• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Howard Stern Non-stop ranting wearing you down??

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
3,000
2
81
Is it just me, but Howard's non-stop FCC/Persecution talk is starting to wear me out? I hope me saying this isn't sacrilegious. I love Howard, but it's getting repetitive and taking away the reason why I listen to the show in the first place. I want to hear about Gay C, Tag Bagging, lesbos and him ripping on Jay Leno. Howard's newly raging Messianic complex is getting a bit much. He just goes On and ON about the FCC on his ass which I can understand, but the past two weeks or so, it's been pretty much his whole show.

(Yeah, I do have too much free time now. But hey, it's early Saturday morning so why not get all the random ideas out of my head now!)

For any other stern fans like me, is his ranting wearing you down?
 

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
12,508
46
91
He's making a mountain out of a mole hill, IMO. He lost six affiliates. Whoop-dee-doo. Did he cry like this when Bob and Tom wiped the ratings floor with him in Indianapolis? He was only on there for about two months.
 

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
20,020
14
81
What Is Kerry's Position On The FCC & Decency Laws?

If Howard thinks Kerry is going to save his ass, I think he's mistaken.


Kerry: Stations Have Right to Pull Stern
  • "Howard Stern does have the right to say whatever he wants anywhere, but he doesn't necessarily have the right to say it on that station if the people who run the station don't want him to," Kerry said while campaigning in New York, where Stern's show is broadcast.
I can't find a damn thing, on how Kerry would reign in the FCC, or anything like that. I have a feeling he supports current decency laws, but can't find a quote on his position one way or the other.



House Bill Would Raise Penalties for Indecency
  • The outrage over the conduct of celebrities such as singer Bono and broadcaster Howard Stern has done something in Washington that few thought possible: brought together liberals and conservatives in an often-warring Congress.

    Lawmakers have long complained about sex and violence on television. Legislation to crack down on indecent language was introduced last year after Bono uttered an obscenity at the Golden Globe Awards program televised in January 2003. But what had been a crusade by a handful of lawmakers erupted into a bipartisan stampede after Jackson's performance. By Wednesday, the indecency bill had 144 sponsors in the House.
 

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
3,000
2
81
I wasn't really asking if people hate him or love him.

I know I can't prevent others from taking this thread in a different direction than I intended, but I think you guys are missing my point. I am just asking any Stern FANS if they are getting tired of his non-stop talk in the last few weeks about how he is being persecuted.

 

MailBoxHead

Senior member
Apr 1, 2003
412
0
0
Nope.
For some reason the easily amused apparently aren't tired of his having ho's on flashing their boobs and ass either.
His following is just one indication of the lack of intelligence in the USA anyway.
 

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,530
3
0
Originally posted by: MailBoxHead
Nope.
For some reason the easily amused apparently aren't tired of his having ho's on flashing their boobs and ass either.
His following is just one indication of the lack of intelligence in the USA anyway.
And your post is another indication.
 
Feb 10, 2000
30,029
66
91
I agree this is getting pretty repetitive, but I don't blame him, and I do think the issue is incredibly important. IMO the new "Communications Decency Act" is a crock of sh!t, and the way it was rushed to a vote incredibly quickly does lend itself to conspiracy theories. The new legislation not only creates a maximum fine of $500K for "indecency," it is per station, per offense, plus it creates personal liability. Howard is on something like 70 stations. This will effectively make it all but impossible for Howard to keep broadcasting an interesting show, because Tom C and Infinity are understandably going to be gun shy about potentially obscene material, and will heavily censor him. On the bright side, he has tended to get onto more fun topics this week after ranting about the FCC for a while.

For my part, I hope he is either fired or released from his contract, so he can go on satellite radio. I'd have to think the uncensored show would be a lot more fun, and he could just as easily have the E! show, taped in a Sirius or XM studio.
 

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
5,253
0
0
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
I agree this is getting pretty repetitive, but I don't blame him, and I do think the issue is incredibly important. IMO the new "Communications Decency Act" is a crock of sh!t, and the way it was rushed to a vote incredibly quickly does lend itself to conspiracy theories. The new legislation not only creates a maximum fine of $500K for "indecency," it is per station, per offense, plus it creates personal liability. Howard is on something like 70 stations. This will effectively make it all but impossible for Howard to keep broadcasting an interesting show, because Tom C and Infinity are understandably going to be gun shy about potentially obscene material, and will heavily censor him. On the bright side, he has tended to get onto more fun topics this week after ranting about the FCC for a while.

For my part, I hope he is either fired or released from his contract, so he can go on satellite radio. I'd have to think the uncensored show would be a lot more fun, and he could just as easily have the E! show, taped in a Sirius or XM studio.
Its funny how left and right leaning radio personalities are on the same side. And the democrats and republicans in congress are on the same side.
 

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
3,000
2
81
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
I agree this is getting pretty repetitive, but I don't blame him, and I do think the issue is incredibly important. IMO the new "Communications Decency Act" is a crock of sh!t, and the way it was rushed to a vote incredibly quickly does lend itself to conspiracy theories. The new legislation not only creates a maximum fine of $500K for "indecency," it is per station, per offense, plus it creates personal liability. Howard is on something like 70 stations. This will effectively make it all but impossible for Howard to keep broadcasting an interesting show, because Tom C and Infinity are understandably going to be gun shy about potentially obscene material, and will heavily censor him. On the bright side, he has tended to get onto more fun topics this week after ranting about the FCC for a while.

For my part, I hope he is either fired or released from his contract, so he can go on satellite radio. I'd have to think the uncensored show would be a lot more fun, and he could just as easily have the E! show, taped in a Sirius or XM studio.
Grazie.........

 

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
20,860
1
71
Originally posted by: X-Man
He's making a mountain out of a mole hill, IMO. He lost six affiliates. Whoop-dee-doo. Did he cry like this when Bob and Tom wiped the ratings floor with him in Indianapolis? He was only on there for about two months.
That's not the only thing that's going on.
 

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
10,765
0
0
Originally posted by: MailBoxHead
Nope.
For some reason the easily amused apparently aren't tired of his having ho's on flashing their boobs and ass either.
His following is just one indication of the lack of intelligence in the USA anyway.
 
Feb 10, 2000
30,029
66
91
Originally posted by: FoBoT
HS is going to a manager at a McDonalds soon
Huh - he has been making millions of dollars a year for some time (his current contract is for $20M/year), so I don't think any Quarter Pounders are in his future.
 

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
20,020
14
81
Sometimes Howard strikes me as quite an ass. It seems to bother him that people like Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno can make it big without the blue humor. You take that away from Stern, and half his material is gone. If other people can entertain successfully within established boundaries, why can't he?
 

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
7,024
0
0
this is hardly new for me...
he constantly seems to think everyone is against him. this time it is just sort of true. so...he must be freaking out.
i mean, the man is delusional. he thinks he invented talk radio and constantly claims everyone is stealing from him. he needs to stop taking himself so seriously and just relax.
 

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,530
3
0
Originally posted by: Ornery
Sometimes Howard strikes me as quite an ass. It seems to bother him that people like Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno can make it big without the blue humor. You take that away from Stern, and half his material is gone. If other people can entertain successfully within established boundaries, why can't he?
What's the problem with his so called Blue Material? Does it offend you? Why not just change the channel or would you prefer the Government to make that decision for you?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY