Humankind - Sega - (2021) Discussion

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Please feel free to discuss the game on this thread.

Steam:

Epic:

There is no EA or GoG as i type this.

Overall: Im not liking it very much.
Its definitely not the civ killer everyone thought the game would be.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Well as i type this microsoft has a 1 month 1 dollar trail on game pass PC.
I have the ultimate pass, so i basically got it for free.
Honestly, its close to MEH... its not WOW, or hmmm... but a Meh...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh yeah I saw it on Steam. Looked exactly like Civilization except not as good. And since we already have a bunch of similar games I dont need to waste my time.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It needs some DLC's to flesh it out i think, i'm in my first game since the beta and just started the 3rd age with my Harrapan/Celt/Frank Empire , the one thing i do not like is how the map changes when you scroll out to provide less information
Max close up view
1629311609513.png
Fully scrolled out
1629311538018.png

I'll probably have more gripes as i play longer.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I am done with the game.
The game lacks a lot of things civ is known for.
Capturing enemy towns is really difficult, it has to do with war score, and your limited to capture only a certain amount before you exhaust this war score and the war just draws to even.
The graphics are MEH... i noticed my HDR would trip out on ultra when i moved the map around.
The game and tech tree's are MEH.

CIV6 is such a better polished game, despite how many people hate it compared to the other CIV's.

Anyhow its going to get uninstalled as i hate Windows Game Pass.
IF you do buy it, don't get it from microsoft... there are a ton of things broken with that version vs steam, like the inability to rename anything.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Is it true as you progress your culture folds into another thus loosing your identity?

On Steam they say it's 'woke', punishes war mongers, you can't skip turns, if someone surrenders to you they get their cities back.depending on war warriness. Also true?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Is it true as you progress your culture folds into another thus loosing your identity?

On Steam they say it's 'woke', punishes war mongers, you can't skip turns, if someone surrenders to you they get their cities back.depending on war warriness. Also true?

no you don't lose your identiy... it more morphs.. so you start off as X and then morph into something... ultimately turning into a world power leader like the American president. Or you can stay with one culture and advance though dynasty, but that is sort of stupid as each new technology culture also brings with it the special units that culture represents.

And yes, you need sufficient war points to capture stuff at the end of the war.
Its like Europa Universalis, only if any game can be called a Civ Killer, its definitely Europa, and not Humankind.

Reactions: paperfist

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
no you don't lose your identiy... it more morphs.. so you start off as X and then morph into something... ultimately turning into a world power leader like the American president. Or you can stay with one culture and advance though dynasty, but that is sort of stupid as each new technology culture also brings with it the special units that culture represents.

And yes, you need sufficient war points to capture stuff at the end of the war.
Its like Europa Universalis, only if any game can be called a Civ Killer, its definitely Europa, and not Humankind.

Seems like the game has an indenty crisis. Trying to topple Civ, yet it's stronger in some ways and weaker in other ways then it.

Are there government types you can adpot? How do you accumulate war points?

I played Europa long ago. Then it was far more advanced then Civ. I can only image what it's like now.

I guess I'll wait for expansion packs to come out. If it's anything like Civ it'll get better with age.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Are there government types you can adpot? How do you accumulate war points?

ummm... your country can advance though trading.
You can become a traitor by backstabbing everyone and declaring war on everyone.
There is some things you can do.

You can research religion for ideology, there is also a very limited tech upgrade path.

You get war points by killing the other people's army, and capturing territory.
Although if your army is too big, they always run.

If you want to play it, get a gamepass for 1 month for 1 dollar.
And then cancel it.

Note tho, the gamepass version sucks hardcore....gamepass in general sucks. i remember why i didn't sub that, and instead sub'd EA Play Pro.
But you get most of the game though gamepass, only you can't change or edit names on anything.

Reactions: paperfist

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Yeah I played it for a bit. Honestly, Civ 6 is just a better game. Much more variation. Perhaps in time it will improve like Civ 6 did, but it's not there yet.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
ummm... your country can advance though trading.
You can become a traitor by backstabbing everyone and declaring war on everyone.
There is some things you can do.

You can research religion for ideology, there is also a very limited tech upgrade path.

You get war points by killing the other people's army, and capturing territory.
Although if your army is too big, they always run.

If you want to play it, get a gamepass for 1 month for 1 dollar.
And then cancel it.

Note tho, the gamepass version sucks hardcore....gamepass in general sucks. i remember why i didn't sub that, and instead sub'd EA Play Pro.
But you get most of the game though gamepass, only you can't change or edit names on anything.

That was actually my plan, to get game pass. But I’m just going to wait, I played the beta (something like that) and thought maybe it improved a year later but it doesn’t sound like it.

I read that some reviewers said that Endless Legends was more comparative to Civ then HumanKind. I also played that game early on and didn’t feel that way, but I see it has a billion DLCs so maybe that changed.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Apparently if there is too much pollution in the world, the game just ends. Also, the AI apparently doesn't bother to clean up its pollution. Fail design there.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I tried the game while I was on Microsoft Gamepass, and I really wasn't a fan of it. They greatly expanded the number of improvements you can build in a city, but building them is a pain in the butt. It really felt tedious building my cities up.

In the first game I played, I accidentally built one more city than the city cap allowed, and half of my cities went into rebellion until I got a chance to fix that. Lame!

In the second game I played, I totally crushed my neighboring civilization in a war, but was only allowed to capture half of the territory I conquered because I didn't have enough war points. Also lame!

If really felt like they added a ton of complexity just for complexity's sake, and it makes the game unnecessarilly frustrating to play. I found the narrator to be annoying as well.