Question HP Support Assistant

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
I replaced the HD in my HP laptop. It's running fine with a clean install of Win 10. Is there any reason to download HP Support Assistant?? The original HD drive came with a preload that included HP Support Assistant.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
are there any proprietary chip set(s) that HP has the drivers for?? "Detection Verification" in the device manager has a yellow triangle with a ! in it...

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Look for Vendor & Device or PID and then Google it

devicedriverdetails_thumb.png

Even popular Intel's components / devices driver not necessarily will be installed automatically.

In most cases is that it does not affect the system at all even if you just ignore it.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGBT

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Well, never seen those devices before. You need to right click on the devices and find out what their vendor id & device id are.

You can also install HP Assistant to update the drivers first, then uninstall the Assistant if you think its absolutely not needed any more.

Last edited:

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Well, never seen those devices before. You need to right click on the devices and find out what their vendor id & device id are.

You can also install HP Assistant to update the drivers first, then uninstall the Assistant if you think its absolutely not needed any more.
I installed the HP assistant so I'll play around with it and see what happens..

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
You could also do nothing. I'm missing firmware for my chipset in debian. I could get the firmware, but it's non-free. I'm not missing any functionality I want, so I ignore the messages when I update the kernel, and my install stays fully libre.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
That may be my only course of action at this time...the HP Assistant is largely inactive since the warranty is expired...