dad? what was your point?
That he is a political liability.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Big thread for a nothingburger

Wondered why this dumb topic was still at the top and going for 500 posts, so thought I'd jump in to see....

Nonsense that I expected.

I see SB75 has found a home for his "but Democrats.." routine.

Too bad he doesn't put this much energy into the impeachment thread denouncing Trump and perhaps I'd buy the claims of being a moderate, conscientious conservative.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Does anyone know if Al Gore has a son?

No? Why not?

Oh, because they are not running for office so no one cares?

Carry on with this stupid topic then.

Reactions: Meghan54

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Wondered why this dumb topic was still at the top and going for 500 posts, so thought I'd jump in to see....

Too bad he doesn't put this much energy into the impeachment thread denouncing Trump and perhaps I'd buy the claims of being a moderate, conscientious conservative.
He's gotta ensure those Democrats are held to a high enough standard to pass the purity test he's usually chastising them for. Meanwhile, Conservatives destroying democracy barely reads on the "meh" scale.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

you sound concerned

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
you sound concerned

I'll be concerned when President Biden names his Other Son as senior advisor in charge of Middle East peace, Prison Reform, Opiods, Veterans, Reinventing Govt, and key foreign diplomacy missions.

Otherwise, what's the point? Comparing who has the bigger douchebags for sons, Trump or Biden?
Not really a contest here unless someone finds a pile of dead hookers somewhere. Even then... Eh it's a coin toss.

Is this really the single issue you'd be voting on? Like centrism and Russian disinformation campaigns, but not partyboy offspring, and actually participating in the D primary? Vote butti then.

I can't fathom how this can be a major decision point given all other issues out there.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
My memory is very hazy, but my dim recollection is of Billy Carter being far more entertaining than Hunter Biden. I think I remember Mad Magazine making jokes about him.

Seems to be obligatory for top political figures to have an 'embarrasing relative', but Hunter seems a disappointingly boring and run-of-the-mill one. Even Hitler's was more interesting (William Patrick Hitler, his Irish nephew - scoundrel and wanna-be blackmailer)

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
This topic is most concerning. Somewhere out there a human was conceived. Call the wambulance!!!

Conceived out of wedlock and as this randomly googled document points out "children born to unmarried parents do not fare as well as children born to married parents." Highly concerning.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You post anything put out by The Gospel Coalition, that throws all kinds of red flags up all over the place!
The GC is a group of Evangelical Calvanists that has had many prominent Preachers and Evqangelists leave the group due to there extreme calvanistic views!
People like Billy Grahams Grandson left the Coalition!
Plus the coalition in no way even acknowledges that a woman can of her own freewill have a child out of wedlock!
Of course there is a downside so some say to a child not having 2 parents!
But I know of many gay and lesbian couples that are raising well behaved children who are doing well in school!
I also know some single parents whose children do not seem to be affected by having only one parents!
Actually I seriously doubt that was a randomly googled document, nice try though!!
You really need to check out your source before using your source!!

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
My memory is very hazy, but my dim recollection is of Billy Carter being far more entertaining than Hunter Biden.
Billy monetized his brothers office just a wee bit for personal gain.
1574895863076-jpeg.13731

Attachments

• 1574895863076.jpeg
    1574895863076.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 61

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
You post anything put out by The Gospel Coalition, that throws all kinds of red flags up all over the place!
The GC is a group of Evangelical Calvanists that has had many prominent Preachers and Evqangelists leave the group due to there extreme calvanistic views!
People like Billy Grahams Grandson left the Coalition!
Plus the coalition in no way even acknowledges that a woman can of her own freewill have a child out of wedlock!
Of course there is a downside so some say to a child not having 2 parents!
But I know of many gay and lesbian couples that are raising well behaved children who are doing well in school!
I also know some single parents whose children do not seem to be affected by having only one parents!
Actually I seriously doubt that was a randomly googled document, nice try though!!
You really need to check out your source before using your source!!

I did say it was randomly googled. It was the first thing I could find mentioning children born out of wedlock.

I don't know anything about the site and I'll take your word that it caters to nutters.

Last edited: