Hunter Biden fathered a child while dating his bros widow

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Conflict of interest aside, you don't have any reason to believe Hunter was part of the corruption within Burisma right? And the wacko trump cult members are exploiting a baseless narrative for political gain right?
Hahaha, not sure you'll get an answer...that the 4th time now? :D

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Conflict of interest aside, you don't have any reason to believe Hunter was part of the corruption within Burisma right? And the wacko trump cult members are exploiting a baseless narrative for political gain right?
You are correct. There is no evidence of wrong doing by Joe Biden or Hunter Biden. The Burisma quid pro quo was an abuse of executive power and provided Congress with a clear road to impeachment. I support the inquiries.

Conspiracy requires a kernel of truth to remain credible. Hunter Biden has left in his wake a career of poor decisions, and questionable and convenient “appointments” that can only be attributable to who his father is.

Trump promised to drain the swamp, and instead filled it to the brim. People like Hunter Biden were wading neck deep in the swamp before Trump. They will most likely remain after Trump is long gone.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Meanwhile, conservatives are silent about conflicts of interest when Rudy Giuliani helps a Venezuelan oil executive avoid money laundering charges in a DOJ case while continuing to work for POTUS.

When Rudolph W. Giuliani went to Madrid in August to confer with a top aide to the Ukrainian president and press for political investigations sought by President Trump, he also met with a previously unidentified client with very different interests.

While in Spain, Giuliani stayed at a historic estate belonging to Venezuelan energy executive Alejandro Betancourt López, who had hired Trump’s personal attorney to help him contend with an investigation by the Justice Department into alleged money laundering and bribery, according to people familiar with the situation.

A month later, Giuliani was one of several lawyers representing Betancourt in Washington. The lawyers met with the chief of the Justice Department’s criminal division and other government attorneys to argue that the wealthy Venezuelan should not face criminal charges as part of a $1.2 billion money-laundering case filed in Florida last year, said the people, who, like others in this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

The criminal complaint alleges that top officials of the Venezuelan state-owned oil company, elite business leaders and bankers conspired to steal money from the company and then launder it through Miami real estate purchases and other investment schemes.

Giuliani’s representation of Betancourt — which has not been previously disclosed — is a striking example of how Trump’s lawyer has continued to offer his services to foreign clients with interests before the U.S. government while working on behalf of the president.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Great, so you work at a fortune cookie factory. When you have a point Confucius, you let me know.
Here is a point, this situation is heading somewhere, your personal best case scenario is that Trump and co conspirators are outed as the Russian operatives that they are. It will not be pretty. In the same frame of reference we will have Starbuck on the record here carrying water for the other side. Here comes the point : At this time there will only be two sides. You will be standing on the wrong one. Its like youd rather be a Russian? Maybe that is true? Is it?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
[
I’ve answered it several times to different posters for those bothering to actually read the thread.

I've read the thread and did not see a clear answer to that question so thanks for clarification.

I'd add that his poor decision making probably has a lot to do with the fact that he has struggled with addiction. That doesn't excuse poor judgement but explains it.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Here is a point, this situation is heading somewhere, your personal best case scenario is that Trump and co conspirators are outed as the Russian operatives that they are. It will not be pretty. In the same frame of reference we will have Starbuck on the record here carrying water for the other side. Here comes the point : At this time there will only be two sides. You will be standing on the wrong one. Its like youd rather be a Russian? Maybe that is true? Is it?
Wrong on all counts. There is of course a third scenario, but it doesn’t fit on a fortune cookie, so you may struggle to understand it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
[

I've read the thread and did not see a clear answer to that question so thanks for clarification.

I'd add that his poor decision making probably has a lot to do with the fact that he has struggled with addiction. That doesn't excuse poor judgement but explains it.
It’s all good. Yes, addiction does factor into it, which is why I linked the articles I did, because those articles dare I say address #bothsides of the discussion.

It does beg the question how someone with a history of addiction and failure manages to land lucrative consulting jobs...hence the credible conflict of interest accusations.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
It’s all good. Yes, addiction does factor into it, which is why I linked the articles I did, because those articles dare I say address #bothsides of the discussion.

It does beg the question how someone with a history of addiction and failure manages to land lucrative consulting jobs...hence the credible conflict of interest accusations.

It's all about connections. It's how the world has and always will operate. Just look at Jared... He isn't qualified to shine my shoes but he seems to be doing alright.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It's all about connections. It's how the world has and always will operate. Just look at Jared... He isn't qualified to shine my shoes but he seems to be doing alright.
To me, the essense of this thread is exactly that. Sure objectively speaking its a dum look. Objectively speaking Hunter is a free man can, make questionable yet still legal choices. Done. That brainmath takes 120 milliseconds max. What op is doing here is giving it all the attention and time and PROPAGANDA value that Fox wants him to give it. Thus he becomes a useful tool... in our collective faces. Bad Starbuck. Bad.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The server... they say Ukraine has it. They're the ones who meddled in the election, hacked the DNC & blamed it on the Russians. Deep State. Corrupt media. Fake news. Spying! Totally exonerated. Traitors. Never Trumpers. China is paying the tariffs. Absolute immunity. Crooked Bidens.

It never ends. It's the firehose of falsehood.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
The server... they say Ukraine has it. They're the ones who meddled in the election, hacked the DNC & blamed it on the Russians. Deep State. Corrupt media. Fake news. Spying! Totally exonerated. Traitors. Never Trumpers. China is paying the tariffs. Absolute immunity. Crooked Bidens.

You can fool some of the people all of the time is the GOP motto.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Don`t forget Mexico is paying for the wall....lolool

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
To me, the essense of this thread is exactly that. Sure objectively speaking its a dum look. Objectively speaking Hunter is a free man can, make questionable yet still legal choices. Done. That brainmath takes 120 milliseconds max. What op is doing here is giving it all the attention and time and PROPAGANDA value that Fox wants him to give it. Thus he becomes a useful tool... in our collective faces. Bad Starbuck. Bad.
Our government, for my entire life, had been a charade of politicians all saying the right things, and virtue signaling to their respective bases of power, while enabling the Hunter Bidens of the world to do quite well for themselves.

If anything, Trump is a direct beneficiary of this system. He is also the first politician to abandon the charade entirely and enthusiastically cannonball into the swamp. Hard to counter the guy who unapologetically goes low when you’ve dipped your toe in the swamp.

Fox News had become the propoganda arm of Trump. I didn’t watch Fox News before Trump. I see no reason to watch it now. Fox News is also playing in every airport I travel through, at the gym, even available on flights right next to CNN and MSNBC. It’s given a level of credibility.

What Joe Biden represents to me is a return to the status quo that created Trump. I don’t lose sleep over him losing the nomination because of his son.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wrong on all counts. There is of course a third scenario, but it doesn’t fit on a fortune cookie, so you may struggle to understand it.

What third scenario may that be

100 items in the same spirit
And now its the Ukrainians that did 2016, straight out of the GRUs mouth and in contradiction to your own IC. Trump ignores his own IC and listens to... Putin.

Tell me that third scenario. Id like to hear it.

LISTEN TO ME : TRUMP IS WORKING ON BEHALF OF PUTIN.

Did you get that?
Be it a man-crush or kompromat or for cash or for something in between ... I dont know, but I do know that TRUMP IS WORKING ON BEHALF OF PUTIN.

Call it a 99% .. I gotta roll with that. I cant even come up with what that 1% should be.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Our government, for my entire life, had been a charade of politicians all saying the right things, and virtue signaling to their respective bases of power, while enabling the Hunter Bidens of the world to do quite well for themselves.

If anything, Trump is a direct beneficiary of this system. He is also the first politician to abandon the charade entirely and enthusiastically cannonball into the swamp. Hard to counter the guy who unapologetically goes low when you’ve dipped your toe in the swamp.

Fox News had become the propoganda arm of Trump. I didn’t watch Fox News before Trump. I see no reason to watch it now. Fox News is also playing in every airport I travel through, at the gym, even available on flights right next to CNN and MSNBC. It’s given a level of credibility.

What Joe Biden represents to me is a return to the status quo that created Trump. I don’t lose sleep over him losing the nomination because of his son.

Both sides the living shit out of it. Dems didn't deliberately make people nutty enough to vote for Trump. The GOP did that. It took decades, but persistence can pay off in unexpected ways. The GOP is the party of rich exploiters & thoroughly conditioned delusional middle class voters. Biden won't lose the nomination because of his son but because his time is past. Dems in general are reasserting the tenets of the New Deal, and that's not Joe, never really was.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

I have no clue what to say....
Other than it is way too late in the ballgame to even attempt to walk back what others have perceived your position to be on the subject.......nice try though!!

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Earlier he had denied fathering the child, but DNA tests prove he's the father and he is not going to contest being the father ..........again. Happened while he was dating his dead brothers widow, what a class act.
Contest winner in the debate tonight is whoever congratulated Joe Biden on his new grandchild. Maybe the $50,000 to $85,000 he was making each month in Ukraine for doing some job he knew nothing about will help defray expenses or the millions he made with China while his father was working deals as the Vice-President.

"
The document, filed on Wednesday in Independence County, Arkansas, on behalf of the baby's mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, said the DNA test determined that Biden was the baby's father "with scientific certainty."

The filing said Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, is "not expected to challenge the results of the DNA test or the testing process." He has not commented publicly on it.

In May, Roberts, who said she and Hunter Biden's relationship resulted in a child born in August 2018, filed a petition for paternity and child support and a request for him to pay healthcare for the child, according to the Daily Beast.

Biden's relationship history is complicated. In 2017, he finalized his divorce from Kathleen Biden, his wife of more than 20 years, after she accused him of spending money on drugs and strip clubs."

You bring up a great topic and I share your deep concern of children being born out of wedlock. Perhaps the solution is social pressure to encourage abortion of such pregnancies ?

• Haha

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump will burn it all down for daddy Putin. You are one fixed election away from having the Russian government take over congress. Permanently. You are in actual danger of loosing your democratic freedom. Now you may go and extend your prior line of reasoning, that you never had freedom to begin with and US democracy is a sham... and then Id argue you are 1½ inch away from that "id rather be a russian" t-shirt.
To me its a fact that Trump is working at Putins direction.
You at least have to entertain the idea. The possibility. With all the evidence in the open.
And with these items in hand ... one loss of the republic and second the status quo ... you still hammer on about Hunter Biden and you so choose to do so at the very time this Russian disinformation campaign reaches max peak traction in media (carried by Trump himself and select GOP agents and Fox).
One hand : Joe Biden, the, sigh, status quo.
Other hand : Trump the traitor.
And then you decide to carry Russian propaganda.
Your point may be totally valid. Its totally the wrongest of wrong times to discuss it.

In my mind, you are at war. Many of you havent realized it yet. When you finally do it may well be over.

Last edited: