Hunter Biden fathered a child while dating his bros widow

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Heh. There were 177 recipients of TALF loans. The govt made those loans so the recipients could buy ABS from the banks, keeping the banks afloat. No buyers for ABS, no loans to consumers & small business. The govt made a profit on it & staved off collapse of banking. Hunter obviously wasn't alone.
<Gasp> You mean that Hunter Biden took part in a wholly legal business venture that was good for all parties but happened to involve the government? And his father was vice president at the time but there's zero evidence of any unethical or illegal actions? The horror!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
<Gasp> You mean that Hunter Biden took part in a wholly legal business venture that was good for all parties but happened to involve the government? And his father was vice president at the time but there's zero evidence of any unethical or illegal actions? The horror!

It's the usual sleazy innuendo.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Anyone notice Taj and Luna have to hunt down dirt on the Biden's at the same time ignoring Trump's dirt that's out in the open and thrown in our faces?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Here's an article from 2016 about Shokin's removal.

The United States and other Western nations had for months called for the ousting of Mr. Shokin, who was widely criticized for turning a blind eye to corrupt practices and for defending the interests of a venal and entrenched elite. He was one of several political figures in Kiev whom reformers and Western diplomats saw as a worrying indicator of a return to past corrupt practices, two years after a revolution that was supposed to put a stop to self-dealing by those in power.

Something tells me taj won't admit he was wrong no matter how much evidence he's given. I just refuse to let him remain ignorant, if he wants to stay stupid that's on him though.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
the guy is just a all around scumbag riding on the coat tails of daddy. now we have this gem.

Funny that there is so much concern regarding Hunter Biden but haven’t said a word about the first family’s debauchery

So much concern

No, in fact, people like Luna are so lacking in critical thinking skills, they literally describe Trump and don't even realize it(at best), or intentionally are this partisan

Reactions: DarthKyrie

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Anyone notice Taj and Luna have to hunt down dirt on the Biden's at the same time ignoring Trump's dirt that's out in the open and thrown in our faces?

If all they have left to hurl at their liberal enemies is spit and piss while they get pounded into the dirt with a constant barrage of facts and truths well then spit and piss it is until that runs out and then the crying ensues for how they were victimized.........again.

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001

So you equate the requirement that a country receiving aid from the USA be responsible with said aid and remove folks from power who would squander that aid or not receive it with withholding aid so that dirt can be dug up on a political rival. Can you expound on how these two things are similar?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
So you equate the requirement that a country receiving aid from the USA be responsible with said aid and remove folks from power who would squander that aid or not receive it with withholding aid so that dirt can be dug up on a political rival. Can you expound on how these two things are similar?

Good luck with that question....it'll just be ignored, as usual.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The problem with confronting Taj with indisputable facts from legit mainstream sources is Taj always comes back and says -- You don`t expect me to accept anything from your source!!
When I thought that the way this whole new friendlier forum was going to work was when somebody makes an accusation and you present them with indisputable facts those people need to back off , not just pass off facts as being partisan and therefore not actually true facts....lolol
I have no problems with tj`s post concerning Hunter Biden`s indescretions!
the issue is in the way he segued this into an attack on Biden Sr......

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The most you can say about it is that it was unwise because of the potential for Hunter Biden's position on that corporate board to be political fodder... which it has become.

However, Biden didn't contravene and interfere with expert officials and grant a top security clearance to someone who didn't deserve to have one... like Trump did with Jared Kushner.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The most you can say about it is that it was unwise because of the potential for Hunter Biden's position on that corporate board to be political fodder... which it has become.

However, Biden didn't contravene and interfere with expert officials and grant a top security clearance to someone who didn't deserve to have one... like Trump did with Jared Kushner.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I just read this......I find it mildly amusing yet very concerting --
Donald Trump has access to everything, even though he doesn’t have security clearance. But even though he doesn’t have a formal security clearance, Donald Trump can still access anything he wants to see. The average American might have a few questions about Trump’s past behavior or the lawsuits against him.

Then this --
The president of the United States is not subject to a security screening and does not hold a security clearance. Once elected, only time and inclination separate a new president from opening the vaults and knowing the truth about everything. This will come as a great relief to the candidates of both major parties, neither of whom would likely otherwise qualify for a clearance. In the case of Donald Trump: his multiple bankruptcies, the ongoing Trump University lawsuit, and his contact with undesirable foreign nationals (Vladimir Putin would make a poor character reference on an SF-86) would probably add up to a big red X stamped across his form. Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, would have to answer—while hooked up to a polygraph—whether in the past seven years she ever received a warning or reprimand for any “violation of a security policy.” An honest answer to this would not be promising, and I doubt that investigators would be swayed by the defense “…but after his reprimand, the director of the FBI didn’t indict me!

You Vote for it

Regardless of their alleged misdeeds and possible disqualifiers, one of these two candidates is likely to be the next president. What does that mean with respect to sensitive material of the executive branch? Not a thing. Election to the nation’s highest office is the ultimate conferral of trust upon an American citizen by the body politic. Moreover, classification policy largely stems from executive orders, which originate from the president’s pen. He or she makes the rules for classification and the treatment of classified material. As commander-in-chief, all military secrets and secret-keepers serve at the whim of the president. If a president so chooses, he or she can more or less learn everything there is to know about anything there is to know.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Donald Trump has access to everything, even though he doesn’t have security clearance. But even though he doesn’t have a formal security clearance, Donald Trump can still access anything he wants to see. The average American might have a few questions about Trump’s past behavior or the lawsuits against him.

Then this --
The president of the United States is not subject to a security screening and does not hold a security clearance. Once elected, only time and inclination separate a new president from opening the vaults and knowing the truth about everything. This will come as a great relief to the candidates of both major parties, neither of whom would likely otherwise qualify for a clearance. In the case of Donald Trump: his multiple bankruptcies, the ongoing Trump University lawsuit, and his contact with undesirable foreign nationals (Vladimir Putin would make a poor character reference on an SF-86) would probably add up to a big red X stamped across his form. Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, would have to answer—while hooked up to a polygraph—whether in the past seven years she ever received a warning or reprimand for any “violation of a security policy.” An honest answer to this would not be promising, and I doubt that investigators would be swayed by the defense “…but after his reprimand, the director of the FBI didn’t indict me!

You Vote for it

Regardless of their alleged misdeeds and possible disqualifiers, one of these two candidates is likely to be the next president. What does that mean with respect to sensitive material of the executive branch? Not a thing. Election to the nation’s highest office is the ultimate conferral of trust upon an American citizen by the body politic. Moreover, classification policy largely stems from executive orders, which originate from the president’s pen. He or she makes the rules for classification and the treatment of classified material. As commander-in-chief, all military secrets and secret-keepers serve at the whim of the president. If a president so chooses, he or she can more or less learn everything there is to know about anything there is to know.

Well, can it be any other way? The alternative is to give the unelected officials of the security services a veto on who the population are permitted to elect as President. That's probably kind of how it works in Russia, ironically.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

I would agree that Hunter Biden and Jared Kushner are probably of comparable character. If you’re willing to dismiss this as simply “unwise”, I have a real estate opportunity for you in Romania. It’s also unwise to do cocaine as a commissioner military officer.

Joe Biden is running for President. His son is a political liability. Oh well.

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

Then this --

You Vote for it

BuTrump