Hunter Biden fathered a child while dating his bros widow

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Then why do you keep promoting it? Their false portrayal of Shokin as righteous is the basis of the contrivance that either Biden was corrupt. Your own link shows that Shokin perpetrated it himself in order to claim victimhood.
You’re welcome to cite where I promoted any of the conspiracy theories. The two stories I’ve linked in this thread if anything are sympathetic to Hunter Biden while also recognizing his “career path” is a bit problematic.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You’re welcome to cite where I promoted any of the conspiracy theories. The two stories I’ve linked in this thread if anything are sympathetic to Hunter Biden while also recognizing his “career path” is a bit problematic.
There is no proof other than somebodyd opinion that Humter Biden is a political liability! logic or what you have observed or one plus one is not proof!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's conspiracy theory to claim that a conflict of interest ever existed. The appearance of impropriety is entirely contrived by the GOP entirely after the fact.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Because I don’t believe the GOP narrative. You do realize it is possible to dismiss the GOP version of reality and still perceive Hunter Biden as a political liability?

This guy gets it:

I like Matt Yglesias as a commentator. In theory I prefer more leftist voices, but for a liberal he's a thoughtful guy (more so than many). But I don't see how that article supports your agenda (insofar as I have any idea what you are trying to say).

Hunter's story has an interesting sub-plot of how even the most privileged can simultaneously have a hard time.

Edit - I mean, the crux of that article is surely:

The worst you can say about any of this, however, was that Hunter’s position on the board was a standing conflict of interest that should have been avoided. There’s no evidence that Joe did anything wrong, specifically. But an examination of the life and times of Hunter Biden does provide a reminder that most Americans thought politics as usual was corrupt long before Trump arrived on the scene to make it more corrupt.

Hunter Biden is a product of an unloved system

While progressives find Trump’s promises to “drain the swamp” to be galling and hypocritical in light of his family’s massive financial conflicts of interest, the real direction of causation likely goes in the other direction. People who identify with Trump’s racial and cultural politics find progressive complaints about corruption to be hypocritical and unpersuasive because the whole system is corrupt.

And I don't see that fits what you are trying to say.

I absolutely hope Biden isn't the nominee, of course. Though it's not my business not being American, but it's a marginally less depressing topic to think about than the probable Johnson win here.

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It's conspiracy theory to claim that a conflict of interest ever existed. The appearance of impropriety is entirely contrived by the GOP entirely after the fact.
The conflict of interest is apparent to anyone looking at it objectively.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I like Matt Yglesias as a commentator. In theory I prefer more leftist voices, but for a liberal he's a thoughtful guy (more so than many). But I don't see how that article supports your agenda (insofar as I have any idea what you are trying to say).

Hunter's story has an interesting sub-plot of how even the most privileged can simultaneously have a hard time.

Edit - I mean, the crux of that article is surely:

And I don't see that fits what you are trying to say.

I absolutely hope Biden isn't the nominee, of course. Though it's not my business not being American, but it's a marginally less depressing topic to think about than the probable Johnson win here.
In the portion of the article you quoted, the author acknowledges a conflict of interest. John Kerry’s stepson cautioned Hunter Biden due to the conflict of interest. People testifying against the Trump Administration acknowledge the conflict of interest. Hunter Biden even acknowledged his Burisma role as an error in judgment.

The only people who don’t see a conflict of interest are the brave keyboard warrior waterboys of P&N.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In the portion of the article you quoted, the author acknowledges a conflict of interest. John Kerry’s stepson cautioned Hunter Biden due to the conflict of interest. People testifying against the Trump Administration acknowledge the conflict of interest. Hunter Biden even acknowledged his Burisma role as an error in judgment.

The only people who don’t see a conflict of interest are the brave keyboard warrior waterboys of P&N.
I didn't see anyone claiming there was no conflict of interest or a perception problem, myself included. It is nowhere near the scandal Republicans or Fox News is claiming.

As I pointed out plush jobs for the politically connect is common. I have an entire thread about it. This is not a Hunter Biden problem.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I didn't see anyone claiming there was no conflict of interest or a perception problem, myself included. It is nowhere near the scandal Republicans or Fox News is claiming.

As I pointed out plush jobs for the politically connect is common. I have an entire thread about it. This is not a Hunter Biden problem.
Exactly, plus Hunter no longer works for them, so in the immortal words of Mulvaney, "Get Over It".

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

I think if you read the thread again, you will find a few posters doing mental gymnastics around acknowledging just that.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I think if you read the thread again, you will find a few posters doing mental gymnastics around acknowledging just that.

Conflict of interest aside, you don't have any reason to believe Hunter was part of the corruption within Burisma right? And the wacko trump cult members are exploiting a baseless narrative for political gain?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I read the thread where Hunter Biden fathering a child was some sort of moral crisis. Took some real snowflakes to come up with that idea.

If you want to switch the topic to Burisma, cushy slush funds are a problem with the rich and entitled. Though it is a stain, it is comparatively nothing next to the raw seething corruption that is Trump. The raw seething corruption Republicans have wholly endorsed, up to and including granting it sacrament. Republicans are enshrining corruption and ordaining it as their own religion. But Hunter Biden fathered a child. Oh, and he has money. THE SINNER!

To he who casts stones, I offer you a mirror and I say... "you first".

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Because I don’t believe the GOP narrative. You do realize it is possible to dismiss the GOP version of reality and still perceive Hunter Biden as a political liability?

This guy gets it:

Hunter has a lot of problems. Lots of former presidents and candidates had their problematic relatives (Billy, Roger...uh, Dubya was actually "the problem" Bush, but the GOP mainstreamed batshit, so that actually made him electable, go figure).

The issue here is that Hunter and Burisma is not a problem. Invoking that is pure lying conspiracy nonsense.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The conflict of interest is apparent to anyone looking at it objectively.

You're still falling for the Big Lie. Shokin wasn't investigating corruption by Burisma or anybody else. He was corrupt, a member of the interlocking clique of corrupt govt & business that ran Ukraine since independence. If Joe Biden wanted to protect his son's interests & those of Burisma he wouldn't have demanded Shokin's ouster. That's beyond obvious. If there were an actual conflict of interest rather than the contrived appearance of impropriety it would have played out differently.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You're still falling for the Big Lie. Shokin wasn't investigating corruption by Burisma or anybody else. He was corrupt, a member of the interlocking clique of corrupt govt & business that ran Ukraine since independence. If Joe Biden wanted to protect his son's interests & those of Burisma he wouldn't have demanded Shokin's ouster. That's beyond obvious. If there were an actual conflict of interest rather than the contrived appearance of impropriety it would have played out differently.
That’s all great, but that’s not the point I made.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Great, so you work at a fortune cookie factory. When you have a point Confucius, you let me know.

Conflict of interest aside, you don't have any reason to believe Hunter was part of the corruption within Burisma right? And the wacko trump cult members are exploiting a baseless narrative for political gain right?

Reactions: DarthKyrie