Howard Stern Non-stop ranting wearing you down??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Stern is soo fvcking lowbrow, i dont understand why people listen to him.

And yet anothers ignorance is brought to light.
~wnied~

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Ameesh

Because - wait for it . . . he's funny! There is nothing wrong with lowbrow, which is why his audience includes doctors, lawyers, politicians, and other educated professionals.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
never liked stern that much, id listen on occassion when he was on in my area, sometimes it was funny

i like bob and tom more though

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Ornery
Sometimes Howard strikes me as quite an ass. It seems to bother him that people like Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno can make it big without the blue humor. You take that away from Stern, and half his material is gone. If other people can entertain successfully within established boundaries, why can't he?
What's the problem with his so called Blue Material? Does it offend you? Why not just change the channel or would you prefer the Government to make that decision for you?
I listen to Stern daily. The point is, it bothers HIM that other people can be successful without resorting to gutter humor. He says they're too bland, and milk toast. IMO, it takes more smarts to get laughs without the potty mouth, and he knows it, too. The only reason that's even funny, is because it's somewhat forbidden.

I don't mind him getting slapped. I don't mind that there are lines drawn on what is decent and available on certain outlets at certain times. EVERYBODY has a personal limit about what is acceptable under specific conditions. If everybody else has to abide by those rules, then so should he.

Jul 12, 2001
i listen to him daily and I agree that he is wearing me down, I keep thinking the old stern would never have taken this...the stern from "private parts"....but then i can also tell that he is just worn out from the constant fighting over the years...

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Remove "penis", "boobs", and "lesbian" from his act and he's a mute. Yeah, great talent.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Carbo
Remove "penis", "boobs", and "lesbian" from his act and he's a mute. Yeah, great talent.

You have obviously never really listened to him. I'm not sure why a non-listener would even enter this thread (though God knows a lot of people who have never heard his show are working hard to get it off the air because it is allegedly indecent). What have you ever accomplished artistically?

CHANGE THE CHANNEL IF YOU DONT LIKE IT! My god people, you act as though you have no brains.

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
This may have been mentioned already in this thread but I didn't read through the whole thing. What I want to know is what is "Tag Bagging"?

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
I don't see how Howard could be so targeted, but Jerry Springer has been unquestioned for years. People see his show, just shake their head, and move on.

As much as I hate Howard Stern, his name alone should tell people that if they don't want to hear things that might burn virgin ears they should turn the station. Personally, I'd like to see Howard Stern out on the street begging for change, but I don't think censoring him is the fair way to see that happen.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
You have obviously never really listened to him.
Wrong. I have. And that's why I know the extent of his act, which is limited to bathroom humor and related thoughts.

What have you ever accomplished artistically?
Is that the best argument one can make for Stern? OK. You win. He's more popular than I am.

Feb 10, 2000
Wrong. I have. And that's why I know the extent of his act, which is limited to bathroom humor and related thoughts.

Is that the best argument one can make for Stern? OK. You win. He's more popular than I am.

You are flat wrong about his show, and I have been a daily listener for years. There is a LOT more to him than "bathroom humor." I used to feel the same way when he came on Letterman years and years ago - he seemed like a no-talent boob. Once I started listening to the show, I began to see that he is an incredibly quick-witted and funny man.

I didn't intend to ask about popularity, but literally about artistic accomplishment - Howard really revolutionized broadcasting, and you are totally dismissing him. IMO he is a tremendous talent, and deserves at least some respect for that.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Don_Vito

You are flat wrong about his show, and I have been a daily listener for years.

I didn't intend to ask about popularity, but literally about artistic accomplishment - Howard really revolutionized broadcasting, and you are totally dismissing him. IMO he is a tremendous talent, and deserves at least some respect for that.
Opie and Dopey and all those other Morning Jocks owe their careers to Howard.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You are flat wrong about his show, and I have been a daily listener for years.

Opie and Dopey and all those other Morning Jocks owe their careers to Howard.

And he owes his to Don Imus. So what?

Psorak

Banned
Feb 4, 2004
Originally posted by: MailBoxHead
Nope.
For some reason the easily amused apparently aren't tired of his having ho's on flashing their boobs and ass either.
His following is just one indication of the lack of intelligence in the USA anyway.

And your post is another indication.

All your posts are an indication of how lonely someone can be in America. Picking up and leaving his whole life for some skank OP.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Personally, he wore me down the first time I heard him. I think he's a no-talent assclown...then again I hate talk radio. :)

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Ameesh

Because - wait for it . . . he's funny! There is nothing wrong with lowbrow, which is why his audience includes doctors, lawyers, politicians, and other educated professionals.

i dunnno, i dont find him funny at all, his tit & ass schitk just gets old.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: ness1469
I don't see how Howard could be so targeted, but Jerry Springer has been unquestioned for years. People see his show, just shake their head, and move on.

As much as I hate Howard Stern, his name alone should tell people that if they don't want to hear things that might burn virgin ears they should turn the station. Personally, I'd like to see Howard Stern out on the street begging for change, but I don't think censoring him is the fair way to see that happen.

Finally! A voice of sanity in this wacky thread.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Howard Stern, what? I heard about him taken off the air a couple weeks ago...that was the last I heard of him. Nothing wearing me down.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I say take Stern off the air so we can hear more Christian radio! That is some great radio right there. So clean and with the praising of Jesus everyday, what more can you ask for? I think all radio shows should be like that.

You've got to understand, Christians have NEVER hut anyone at any point in history. HOWEVER, people that are exposed to boobs and sex talk have gone crazy and just started killing people at random for no reason. Very scary stuff. I'm glad we have the decency act to protect us all.